It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So sad ):

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
These videos just made me cry. Because I can relate to them. That's also the reason why I posted this in the gray area. And I can't believe how strong some of these people actually are. Sometimes I wish I was as strong as them. (:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Powerful stuff. Just need to look into their eyes and realize how painful psychological abuse or psychological pain can be. I try to be a optomist and think that these occurances are happening less and less, but the videos have linked suggest other wise.

Thanks for posting, people should see these videos.

edit on 4-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't feel bad for people who cut themselves because they got called ugly. Sorry,

Stop making youtube vids and see a therapist...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

Originally posted by goochball
I don't feel bad for people who cut themselves because they got called ugly. Sorry,

I would suggest you see a therapist as you seem to lack basic human emotions such as empathy or compassion.

You did not need to waste your time posting that.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

People who cut themselves do so to create a dissassociative response, usually in response to severe mental or physical trauma and abuse. It is a symptom of a deeper problem, and your ignorant response only compounds the problem.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think I'm entitled to my opinion after watching a 7 minute video, do not tell me what to post. Sorry I'm not emo enough for you guys.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What is this? Are these kids mute? A few of them alter the video settings to be black and white or old timey looking? This just seems like a trend for selfish kids to be popular for QQ'ing. The one girl says she had an eating disorder at 10, what? I mean I'm only 30 and we had goth kids growing up but this emo thing with generation Y.. cutting themselves and bronies.. how the hell does a kid develop and eating disorder by age 10? This is the steady "pussification", as Carlin would put it, of the US.

It just seems like these kids are making up problems with themselves to fit in. I suppose had my peers actually been sympathetic or would have shown an ounce of empathy to a problem I was having growing up I may have made a video like this too, but none of us were overly emotional about our sad lives. It is nice to see youngsters using pens/markers to communicate rather than typing with they're thumbs though.
edit on 4-9-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

You know what, your right, you free to share your own opinion regardless of how ignorant it is. Further, I wish the best of luck to anyone in your life that could potentially suffer from some form of depression, because with your attitude you might be likly to drive them to go through with more deadly attempts on themselves.

I guess not everyone as tough as you.

Back on topic, Its attitudes like goochball's that perpetuate issues like this and may even result in increased rate of suicides.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

Hope this video helps.
Jason Gray - Remind Who I Am

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I think I'm entitled to my opinion after watching a 7 minute video, do not tell me what to post. Sorry I'm not emo enough for you guys.

You seriously need to educate yourself.

edit on 4-9-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

The anorexia victims aged FIVE: Doctors blame ultra-slim celebrities as almost 100 under-9s are treated in hospital

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You seriously need to educate yourself.

Don't call me dumb or I'm getting the razor.

Trolling was against T&C if a recall correctly. Thanks have a nice day.

Back on topic again.....Education would be a good idea to increase awareness of such an issue, lives could be saved and help provided. I am afraid to say a lot of these kids suffer with this and no one could be none the wiser.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Yeah, thats Britain. Show me a bulimic kid from Uganda.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I'm not calling you dumb. But you do need to educate yourself, because it is a serious problem and, based on your replies, you're probably one of the kids who instigate a lot of the problems.

It's about empathy and respect for others.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
**ATTENTION PLEASE**

Everyone has the right to an opinion, up to the point it becomes disruptive.

I recommend whoever can't participate in an on-topic and civil manner find a different thread.

Thank You.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I sat here one evening and watched a ton of those after the guy who started it all died. Lots of tears and tissues to be sure.

This is the video that that spurred others to share their story. It will make you cry, smile, laugh, and leave you in awe at the same time.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

In one sense he has started a trend to hopefully inform more people about depression or mental abuse. Some people just need an outlet for what they have built up inside.

Thanks for adding the video.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I'm not calling you dumb. But you do need to educate yourself, because it is a serious problem and, based on your replies, you're probably one of the kids who instigate a lot of the problems.

It's about empathy and respect for others.

Let me ask, based on my opinions of this do I also seem like the type who would "instigate a lot of the problems"? I was the opposite of a bully in school, I got beaten up and jumped daily from 6th - 7th grade. I never understood why I was getting picked on until abit later. I used to raise my hand to read and answer questions. I think alot of those kids took it as me showing off when it was actually not that at all, people who don't read well and don't understand what they read well struggle reading aloud and getting they're balls busted by the teacher makes an uncomfortable environment for everyone, so I volunteered often. Anyhow I got beat up quite abit before I got fed up and started fighting back, once I started fighting back though it got ALOT easier for me, I promise ya that. It made me stronger, it made me accept who I was and not only that but embrace my individuality.

Now, in that line of thinking, to me it seems like you people who overly-sympathize with these kids are really the ones who "instigate alot of the problems". These kids nowadays are weak willed and your empathy towards they're every little plight fuels that drive to continually play the victim. Life is hard, they should be taught that from the moment they can understand it. For 20 years now these kids have been so coddled that now we have a generation of legal adults cutting themselves because they didn't get the 1st job they ever applied for.. but wait!

They're not cutting themselves deep or because they suffer from some serious bi-polar like disorder, they're doing it for the thumbs up's! They're doing it to get that cyber coddling most of you give them. I'm not going to branch Freudian, you get the point.

top topics

join