It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Deputy Pistol Whips 19-Year-Old in the Head (Surveillance Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Fox News has come across surveilance video that shows a LEO pistol whipping a 19 year old while he walks away. The victim spent 4 months behind bars due to the LEO's untruthful version of the story. The gun even discharged as the LEO pistol whipped the victim as he turns around and the cop blames the kid for the discharge claiming there was a struggle.

Little did the officer know that there was surveillance video nearby...BUSTED!

The main incident happens at around the 50 second mark (WARNING - GRAPHIC):

Fox 5 has obtained surveillance video of a February 3rd incident involving a Prince George's County police officer that seems to dispute his story about why his gun discharged.

A Cottage City 19-year-old spent nearly 4 months in jail after Corporal Donald Taylor claimed Ryan Dorm assaulted him and the gun went off as Taylor struggled with him. The surveillance video is from a business on Perry Street near Rhode Island Avenue in the Brentwood area. Attorney Jimmy Bell, who represents Dorm, says the video shows Taylor out-and-out "lied" when he wrote up a report supporting assault charges against his client.

The incident started when Dorm and a friend say they went to the "Lowest Price" gas station convenience store late that night to buy snacks. Dorm says his friend was wearing a ski mask because it was cold, but two police officers thought he looked suspicious and were going to rob the store. Ryan says he wanted to avoid any trouble, so he left.. But he says Taylor and a second officer followed him. The video shows Dorm being approached from behind, then smacked in the head with a gun. The video shows the flash from the gun as Dorm was being struck.

Taylor has been indicted and faces a trial in November. Bell has filed a $10 million dollar civil lawsuit in the case.

www.myfoxdc.com...

This is absolutely disgusting. No matter what version of the story you want to believe there is no excuse for this officer's actions and the video proves the officer to be in the wrong. I hope the victim wins his 10 million dollar law suit and I hope the cop ends up in jail for assault at the very least.

edit on 4-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: Title

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Did the cop do wrong? Of course.

However - what did the kid do that warrent that reaction?

Mouth off?

Steal something?

Why was his friend wearing a hockey mask?

Common - these kids were probably provoking people, and frightening people....

The cop could have shot him and walked away. After all his friend was wearing a hockey mask at a GAS STATION....

what would you think?

Cop was wrong - I'm sure that kid did wrong too.
edit on 4-9-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

what would you think?

I think if the victim was such a threat he should have been subdued with proper procedure which I'm sure isn't pistol whipping as he turns around, almost from behind. He could have tackled him then handcuffed him as it would have been easy to do. Heck, he could have even tazed him which I do not think would have been appropriate either way.

But this is just another case of blatant police brutality. If you carry a badge and a gun you have a code of conduct that you must uphold.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The kids were probably provoking people? They were probably stealing something?

What exactly in the video lead you to those "probable" conclusions? I wouldn't want you in the jury, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

A couple of folks go to the store for some snacks and are judged as criminals without doing anything any other normal person does on a regular basis.

From source link:

Dorm says his friend was wearing a ski mask because it was cold, but two police officers thought he looked suspicious and were going to rob the store.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So cold the cops didn't have coats on and when they grabed his friend he took off. Yup that sounds innocent to me

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
So cold the cops didn't have coats on and when they grabed his friend he took off. Yup that sounds innocent to me

Who cares if he would have even robbed the store (which he didn't), he was pistol whipped by an officer from behind. If he had commited a crime there are other ways to subdue potential suspects, smacking him in the head with your service pistol is not one of them. It appears you are advocating this blatant police brutality due to the temperature...am I right?

I appreciate other people's opinions but some of you are clearly promoting an agenda in your posts.

It's rather sickening to say the least.

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I appreciate other people's opinions but some of you are clearly promoting an agenda in your posts.

The majority of people honestly believe that if you are within 3 feet of a cop it's because you "deserve it."

Doesnt matter if that cop is your wife or your brother in law and you're just catching up.

Whatever the reason 90%+ of people believe whoever is near a uniform but not in uniform is a criminal.

It's a knee-jerk reflex of a slave public.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It's a knee-jerk reflex of a slave public.

Bingo

It's a shame that so many people are conditioned to automatically side with the jackboot thugs. Stockholm Syndrome is a real epidemic and it is very prevalent in North America.

