It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats set to move Obama's big speech from 74,000-seater outdoor stadium to 20,000-seater indoor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yup, I think Clint Eastwood got underneath their skin.

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
They should invite Clint! He will entertain their empty chairs.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
reply to post by loam

Its the severe weather, cough cough doncha know!

Seems the Messianic draw has withered much like outsized Mt. Rushmore sand sculptures.

No worries TV camera trickery will fix all!

Funniest comment of the day, "You didn't fill that"

edit on 4-9-2012 by Phoenix because: add comment

That's what you get when you remove - GOD - from the democrat platform!

Sandra Fluke had a spectacular performance! At the end of her speech 150,000 red, white

& blue condoms fell from the ceiling !

Free birth control for Sandra !

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
We also have to remember that they pay these people to go and fill up the arena, or they bus in government union workers. It's all staged. But this time they couldn't find the fainting women or the children screaming " Obama ! Obama ! Obama ! " How did they think people would react to being told they belong to the government, higher taxes are your duty, you didn't build that, and so on.

The shine is gone. The days of yes we can are replaced by " I sincerely doubt it." or " No we can't."

But he still thinks he is the Christ, you can see it for yourself on the DNC literature. Only he shunned the Judeo-Christian God for allah. There will still be a two hour Juma at the DNC this year. " Isn't that wonderful !? "

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This same news article is the topic of a similiar thread in the Political Madness forum.

I posted there last night (and had a weird few twilight-zone moments reading this thread before realizing there were TWO with the same title!
) and so I'm just pasting that same reply here as my participation:

Originally posted by queenannie38
Free Ticket Line in Charlotte

That was the first day.
By 5pm the next day, all the tickets were handed out, according to this article.

While the official word is mum other than 'tens of thousands' were to be available, the charlottesgotalot.com web page for the DNC has an attendance of "30,000-35,000 (including an expected 15,000 media)" posted which might be more about hotel rooms rather than actual seats filled.

And...evidently...the rain is a reality rather than a rumor:
ABC News.

A couple of comments relevant and original to this thread...I don't think the intention was ever to actually fill all 74,000 seats...tickets were free and if there is any question of ID's at the gate...which I have not verified myself, or not other than noticing that the tickets had to be activated on line, I think...it seems to have to do with concerns over some non-official scalping type activity going on...some people selling their free tickets due to demand, etc., and therefore there is a big risk of not being let in to the convention if a ticket is identified as one that was illegally sold outside of the DNC's authority.

And as far as the Hurricane envy is concerned...this is the same storm system that birthed Isaac down in the gulf and Florida last week.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

We also have to remember that they pay these people to go and fill up the arena, or they bus in government union workers. It's all staged. But this time they couldn't find the fainting women or the children screaming " Obama ! Obama ! Obama ! " How did they think people would react to being told they belong to the government, higher taxes are your duty, you didn't build that, and so on.

I take it you didn't watch any of the actual coverage yet?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by Fromabove

I take it you didn't watch any of the actual coverage yet?

Yeah, I saw it. Government is God and we should serve it. Abortion abortion abortion, I like homosexual weddings, Jerusalem is not the Israeli capital. Barack, the messiah, loves everybody, and there will be an islamic Juma celebration for two hours at the DNC, and God is not welcome. Oh, and did I mention that we all belong to the government, and no, you didn't build that. Yeah, I heard what they said, and I don't much like it at all.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Oh, I see. You didn't watch it, after all.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I guess we'll see what happens.

Well, we got our answer.

DNC 2012: Obama’s crowd downsized by 50K

The audience for President Barack Obama’s convention speech just got a lot smaller - and Republicans think they know why.

The Democrats’ decision Wednesday to move Obama’s acceptance address from the outdoor Bank of America Stadium to the indoor Time Warner Cable Arena means about 50,000 fewer people will be able to see the speech in person.

Democrats said the move was due to weather and safety concerns: The Weather Channel is predicting a 30 percent chance of rain on Thursday night, with isolated thunderstorms.

But conservatives pounced, asserting the move had nothing to do with the weather and everything to do with Obama’s inability to fill Bank of America Stadium. The stadium, the home of the Carolina Panthers, has 73,778 seats. The arena, where the rest of the Democratic National Convention is taking place, has a maximum capacity of 20,200.

