It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel May Delay Attack in Return for MOP Bunker Buster Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The United States may supply Israel with advanced Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) bunker-buster bombs that can penetrate through up to 60 feet (almost 20 meters) of reinforced concrete, reports Maariv Tuesday.

This is part of a deal being worked out between the countries, which also includes the supply of refueling jets

www.israelnationalnews.com...

This is just "part" of the deal being worked out. I wonder if Obama will sign off on this? (Can the military approve this or does it need Presidential authorization?) If it's going to delay an attack and make him look good, he will do it. Fact.

I know Bush at the last minutes refused them Bunker Busters (probably because he wanted a more peaceful exit from office), yet I recall other sources saying "bunker buster like" bombs were already provided.

Anyone else recall this too?

edit on 9/4/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please Use EX tags, not QUOTE for external content.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Maybe USA should try this... Not giving them jack# and letting them attack whoever the heck they want without US support... I hate knowing that we pay off countries with military supplies so they wont act out... Its similar to giving a kid a piece of candy or a toy when they are about to throw a temper-tantrum...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Its similar to giving a kid a piece of candy or a toy when they are about to throw a temper-tantrum...

Except this Candy can kill other kids.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well if the US is going to give them the MOP Bunker Buster, why stop there. might as well supply the jet, and while your at that, why dont the US supply the pilot and the Intel. WTF

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
IIRC the MOPS have just become available after an unexpected "urgent upgrade". Israel already has GBU-28's, according to newsweek.

Inside Obama's Israel Bomb Sale
Sep 25, 2011

The aid, U.S. and Israeli officials confirmed to Newsweek, includes the long-delayed delivery of 55 powerful GBU-28 Hard Target Penetrators, better known as bunker-buster bombs, deemed important to any future military strike against Iranian nuclear sites. It also includes a network of proposed radar sites—some located in Arab neighbors—designed to help Israel repel a missile attack, as well as joint military exercises and regular national-security consultations.

www.thedailybeast.com...
edit on 4-9-2012 by METACOMET because: fxlnk

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Very suspicious.

"Israel, come on man. Wait till the elections are over."

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Apparently we already have. I recall someone at the GOP convention saying we gave them 55 BBB.

Jerusalem Post

Israel is seeking clarifications from the United States to ensure bunker buster bombs it recently purchased are not carrying defective fuses that could cause their premature detonation.

Last week the US settled a lawsuit against a defense contractor for allegedly supplying it with faulty fuses.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
No, I think the US should have more leverage than this regarding the issue. And Israel is going to do what exactly with those weapons? That's what I thought. I'd say no to such a condition:
1) Delay? Don't you mean cease all efforts and plans to attack?
2) Why should we give you ridiculously powerful weapons designed to take out said bases in Question
3) You're off your rocker Benny and Gang. We may be Goyim in your book, but we're not idiots.

This deal: Temporary Peace with assured destruction at a later date.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

The GBU-28 bunker busters that Obama gave Israel in 2009 are 4,000 pound bombs. Apparently Israel now wants the MOP bombs, which are a much more capable 30,000 pound bunker buster.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is one of those fantasy stories. Israel has no aircraft capable of fielding the c.13,000 KG Massive Ordnance Penetrator weapon.

Is no one capable of producing a story which can be remotely based on reality?

Regards

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So the deal is. We wont attack Iran, if you give us some bunker busters. How ever once we have them. Then we can do what ever we like. Dont worry we will kill all those Iranian goyim for you. Then the great USA can come in and rob rape and murder any one left, that is against you stealing their countrys wealth.
What a crock...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think Israel is well in the planning phase of whatever Israel is going to do and they are playing Obama for a blithering idiot now to buy time and get room to move. They can't trust him in any way, period. The leaks of even the SMALL stuff across media headlines these days show that much.

They can't even share basic information without Obama or one of his people deciding to make points in the media. If anyone thinks Israel is dealing in GOOD faith with such a man and when they're national survival is in the balance, their nuts. Aside from that...

The MOP is worthless in Iran and it's the biggest open secret of this whole BAD IDEA of attacking Iran in the first place... It's big, true...but it's NOT BIG ENOUGH. Israel would KNOW this. Unlike some Americans, they don't have the luxury of delusions regarding their own strength. 7 million Jews will die if they're wrong.

Here is what this is about though...and the problem is just obscene when Obama is still babbling about these like they actually MEAN anything in this.

Nice, impressive graphic isn't it? Those always look scary for the guy it's supposed to be dropped on. The REAL thing looks even 'better', depending on view.

We could ask WHICH facility....

......and what plane Israel has to carry it....given they are going to be pressed hard to hit the main facility at Fordo effectively and these weapons are designed to be carried by the massive B-2 or B-52 strategic bombers. I'm sure they figured that out tho....

(I was hoping for one of SEVERAL graphics I was all but tripping over just a couple months ago showing the Fordo, Iran nuclear facility for depth and construction....but ALL this time hunting and not *ONE* of them still exists on the World Wide Web that I can find..ANYWHERE.....Let this be an example of why we HAVE to off-line save EVERYTHING these days......truth is as valid as a delete key makes it)

So... without graphic or data..which also seems to be flat out MISSING now... I guess we'll have to go by pure memory in saying the base is 80 feet beyond the reach of the most powerful NON-Nuclear weapons on Earth.

They can Nuke it....and a nuclear Bunker buster, now THAT data is everywhere online. No one scrubbed that off the world stage.

They can keep playing fantasy games about how a Bunker Buster designed to hit 180 feet down is being deployed against a facility that *STARTS* with the first ceiling at well over 200 feet down...or accept this isn't staying non-conventional in JUST the opening shots to achieve the basic goals. Or..even more likely, it's half ass'ing to get into World War III and then give everyone a sheepish "oooops" for how it all went so wrong.

We could look, use some elementary school math and see there is no mystery though. It's a disaster to even war game because the laws of physics aren't breaking just because Obama wants them to. It's Israels game I'm not sure of....It's not Arrogance for them. Netanyahu is no immortal Superman. He'll die in the same nano-second as the other few million Israeli citizens around him.....so I don't get it unless this is nothing but playing Obama for the fool...as I really suspect.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

They already have B-2's and bunker bombs ,what the F@#K!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Ummm... Wrong. You'll have to show anywhere you've seen the idea even floated as a JOKE...that Israel or anyone else on Earth is sold or given a B-2 Spirit Bomber. There is still tech on that plane which the names and patents are classified for, let alone something an Ally gets to SEE...much less own.

Naww... Israel COULD use a cargo plane guess. Some of the Thermobaric weapons in Afghan were delivered that way. I'd read an account of one of those being dropped in Tora Bora and the CIA team's story of doing the bomb damage assessment right afterward. It just erased the human beings that used to be in the valley camp they called it down on.

Dropping by gravity out the back of a cargo plane isn't getting a precision weapon beyond the depth it's claimed capable of going tho....and Israel didn't have a plane I knew of that could...but obviously they have something in mind for this to even be a factor to ask for.

edit on 4-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

edit on 4-9-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
This is one of those fantasy stories. Israel has no aircraft capable of fielding the c.13,000 KG Massive Ordnance Penetrator weapon.

Is no one capable of producing a story which can be remotely based on reality?

Regards

Look above my post? There is your answer.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Look above my post? There is your answer.

Nope, cannot see what you mean. However, just to repeat my assertion that Israel does not have the means to deliver a 13,000KG weapon. On that basis, the story is being made up and merely meant to fan the fires and keep the war drums rolling.

Regards

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ahh the North Korea tactic. Give me something or I kill people. Supreme leader would be pleased.

new topics

top topics

join