It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observations on being homeless

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

If you are homeless you can still get food stamps, so go apply. If you are homeless the government will give you a box for your EBT card to be mailed to.

Apply for housing assistance, you will be on a waiting list but if you apply today you are one day closer to getting a place to live.

I agree completely with your statement there and there is plenty to be hopeful about, even as a homeless individual. As long as someone turns those emotions and sensitivities off for awhile to deal with the ugly reality of being where some of society's worst members make their home and exist as pure predators.

Sounds like the OP has avoided the human predators so far...and I hope that continues. If all the aid possible is sought and gained....I see no reason why you can't be correct in seeing it go all the way to temp. housing and the like to get a new start. At least the beginnings to one. I don't know about all that working a second time to apply for....but as a first timer on the street, it should come this time.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah, I think being homeless is a huge reality check! But anything is good if you make it so. There really is help out there, but everything takes time, and you will learn patience and perseverance in abundance!

I think the predators are more widespread if you are a homeless woman, but anyone with half a brain can figure it out pretty quickly as to who to avoid (those predators) and who is just like you, a person in a bad situation.

People who become homeless will see both the best of humanity and the worst. But seeing them at their best that is beautiful!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

Man, I have no advice. Just believe that my thoughts are with you. No consolation in this, but I have a feeling there's going to be a lot more homeless within the next year. Maybe people are going to have to look differently upon the plight of the homeless.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I always say it's definitely one of those things 'someone has to walk in your shoes' to even slightly understand. People that have never hit rock bottom usually will just assume- you got where you are because of your own laziness, you are going to spend donation money on alcohol and drugs (and it's rough for some living that way, so I don't blame them if they do drink or get drugs to get their minds off things). I guess some states, counties, or wherever you live give more help than others but I often hear you have to jump through hoops to get some help/aid that way. You said you don't have a phone, there are some government phones (yes, so they can eavesdrop on everything you do) that you could try getting to help you out (cause you ain't gonna find a job without a phone).. safelink, lifeline are a couple,you probably are already aware of them, but just throwing that out there. not sure how you would go about having them mail you the phone though.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Text White Hey I live in NYC and there are lots of homeless people here depending what areas you are in. I started hanging out with this one homeless guy cause I felt bad thought nothing of it I even brought him food and clothes. One day he offered me drugs and I took it like a dumb ass that was 7 years ago. Do you think it was a set up? Now is that I am coming off the drugs I was even became homeless as a result of my expensive drug habbit and no one being able to deal with my behavior just like he was. People would judge and laugh at me too I see the way they twist their face when the see me. You just have to be mentally strong they are just trying to break you. I am going to a program if I don't go they come to my apartment (I live with my mom she felt bad for me). I guess since I am not using hard drugs anymore It can help me from drinking until I black out. Its better than being given psych meds and being forced to be in a hospital I think all psyc problems are a result of black magic or some form of mind control and also the long term effects of taking the meds but lets leave that for another thread. Anyway people still remember me when I used to ask for change so I can't even get a girl out here or find job for that matter I was set up bad by my step mom now that my fathers dead and shes in control I am screwed but I just wanted you to know you are not the only one. Be strong mentally thats all the advice I can give.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is the biggest BS story I've almost ever heard on here. Sorry not buying it. If indeed you are homeless I can see why as you need some (mental) help.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think your getting excellent training for "When the SHTF". You'll be way ahead of me for sure. When the power grids fail, you'll already know how to survive where most people without these types of skills will die.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
thank you for sharing

You Sir are an Angel amongs a lot of demons
i can feel every word you just typed and it break my heart
that you are so right

been working my ass off for 15 yrs and for what .. nothing
no more good jobs .. the system is broke
all dominos are falling and all the elites are running in their bunkers

the good news in all of this
all the sinners are creating their own hell
the good guys are creating their own heaven

Have Faith !

