It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Courts of Hell

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

""As above so below". Is this not a basic tenet given to us from Jesus? Thats why its Gods fault.
reply to post by andy06shake

That quote is not from Jesus at all!

It was originated in Satanic esoteric beliefs. These words circulate throughout occult and magical circles, and they come from Hermetic texts.

The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus is a short work which coins the well known term in occult circles "As above, so below." The actual text of that maxim, as translated by Dennis W. Hauck is "That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing". The tablet also refers to the three parts of the wisdom of the whole universe. Hermes claims his knowledge of these three parts is why he received the name Trismegistus (thrice-great, or Ao-Ao-Ao meaning "greatest"). As the story is told, this tablet was found by Alexander the Great at Hebron supposedly in the tomb of Hermes.
It often is represented with the image of baphomet - a representation of satan and as been heavily adopted by satanists and occultists alike for that reason.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Does it not kind of imply in the Emerald tablets of Thoth that all the great leaders(Jebus included) are all incarnations of one ascended master or another? I thought it was Jesus through. My bad.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by akushla99

We aren't given once chance, we're given a lifetime of chances.

...and what if you dont happen to have ever heard, cannot understand, are mildly or profoundly retarded, brought up in the wrong religion...etc, etc, etc...

Does NOT make procedural sense, whatever poetic way you describe it...simply relegates those who do not know (and could not know - because of obvious inconsistent circumstances) to some imaginary locum...a locum, I grant you, exists in the FREE WILL minds of humans, and always has...for the reasons I have explained...

A99
edit on 9-9-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

I don't care what religion you were born around you've heard of Jesus.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Does it not kind of imply in the Emerald tablets of Thoth that all the great leaders(Jebus included) are all incarnations of one ascended master or another? I thought it was Jesus through. My bad.

According to Jesus he's the only one that ever ascended to heaven, so those other fools are fakes.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

We aren't given once chance, we're given a lifetime of chances.

...and what if you dont happen to have ever heard, cannot understand, are mildly or profoundly retarded, brought up in the wrong religion...etc, etc, etc...

Does NOT make procedural sense, whatever poetic way you describe it...simply relegates those who do not know (and could not know - because of obvious inconsistent circumstances) to some imaginary locum...a locum, I grant you, exists in the FREE WILL minds of humans, and always has...for the reasons I have explained...

A99
edit on 9-9-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

I don't care what religion you were born around you've heard of Jesus.

You're quite sure of this?

...and what if you weren't born 'around' religion?...go to hell?

Does NOT make procedural sense...

A99

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

"According to Jesus he's the only one that ever ascended to heaven, so those other fools are fakes."

This is the reason i have a problem with organised Christian religion, essentially what you are saying is that you(Christianity) are correct and eveyone else who questions or disagrees with the word of God,The Bible(written by man, hence fallible) will all burn for eternity? Why is there no mention of hell in the Old Testament?

Do you really even have an understanding of what eternity is? I dont. Why is it that its Christianity's way or the highway? Is there no middle ground? Because if not then we are just as bad as the Sharia Muslims! IMHO of course.
edit on 10-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Why am I not allowed to postulate arbitrary conjectures like you are?
Not everyone will be saved, Christ warned about this. Worry about those who have heard, not those who never have. God has a way of reaching everyone at least once.

edit on 10-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I'm not saying you can't...

...except, in my case, it ain't 'arbitrary'...he he

I really do believe that God is omnipotent, omniscient...and intelligent beyond the petty textual quotes, that we can all get thoroughly bogged down in...who said what, and when...and what did it really mean...is this the true translation...etc etc etc...

...apart from that, I have a source I am confident in...

A99
edit on 10-9-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

A99

It is arbitrary, you didn't source anything. That's what arbitrary means, "unsourced".

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

A99

It is arbitrary, you didn't source anything. That's what arbitrary means, "unsourced".

Where do you get off telling me what I have 'sourced' or what I haven't?

If by 'sourced' you mean...scripture or translated texts...you can forget that tower of Babel!

A99

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Not everyone will be saved, Christ warned about this. Worry about those who have heard, not those who never have. God has a way of reaching everyone at least once.

What is interesting (and I will say, I don't dislike your posts) is that we are both using the word God here...as do all religions...

The psychology of salvation is an interesting subject in itself...it begs a massive contradiction, which affronts the goodness of Loving God...and verily turns she/him/it into a human-like entity with emotions in the process (to qualify the contradiction)...as if this makes it correct...

Here is your contradiction - a contradiction which makes NO procedural sense...

A loving, omnipotent, omniscient Creator...Creator 'of all that is seen and unseen'...is somehow at war with his own creations (possible? I doubt it)...with the awesome breath of this being, all can be undone in the moment before the blink of an eye...what 'saving', and from whom is this saving to be affected?...from itself?

We, the tiny flames from the great conflagration are ALL on our way back, in our own time, under the auspices of FREE WILL...conferred upon us by a loving and eminently patient God...after our forebears, deigned to exercise the original FREE WILL to incarnate to flesh bodies to begin the wheel in motion...being 'saved' means, understanding the process by which this is achieved...Christ, and all the prophets came to deliver just this message...

A99
edit on 10-9-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I can't read all of a sudden? Everything you said was unsupported. If you want to do that fine, you just need to allow others to do it as well. You're appealing to masses of unnamed people out there. You can only speak for yourself, you don't know what others have heard or not heard. What about the folks who have heard of Jesus and reject Him? Let God worry about those who have not ever heard of Him, people are judged by the information available to them.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

What is interesting (and I will say, I don't dislike your posts) is that we are both using the word God here...as do all religions...