Stockholm Syndrome

I also believe there are other factors influencing their reaction to this incident but I don't want to open up that can of worms yet.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wow another bully with a badge!

But it's just a few bad apples right?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This cop needs to get dealt with! These brutal thugs (the police) are making it so bad that I would be afraid to call them if I ever needed their assistance.

Karma is a female dog...

And that's a fact!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've been saying it for years.
Our country suffers from mass Stockholm Syndrome.
We automatically root for the good guys which are......say it with me class......The_______
The MORE they abuse us, the MORE we cling to them for security.
the more we defend them to other people.
The more we shun those who would dare to speak ill of them.

Quick,

You turn the corner just in time to see a young man running toward your car and you see a cop on foot about a half a block away chasing him.

What is your first reaction???

See!!

My first reaction is to tell the guy to "get in quick"!!

Why?
Because the odds are that the cop deserves to be in jail more than this guy does.
I'll take my chances.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
Did the cop do wrong? Of course.

However - what did the kid do that warrent that reaction?

Mouth off?

Steal something?

Why was his friend wearing a hockey mask?

Common - these kids were probably provoking people, and frightening people....

The cop could have shot him and walked away. After all his friend was wearing a hockey mask at a GAS STATION....

what would you think?

Cop was wrong - I'm sure that kid did wrong too.
edit on 4-9-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

Thats kinda a odd perspective. Thing is, HES A KID, hes 19.
And that cop, SURE put alot of force behind that whip. Besides i thought they had tasers or pepper sprays for stuff like that. Atleast thoose would be just painful, and not leave a smashed or broken face. Wich could hurt for weeks.

And just because the kid did wrong, that by far doesnt mean he should have such a reaction.
Imagine how he will feel about other cops, even if they are nice.
Its a circle without a end. I reckon that kid will just be a worse criminal, if he even were.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
also i vote for a better psychological test and a all around iq test (not just normal mensa IQ test). But also practical and creative IQ. For all cops in the US... From what ive gathered, it takes like 3-4 months to become a cop in the US. That seems pretty damn crazy.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I just watched the video with sound off, didn't hear the commentary and don't care.

What I witnessed was unacceptable, completely. If that kid was a threat that warranted rough action, then they would have trained their guns upon approach. There was none of that, and their posture did not indicate they feared for their lives at all. This was a beat down and just wrong on every level, innocent until proven guilty.

Next. I used to work a news desk in DC, and PG county police has a long long history of misconduct. Looks like nothing has changed.

Edit-the officer drew his firearm, left it pointing down, and then hit the suspect. It was either holstered with the safety off, which is a violation, or disengaged the safety it in the few seconds before swinging. However, there was no leading the suspect at all, no commands given to stop, just unholstered, approach and swing. I don't care what the kid did, the officer's response is unjustifiable on any level due to his actions.
edit on 4-9-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The kids hands are never even raised prior to the thug smashing him with his gun. No way in a just society this animal with the gun is in the rights.

I simply cant believe some of the assumptions, against these kids along with the justifications being made to support this Pig and his partner! It frankly depresses the hell out of me!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FraggleRock

He didn't make his weekly pay off payment as scheduled!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The absolute worst part of all this is that cpl scumbag taylor will probably never serve any time in prison for something I personally think he should be executed for. There is no excuse for this, if you defend this person in any way there is something very wrong with your brain.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This officer needs more training.
The polymer grips/body don't really have enough weight to be used as a head cracker.
I assume it was a Glock 40, it could be a 9, but its seems like most cops are using the 40's now,
this weapon discharges when dropped also, very dangerous...
I like the ruger luger myself, its very fast, with less recoil.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmikeS
I assume it was a Glock 40, it could be a 9, but its seems like most cops are using the 40's now,
this weapon discharges when dropped also, very dangerous...

Actually, a Glock CANNOT fire by dropping it, unless ALL of the three passive safeties have been disabled. And I can't imagine a Department allowing those modifications because of the legality involved.

I'm certain that the officer had his finger on the trigger when he hit the boy, and tightened his grip, to give him a solid whack, and manually discharged the firearm!
Also, WTH is a Ruger Luger?
edit on 9/4/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: add text

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join