It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats set to move Obama's big speech from 74,000-seater outdoor stadium to 20,000-seater indoor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Democrats are poised to avoid the danger of President Barack Obama accepting his party’s nomination before a partially-empty stadium by shifting his speech to an indoor arena and citing ‘severe weather’.

I don't mind the move to a small stadium but to already have come up with the lie of 'severe weather' is another thing.

The Obama campaign have been working desperately to ensure that the 74,000-seater Bank of America stadium in Charlotte would be filled.

Quite surprising that hope and change alone would not fill the stadium... I'm still surprised that with all the things that both political parties do, the American people can't open their eyes.

Dem ocrats Downsizing

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Forecast

Currently a 60% chance of rain there most of the week, I would move the convention indoors too.

edit on 4-9-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elton
Forecast

Currently a 60% chance of rain there most of the week, I would move the convention indoors too.

edit on 4-9-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

Thursday evening is 30%. DNC attendees would be scoffed at by Greenbay Packer fans. I think its the "empty chair" thingy thats got way under the skin.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Free Ticket Line in Charlotte

That was the first day.
By 5pm the next day, all the tickets were handed out, according to this article.

While the official word is mum other than 'tens of thousands' were to be available, the charlottesgotalot.com web page for the DNC has an attendance of "30,000-35,000 (including an expected 15,000 media)" posted which might be more about hotel rooms rather than actual seats filled.

And...evidently...the rain is a reality rather than a rumor:
ABC News.

new topics

top topics

join