It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Courts of Hell

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Those before Christ looked forward to His coming, just in the same manner we look back to Calvary. Before Christ Sheol/Hades had two sections, "torments" and "paradise/Abraham's bosom", the unrighteous wicked were in torments, and the righteous just were in paradise. Because Christ had not yet come and atoned for man's sin no man could be in Heaven in the presence of God. That's why when Christ was here before His death He said no man had been to heaven except the Son of Man who descended from heaven. When Christ resurrected and ascended to the Father He led those souls in Paradise with Him to heaven, redemption had been made at that point. Now when the redeemed perish they go to be with the Lord.

And we are created in God's image, we are 3 part creatures. We are made of body, soul, and spirit.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Seems to me organised religion is nothing more than a control construct, created by TPTB to further there agendy of total control of our free will, thought control in essence!

They only part that comes to mind that i place any stock in is

"The Kingdom of God is inside you and all around you. Not in buildings of wood and stone. Lift a stone and you will find me. Split a piece of wood and I am there."

I find wisdom in the above statement, the rest is great space opera all the same. I wonder if a previous incarnation of Mr Lucas had a hand in the good book???

edit on 7-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Please watch this video,

It explains it well.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

Thanks Rambo the dude in the vid put it a "Hell" of a lot better than i ever could!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

What gives you the impression in advocating organized religion? Have you looked at my sig? I'm trying to explain redemption, not religion. Christ mocked the religious people of His time for being devoted to their religion and missing Him in the process. God desires relationship, not religion. Pure an undefiled religion according to Christ is to care for the widows and orphans in their need. And that quote is not from Christ, that's from a Gnostic text.

edit on 7-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

"What gives you the impression in advocating organized religion?"

The fact that you were using quit a few passages from the bible gave me the impression you were advocating organized religion. Guess i got you wrong? Ma bad.

In my opinion God is good but Mans interpretation of his wishes(organised religion) is corrupt and just plain mind control!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Did you watch Rambos vid? It raises some important questions, does it not?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

Did you watch Rambos vid? It raises some important questions, does it not?

Didn't watch it, but most of the time people are arguing irrelevant points. Hell is eternal separation from God. Also people generally claim that it's an infinite punishment for finite sins, but that as well is irrelevant because it's the severity of the sin that is punished, not the length of time it takes to commit the sin. Example would be on Earth we sentence people to life in prison for murder when the murder might have only taken 5 seconds to commit. The punishment fits the severity of the crime.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What about soilders killing each other in the name of God/Allah do they goto hell for Murdering each other?

What about the Holy Crusades, did the Knights and Christian armys goto hell for the murder, enslavement and destruction of the infidels culture and society?

All these atrocitys commited in the name of God?

Anybody else seeing a double standard here?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

"What gives you the impression in advocating organized religion?"

The fact that you were using quit a few passages from the bible gave me the impression you were advocating organized religion. Guess i got you wrong? Ma bad.

In my opinion God is good but Mans interpretation of his wishes(organised religion) is corrupt and just plain mind control!

Just because I'm talking about the Bible or Christ doesn't mean I'm advocating organized religion. Check out the video in my sig to understand the fundamental difference between religion and redemption.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What about soilders killing each other in the name of God/Allah do they goto hell for Murdering each other?

War isn't "murder" per se. It's self-defense. I was a veteran, and when in war the other side is trying their best to kill you. All murder is killing, however not every killing is murder.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

If God demands perfection and man is imperfect, there needs to be a redeemer and a plan to rectify our condition of condemnation before God.
That's your claim, not mine, which you support by taking a verse completely out of context and inserting it into another context and then interpret it as if it really belonged there.
So I do not have to solve this conundrum that only exists in your own mind caused by faulty reasoning.
edit on 7-9-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

War is murder in the name of our nation and of our God. Dont see any other way you can butter this. Every war throughout history has had religious connotations. If im wrong tell me how please?

Im not taking anything away from our old soilders, my grandfather fought in WW2, my father in Vietnam and even they relise war is hell and accomplishes very little in the end!

War is Evil, Evil is wrong there for War in the name of God is wrong! Now how can something in the name of the holy father be wrong?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

It's not out of context, it's being precise. The man asked Christ what he (the man) had to do to inherit eternal life.

The answer is to be perfect. No man other than the Son of God has lived a perfect life, praise the Lord He offers redemption.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

War is not murder, murder is the premeditated slaying of an innocent unarmed person. In armed conflict when the other soldier is trying to kill you it's not a situation of murder.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Do you believe that being a Christian saves you

Negative, believing in and following Christ does.

but no matter how good anyone else is and how loving if they don't believe in your "god" they go to hell for all eternity.

Not for me to judge.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

"War is not murder, murder is the premeditated slaying of an innocent unarmed person. In armed conflict when the other soldier is trying to kill you it's not a situation of murder. "

Wars are generally premeditated. People kill other people, and generally to a plan,how is this not murder? Were the people of Nagasaki and Hiroshima directly trying to kill anyone when the U.S B-25 dropped the bomb?

Wars are perpetrated in the name of our nation and of our God, its sanctioned genocide for "Gods" sake. And thats got to be bad! Hence gain you/us admission to hell, and all in the name of God!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Alright, well see if you can petition the UN to get the Geneva Coventions articles changed to make killing during armed conflicts punishable under murder. That would probably be the way to go I'd imagine.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

"Alright, well see if you can petition the UN to get the Geneva Coventions articles changed to make killing during armed conflicts punishable under murder. That would probably be the way to go I'd imagine."

Yes this would be a great idea if the UN were not Illuminati NWO puppets. No more Wars got to be the way forward IMHO!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Okay, start at the local level, see if the DA will prosecute soldiers returning from war? Or prosecute policemen for shooting and killing suspects who point and fire weapons at them?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join