As expected.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Neither of those sources suggest (as the daily mail article does) that the Dems are considering "using" the storm as an excuse to move inside because they couldn't fill the stadium.

Guess the 'rag' was right.

edit on 6-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks Loam. The other problem not being addressed, is that, all the transportation schedules for getting people to the Time Warner convention center, now have to be rerouted. I read an article, sorry can't remember where, every single aspect of routing now needs to be redone. Including police, secret service and delegates, not even factoring in the general public, it all needs to be redone. That there wasn't a committee established to deal with this possibility. In other words...a major cluster-you-know- what. This rash, last minute decision, was made solely on concerns, of how it would look on MSM, having POTUS making his big speech to a sparsely filled BofA stadium. Would be interesting to see the outcome from behind the scenes.

Des

edit on 6-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

They've done quite a few rash things in the last few days.

Have you read about the whole "God" and Jerusalem fiasco?

The Democrats are doing a much better job of hurting themselves than the Republicans have.

Very odd.
edit on 6-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is what I heard, one problem was they didn't want to give the bus companies the money up front to bus the people in, the companies refused to let them charge it,
just what I heard,

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I heard an analyst say yesterday it could also be a "branding" issue. Which with the protests and that big BOA hovering over the event, would also make since.

Here is an ABC article from September 4, so not what I heard yesterday but still brings up the "issue":

The juxtaposition of Bank of America and Obama's nomination -- more coincidence than choice -- may be awkward for Democrats, who have seemed eager to distance themselves from the ties during their big convention week.

Several early, official, DNC-related communications referred to the final night's venue as "Panther's Stadium," suggesting an attempt to drop the Bank of America reference -- a motive Democratic officials have denied.

Of course, it was spun later on in the article as symbolic victory:

The association of Obama with Bank of America could also prove to be an opportunity for the president to bask -- even if indirectly -- in his success at wrangling with the big banks.

Also this jumped out at me:

"By holding the final night of our convention at Bank of America stadium, tens of thousands more Americans will be able to attend and be engaged in our convention," she said. "That stands in stark contrast to the Republican convention in Tampa, where there were no opportunities for the public to attend convention proceedings."

The networks are a little peeved at the move.

While network crews are happy that they don't have to move more equipment to the stadium, the principals are upset by the Democrats' decision to hold the event outdoors in the first place.

Sources at the networks would not confirm the exact amount they had invested in setting up at the stadium, but confirmed it was a hefty six figures.

politico.com

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It was a success.

Smaller arena, no biggee.

So many people are into social networking these days and watched on television.
The DNC had more than double the amount of Twitter responses of the RNC.
This either says that
A. More Americans watched the DNC and became excited
Or
B. Old white guys don't use Twitter.

Im inclined to think it was a combination of both.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Destinyone

They've done quite a few rash things in the last few days.

Have you read about the whole "God" and Jerusalem fiasco?

The Democrats are doing a much better job of hurting themselves than the Republicans have.

Very odd.

Oh yes, have been posting in that thread too. Did you see last night, Where Hannity had a clear photo of the teleprompter from the God-in-God-out, vote that took place at the convention. It shows that the wording and vote decision was premeditated. Here's the link to photo Hannity showed on his program last night. (credit to member flyersfan)

Photo proves DNC 'vote' was predetermined

Take a look at what Hannity found ... that vote that was taken to put God and Jerusalem back in the platform was predetermined. It was obvious to us all who were watching that the 'NO' votes were much louder, and yet the speaker said he determined the 'YES" votes to be at least 2/3 of the votes. BS!! The teleprompter shows it all ... all to be predetermined.

The vote was a lie. Yet another lie put out by the convention.

www.therightscoop.com...

The MSM is already running with the story of *God Was Boo'd on the Dem convention floor*....

Des

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
This is what I heard, one problem was they didn't want to give the bus companies the money up front to bus the people in, the companies refused to let them charge it,
just what I heard,

That's cause Obama doesn't pay his bills.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think it would be hilarious if only a few hundred people showed up. But then again, the MSM would make it look like a full venue somehow with their camerawork.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join