It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Courts of Hell

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

"Okay, start at the local level, see if the DA will prosecute soldiers returning from war? Or prosecute policemen for shooting and killing suspects who point and fire weapons at them?"

It would be PF(Procurator Fiscal) were i come from, PF is a goverment official, goverment is as bent as a £3 note and initiates War in the first place! So i dont see any joy there.

Policemen shoot people for a whole lot less than fireing weapons at them these days!

If God would do us the honour of turning up to fix the mess that he/she created in the first place then that would sort the problem eh?
edit on 7-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

The "mess" we are in is a direct result of us NOT following what God said.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

"The "mess" we are in is a direct result of us NOT following what God said."

Well quite a few world leaders have justified their actions by proclaiming we do this or that in gods name. Winston Churchill, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, John F Kennedy, George Bush spring to mind and thats just our lot. Supposedly they are doing gods will since the Vatican certainly seems to sanction their actions, and remember "As above so below". Then you have the crazy ayatollahs screeming Gehad and all in Gods name. Just a thought!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

How is that God's fault?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

""As above so below". Is this not a basic tenet given to us from Jesus? Thats why its Gods fault.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

""As above so below". Is this not a basic tenet given to us from Jesus? Thats why its Gods fault.

I believe you're talking about the "Lord's Prayer", but you're taking that sentence completely out of context. Christ was telling His disciples to pray for the Kingdom to come to Earth (2nd Advent) so that God's will would be done like it is in heaven. The unstated implication is, God's will at all times, no sin.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

"I believe you're talking about the "Lord's Prayer", but you're taking that sentence completely out of context."

Thats the problem with the bible and organised religion through, there are so many contexts, sub contexts and hidden meanings contained withinn that it can be interpreted in many different manners!

To me "As above so below" means that the laws on earth are the same as the laws in heaven, since Gods the head honcho balain has to be at his feet. IMHO of couse!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Trouble arises when biblical hermeneutics are ignored. Rule #1 is always take into account historical and cultural contexts. Also quite important is the "golden rule" of Biblical interpretation" have you ever heard of it before?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ben, plant the seed and move on. I was a nonbeliever for most of my life and people like you tried over and over to show me the Truth... but it annoyed me. When the devil has his grip on your mind and soul, it's a tight grip. All these negative people are just throwing arrows your way. They aren't being fair and asking, what IF Ben is right? No, they jump on here and make clearly uninformed posts, usually full of ad hominem attacks towards you, God, Jesus... and attacks on the Bible, Christianity, etc.
I came to the truth by God. HE literally startled me awake... when not a single person at that point in my life was trying. THAT'S what it took.

"In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." (2 Corinthians 4:4)

the god (little g) of this world being lucifer... all the negativity and disbelief has a source. lucifer is the prince of this world.

the truth will come out. Don't fret if so and so laughs at you and reject you... they will one day (soon) see what's what. And you've done your job in planting the seed. Once it's planted, it's there forever and they will have to answer before the throne for their disbelief.

Rejoice when they attack you. You're doing something right.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

War is not murder, murder is the premeditated slaying of an innocent unarmed person. In armed conflict when the other soldier is trying to kill you it's not a situation of murder.

Splitting hairs much?

Procedurally flawed in the extreme...

A99

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The continued, infantile notion that we are given one chance, and one chance only - regardless of geographical location, regardless of IQ, regardless of...(insert obvious relevant inconsistency)...is what originally created the concept of hell...

A 'Loving God' would not do this - to argue the opposite, regardless of hair splitting, is an exercise in interpretation beyond the pale...

Hell is a construct based wholly on the precept of FREE WILL, and the procedural machinations that 'drive' the 'creation' process to its end...the notion and all its associated drama, is produced by the auspices of FREE WILL, lovingly given by a Loving God...what you do with it, and how long it takes for you to work this out...is your business...(one of the reasons we are 'separately consciousnessed')...otherwise, there would be no need for personal responsibility, and we would be living in a non-FREE WILL 'drama' - which we are patently NOT...

Men and women through history have perpetrated the most horrific things possible, on other humans...why does God not do something about this, straight away...before it happens?...being omnipresent, omniscient etc...would be a cinch...lets be clear...God created everything...the so-called devil and his 'lair' are creations of God...making much sense at all?

Jesus, like all prophets...was a messenger to 'in...carnated' souls, to re-point in the right direction...clearly, not all humans on the face of the planet are able to recieve this direction at once...~enter~ multiple lifetimes...anything else does not make procedural sense...an intelligent God DOES MAKE SENSE...

All this talk of hell and brimstone is an abnegation of personal responsibility on a soul level which is making Jesus and God weep...

A99

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

We aren't given once chance, we're given a lifetime of chances.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

...and what if you dont happen to have ever heard, cannot understand, are mildly or profoundly retarded, brought up in the wrong religion...etc, etc, etc...

Does NOT make procedural sense, whatever poetic way you describe it...simply relegates those who do not know (and could not know - because of obvious inconsistent circumstances) to some imaginary locum...a locum, I grant you, exists in the FREE WILL minds of humans, and always has...for the reasons I have explained...

A99
edit on 9-9-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

You cannot choose when God wakes up.
God will awaken when he does and not until. It will look and feel like hell until the awakening happens.
edit on 9-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

What 'chance' does the illegitimate 12 year old daughter of a goatherder in the echoing valleys of some distant village somewhere in who-knows-where, have of recieving 'the message'...?

Doesn't sound like much of a chance to me...in fact, does NOT make very much sense at all...GOD DOES MAKE SENSE...you do know this, don't you?

A99

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

You cannot choose when God wakes up.
God will awaken when he does and not until. It will look and feel like hell until the awakening happens.

Perhaps to you my, friend...

I am definitely not in hell...and we are therefore not in the same locum...go figure...

A99

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I am not in hell. I am in heaven watching.
God has awoken.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I am not in hell. I am in heaven watching.

Then we are indeed in the same place...

A99

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The placeless place of nowhere.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The placeless place of nowhere.

The very same 'locum'...