It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scenic Photography by Sly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just thought I would share some of my recent photos! Feel free to use as wallpaper or enjoy however for personal use only.

All of these pics were taken in/from Pueblo Colorado during dusk hours. Most of the shots I was going for silhouettes of Iconic western landscapes and just amazing sunsets that I get to witness every day here in Colorado and never take for granted.

All the images (except for the last 2) were taken with a Nikon D3100 @ 1080p

As far as the camera settings go, honestly I'm not entirely sure I remember because I shoot dynamically and usually try several different settings for each single shot to get a variety to pick from and see which come out better.

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res (Photoshopping)

(cell phone pic)
Full Res
edit on 4-9-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Beautiful! I especially love the one with the sunflower!

Now I have a new background

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Nice work. That last cloud formation is certainly ATS worthy

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Very nice indeed.
I used to do a lot of photography myself.. might have to post some of mine sometime.

One thing that could have helped your OP would be to expand on the pictures themselves...how you took them, time of day, location. shutter speeds etc.. What you were trying to achieve.

Not knocking you.. I do really appreciate these pics.. better than i could do now. Just that I did notice the odd tiny error (wont say what here)

otherwsie... superb.. excellent eye.. I like the way you frame the shot and I can see exactly what you were after.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In a word... Beautiful.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Very nice indeed.
I used to do a lot of photography myself.. might have to post some of mine sometime.

One thing that could have helped your OP would be to expand on the pictures themselves...how you took them, time of day, location. shutter speeds etc.. What you were trying to achieve.

Not knocking you.. I do really appreciate these pics.. better than i could do now. Just that I did notice the odd tiny error (wont say what here)

otherwsie... superb.. excellent eye.. I like the way you frame the shot and I can see exactly what you were after.

Well I still have time left to edit, I didn't think anyone would really care about those details but I certainly have no problem adding them!

Glad you like them!

Mind if I ask what the odd "tiny error" was? I'm curious is all, I'm working at making this a part-time business of mine and could use all the useful criticism I could get!

There are a few errors and I'm sure you noticed my shoddy clone-tool attempt to remove a rather out of place Nibiru...I mean lens flare...lol

The other lens flares I left in simply because it didn't take away from the image enough to warrant shopping it imho.

Again thanks for the feedback!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

What a wonderful eye for natural beauty you have!

Do you belong to the toddler in the picture?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I, personally, would never ever touch any of my photos with nay editting software, unless it was to resize to fit.

I take a picture, it's as it is.. no other way.
lense flare is an unfortunate, but there may be a filter for that

I'll u2u the 'tiny error' I notice and how you could avoid it in the future

good work..

oh, I used to use 35mm film.. old school.. before the days of all this digital trickery

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Sly1one

What a wonderful eye for natural beauty you have!

Do you belong to the toddler in the picture?

Yes that is my lovely daughter...she is pretty damn photogenic but I'm a little bias

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I always save my original (raw) files for reference for whatever reason though lens flares get on my nerves if they are in the wrong spot and obvious enough...I think its because my eye wants to navigate and focus towards the lens flare instead of the intended point of interest I had in the picture in the first place.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

You're not biased- she is beautiful!

Keep up the good work!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

All the pictures are good but only one is great.

The sunflower.

Good job on that one.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wow!!!!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!! These would be nice on a calendar, cards, t-shirts, coffee mugs etc.
Keep up the good work and please share more when you can.

new topics

top topics

join