let me share something ..
my own mom is one of those elite with her expensive fallen angels statue in her room
making the devil sign subliminaly with the fingers .. recently clicked what they are

she is wicked and lie a lot .. thinks the bad stuff are funny .. spit in coworker milk that she dont like
drinks a lot of red wine and seems to have a lot of skeletons in her closet
i can see through her and still love her .. she only needs love and maybe she can be saved
i really dont know where she will go .. her negativism is beyond logic
always throw insults at me and my brother if we dont listen to her "orders"
each time we try to reason with her she goes bersek making huge scene with her face all red

This thread will interest you :Ten Courts of Hell
we have to know where all those lost soul go
maybe we can save a few before the clock run down

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It just occurred to me...but as a general suggestion in being homeless these days and with the street becoming more brutal and unforgiving than even I'd seen it in the early 90's..I have ONE suggestion to make. It's tricky because your options are limited by having a car right now....and sadly..I fear that won't be a problem you likely have long if you're on the street hard.

Occupy... You're on the right general neighborhood for D.C. Occupy!
I've been out of the Occupy scene for months so I have no clue if they consolidated everything into D.C. or if they still have smaller camps running in the area.....but if I'd been a homeless person instead of volunteering by choice to live in the camp last year, Occupy would have been Mana from heaven and dreams come true. Hot food, people who treated the homeless with equal respect and no abuse as a general rule and acceptance of everyone until they DID something to prove otherwise.

In a crazy and vicious world the 'street' forms...and whatever else I have come to think of Occupy as, for someone ON the street....a person could do MUCH MUCH worse than throwing in with them and giving time/effort to the cause in exchange for all Occupy can supply in food, security and general well being.

edit on 4-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

Dude I totally feel your other post on the Gladiator thing, and I totally realize how much worse it could be. I think my electronic Bible is what has saved me that headache. There are some straight killers out there. Ive been in their presence and thats why I split, but did find time to talk with their community. SOLO is 100% the best way to go (unless you are homeless with family). This stinks too, I wanted to get up to occupy when I was working and could never get the time off. My friend T and I actually planned a trip out there and it fizzled out due to work/home/bill obligations. Its funny how they strategically keep the money out of it then use the cops to break it up. Then everybody ends up hating the cops. And they cant say anything otherwise or else theyll be fired and put in the same place. One thing I am doing is learning a TON. I could probably out survive many more people than I could originally (just 4 months ago) if say we all had a natural disaster (and even better I could use my skills to help catch up the slowpokes).

A big thanks to everyone helping with the ideas. They are thoughtful and helpful. You guys rule. I am working on some job leads I got and hopefully they are only temporary, as im told im supposed to travel the country again soon, and this time im not supposed to just pass through areas and take a more comprehensive look at them and their industries. I sure hope so, and I hope its in better financial situations as people treat you different when you bring money, sadly. But I really thank all of you, and I think I might try to do a survival write up on how I am doing things so that anyone else that finds themselves in this situation can use that reference to make the impact much much less on themselves. Thanks again and I love you all.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hey OP I see you mentioned Servena Park as where most of this stuff is taking place to you. I live right up 695 from you. You also said you have confirmed places that this stuff is happening to you? I am ready and willing to help you with this because I have seen people behave this way toward the homeless, but have never heard a firsthand account from someone homeless that is going through it currently. Send me a PM with some more details, and I will see what I can find out for you on my end.

Stay safe out there in the meantime.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
This is the biggest BS story I've almost ever heard on here. Sorry not buying it. If indeed you are homeless I can see why as you need some (mental) help.

I dont care if I get in trouble for this....you are a #ing prick. Totally worth breaking T and C for that.

Hes not on here asking for money and stuff. Just saying his personal story. So why would you have a problem with that?
edit on 5-9-2012 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'll share my story...I make a lot of money doing my job but I got caught up in drugs...Here me out MODS it's a good story, not a druggie story. Anyway I got to the point where I lost my wife and kid because of it. I went to rehab, which i dont see anything in your post about drugs so it's a little different. I'm totally clean now.