A99

That's fine, "God" is a generic title, certainly not everyone uses the same proper Name of God.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I can't read all of a sudden? Everything you said was unsupported. If you want to do that fine, you just need to allow others to do it as well. You're appealing to masses of unnamed people out there. You can only speak for yourself, you don't know what others have heard or not heard. What about the folks who have heard of Jesus and reject Him? Let God worry about those who have not ever heard of Him, people are judged by the information available to them.

Unsupported by what?

I am not God, I do not allow or disallow anything...

What do you, or anyone else care what others have heard or not heard of Jesus or Mohammed or Buddha...like you say...let God worry about it...

...and if they are judged by the information available to them...they cannot, in all Gods honesty and Goodness be judged for not having the information available...make sense? (in relation the the OP?)

A99

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

A99

That's fine, "God" is a generic title, certainly not everyone uses the same proper Name of God.

Man is also a 'generic' title...

A99

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So is "cat", what is your point?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

...and if they are judged by the information available to them...they cannot, in all Gods honesty and Goodness be judged for not having the information available...make sense? (in relation the the OP?)

The Bible answers this exact "excuse" directly and unquestionably.

ROMANS 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
2 Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.
2 We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things.
3 Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?
4 Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?
5 But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.
6 He will render to each one according to his works: 7 to those who obey patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; 8 but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.
9 There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, tthe Jew first and also the Greek.
11 For God shows no partiality.

(It is important to note that "Jew" in this context represents all of GOD's chosen nation Israel, and "Greek" represents all other nations of the earth (gentiles)).

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

(It is important to note that "Jew" in this context represents all of GOD's chosen nation Israel, and "Greek" represents all other nations of the earth (gentiles)).

It is important to note that everyone who believes in Jesus are now part of God's chosen people.
There is no nation of Israel, and has not been ever since the death of Solomon.
There was a kingdom called Israel which broke away from a strict Yahwistic worship and were destroyed by the Assyrians.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

It is important to note that everyone who believes in Jesus are now part of God's chosen people.
There is no nation of Israel, and has not been ever since the death of Solomon.
There was a kingdom called Israel which broke away from a strict Yahwistic worship and were destroyed by the Assyrians.
reply to post by jmdewey60

Place your finger in your Bible at Genesis Chapter 12. Place another finger at Acts Chapter 2. Now pick it up by the pages between your two fingers: what you have between those two fingers—most of the Bible—is all about Israel! And God has made certain covenants with Israel.

God has made some irrevocable, unilateral covenants—formal commitments or promises—and one of His most essential characteristics is that He delights in making and keeping His promises. One of the most disturbing shortcomings of many modern churches is their failure to appreciate the seriousness of these covenants. There are four, in particular, that are absolutely vital for an understanding of both the Old and New Testaments: The Abrahamic Covenant, the Land Covenant, the Davidic Covenant, and the New Covenant (from which the New Testament gets its name).
Abrahamic Covenant:
It may come as a surprise to realize that Abraham was a Gentile when this covenant was first made. It first occurs in Genesis Chapter 12 and includes seven “I Wills”:
1) And I will make of thee a great nation,
2) and I will bless thee,
3) and make thy name great; 4) and thou shalt be a blessing:
5) And I will bless them that bless thee,
6) and curse him that curseth thee:
7) and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Genesis 12:2-3

From these “Seven I Wills” flow God’s entire plan for all of mankind—including you and me! All other covenants build on this one. Items 5 and 6 are also the basis for the “Sheep and Goat Judgment” of the nations in Matthew 25:31-46, which closes the “times of the Gentiles.” God foreknew Satan’s anti-Semitism. All history is patterned and destined after this reality (cf. Zech 2:8).
HaMeshiach, Jesus the Messiah.
Item 7 is alluded to by Christ when He was talking with the woman at the well in Samaria, when He declared, “Salvation is of the Jews.” There is no other such promise to any other people!
So how do we get our benefit from this covenant? We rely entirely on our derivative benefit from the Root of David, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Jesus Christ the Messiah.
This covenant was expressly declared eternal, and is therefore unconditional. Further-more, it was reconfirmed by an oath! In Genesis 15:6-21
The New Testament also declares the Abrahamic Covenant to be immutable and unchangeable.
Another reason we need to be clear on this covenant is the irrevocability of God’s commitments in these covenants and the false teaching that has permeated many of the modern churches. There is a view that Israel “forfeited her promises” by rejecting her Messiah, and that these promises now devolve some-
how symbolically, or allegorically, upon the Church.This is the very heresy which led to the Holocaust, and the rise of this same heresy again in these days will lead to the next one. And the next one will be far more severe than even the previous disaster.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1king2rulethemall

The Bible answers this exact "excuse" directly and unquestionably.

ROMANS 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
2 Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.
2 We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things.
3 Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?
4 Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?
5 But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.
6 He will render to each one according to his works: 7 to those who obey patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; 8 but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.
9 There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, tthe Jew first and also the Greek.
11 For God shows no partiality.

Yeah...glad to see you have an original thought...anyway...
...what you have quoted of mine, actually relates to the name Jesus...this is what was being discussed...

If you read and interpret holy books the way you have misinterpreted, and misrepresented the context of what was actually being discussed...my point is made in spades...

A99

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join