Here's where it comes into play. My buddy hit rock bottom about a month ago. He walked all the way to my house, about 15 miles, in tears saying he needed to get help for his addiction and he has been homeless for two weeks. I paid for his rehab, he's still staying with me, and he's doing so much better now. If he screws up he knows I'll straighten him out in a heartbeat. Long story short, you bro, have a guardian angel out there somewhere and from personal experience, hitting rock bottom is the worse feeling in the world. It don't matter how much money you make.

I'm starting an email to that library right after this post and will write one a day until they respond to me. There are legitamite people out there that are homeless who can't help it. I try to help as much as I can, as long as I can see through the bull and they are honest people not trying to get money for booze or drugs.

But hang in there brother. Things will get better. Let's see what happens if we get the power of ATS emails to this library. strength in numbers my friends.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135

I dont care if I get in trouble for this....you are a #ing prick. Totally worth breaking T and C for that.

Just to speak on his behalf, its an intentional BS post. He is just balancing the RED in the thread. Dont know if it will bring more lol, but just clarifying it. Sometimes they HAVE to insult you or else theyll have bad fortune. But I totally understand (as are some of the people that hurt me on the street). There REALLY are some people out here though that are intentionally seeking to hurt people. Im told people like me are a sort of "bait" then they tear these people up that take the bait, when no one sees. I hope so.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I stopped reading when I got to the part about the guy using his cell phone to give you a heart attack.

I gotta agree with the poster above, not buying it. A cry for attention perhaps?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I dont understand the cell phone giving me arrythmia bit , that was dropped into the post either?
Also did the post say was homeless , then wasnt ,because he living with his sister after a divorce?so why all this stuff about living in a car?
I am confused and going to read again to check.
If the op perceives this to be true , phone apps causing heart flutters etc mebbe it is a sign of psychosis of some sort ,or anxiety attacks etc?

And what is all this about the reds?

wishing you the best if this is true ,

edit on 5-9-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2012 by gambon because: sp

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Hes not on here asking for money and stuff. Just saying his personal story. So why would you have a problem with that?

I think he's not buying it because the OP is telling stories about demonic rich people using cell phone apps to disrupt his heartbeat, and evil "RED" beings who are following him and deliberatly harassing him 24\7. They're 'out to get him' because that's simply what they do.

(At least that's what I thought I read.)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Really you believe him? I mean sure he can be telling the truth but do you know how many times the sheep has cried wolf on here? Don't get me wrong I don't want to come off as some heartless bastard but the whole cell phone heart thing is where I think I started to lose his trust.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I was feeling for you and your situation, and even wanted to help until you started with the evil caucasion load of mindless bullcrap. There is good in all people, and you're a fool if you think otherwise. Your self loathing of your own skin color sounds like a mental disorder.

I also believe that you suffer from paranoid delusions. Nobody is jamming your head with their cell phone, atleast not intentionally. However, some humanbeings are without a doubt rotten pieces of garbage, and they come in all races.

Even with that being said, I do hope that your situation improves. It's a terrible feeling to not have a roof over one's head and no money in your pocket. Nobody should go hungry on this planet these days. It's not your fault that you blame other people (Caucasions & rich folks) for your situation, you were probably brainwashed by some red diaper doper baby teacher from your past.

Try judging those around you as individuals instead of stereotyping them much the same as you claim that they do to you for being homeless and your life most likely will improve. I really hope that things get better for you. Best wishes. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

YOUR words will come back to haunt you when you soon find yourself in the SAME exact position...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I really empathise with you dude. You are staying strong and my heart is with you. Seriously though, when seeking work, DO NOT ASK FOR A HANDOUT! I swear, if they had considered inviting you to work for them, a beg is going to go down like a horse sh*t sandwich. Sad but true.

I appreciate you are hungry but unfortunately, society is programmed to repel neediness. I hate it but it's true...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join