It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello..my name is ..and I am addicted to reading banned books...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Howdy ATS members,

I am from the United States. I lived in a handful of states throughout my life and have not yet seen any other part of the world except by photos or video. I started using the internet just before windows came out (when we had to type out the whole address), and I am addicting to finding and accessing information I am interested in. I have always been a curious person and come from a family line of biologists, so I guess that has something to do with my strong desire to learn and understand.

I have interest in child development, the life-cycle, education, psychology, neuroscience (basically anything to do with the brain), and so on...I like to try to figure things out..ok I need to rephrase that...I like to experiment to better understand things. I started experimenting before I knew how to conduct a proper experiment..."fun times". I had an obsession with studying college texts and other people's dissertations for as long as I can remember. I am a born resister, just so you know.

Yes, I am a kook... My friends liked to refer to me as the nutty professor. I had a pretty serious head injury in 2002 and I am now more of a scatterbrain. I immediately lost hearing in one ear, short term memory and I experience what I like to refer as a "misfire", I will get confused and do things like try to input computer commands in the TV remote control just for a second..I immediately recognize it isn't doing what I want and stop. I hope this doesn't scare anyone.... I have improved but, it doesn't look like I will ever be the same. I think the most dangerous thing I have done is express my opinion on a matter (so relax jiggerj, please don't turn me into the gestapo...(joke..no serious '
'). If you catch me having a "misfire" be cool and let me know OK... I have been pretty good at avoiding a misfire but, if I am in a hurry or got something else on my mind it can happen.

Now that I got that out of the way, I have been reading a lot of stuff in the various forums and wow, some stuff is way over my head and a lot of stuff just down-right interesting. I wish I discovered this website years ago, I love to read and talk about curious stuff without being censored by topic. I look forward to meeting many of you in the forums. Peace to you and yours.

edit on 4-9-2012 by OldSchoolMom because: spelling/grammer

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OldSchoolMom

Welcome to the ATS Family.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, most here are welcoming, some are hostile sometimes, but for the most part I feel we are all a bunch of scatter brains trying to piece together a sembelance of what constitues reality, then take from it what we can. I hope you enjoy your stay and can take from the site the knowledge others provide.

Welcome

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Welcome to the forums, many happy hours of reading here! There are a few taboo subjects, a Mod will be along shortly to let you know the P's and Q's. Enjoy the place!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Welcome to the ATS dysfunctional Family.....we're all alike in many ways. Hope you feel at home here...

See ya in the forums....

Des

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Welcome, as Iamschist hinted be careful what you say here or you could be banned like the books you read. Otherwise we are all one big happy family here, right guys..?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Welcome and enjoy your stay. This place is quite like the Hotel California, you can check out, but you cant leave

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
OldSchoolMom
"I had a pretty serious head injury in 2002 and I am now more of a scatterbrain. I immediately lost hearing in one ear, short term memory and I experience what I like to refer as a "misfire", I will get confused and do things like try to input computer commands in the TV remote control just for a second..I immediately recognize it isn't doing what I want and stop. I hope this doesn't scare anyone.... I have improved but, it doesn't look like I will ever be the same."

I also had a traumatic brain injury in 2005. You cannot use your head for a roll bar on a car. I try to use the tv remote for a phone and vice versa. Am deaf in the left ear from it and sometimes food can taste like a color. Take meds to control my emotions, sad, mad, happy. horny and so on. Without meds my emotions runaway to the point of inappropriate behavior. Oh the worst thing of all is i cannot separate my dreams from reality for awhile after waking up. Not fun for anyone who knows me.
edit on 4-9-2012 by 1pirate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
We're not disfunctional. Just bad.

Did you bring cookies?

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
Welcome to ATS, most here are welcoming, some are hostile sometimes,

SaneThinking

What do you mean some of us are hostile? You better take that back before I kick your Arse!

LOL

Welcome, this should be an interesting place to lose a few hundred hours of yourself in (

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Welcome to the family!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

sorry didn't mean to offend only speaking from what I have seen but overall this place is awesome and open to all new members, arse kicking taken I will reframe from labeling anyone hostile ever again

LOL

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Howdy Opinionated, SaneThinking, Des, 1pirate, eazyriderl_l, beezzer, lordpiney, Iamschist, and Mamatus,

Wow, thanks for such a warm welcome.. You all rock!! Oh yeah, Bezzer... of course I brought warm and tasty cookies *passes out yummy cookies. eazyriderl_l, I cannot get that song out of my head now lol thank you.

I hope its cool with you all if I add you as friends, it will help me remember your names and get to know you a bit better. See ya all in the forums...

edit on 4-9-2012 by OldSchoolMom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Things you say give me the impression that you are a very intellectual and aware person. It's good to see.

What are some of your favorite banned books or taboo readings?

I'm in Canada and there is some mystery iniitiative that has made it very difficult to get books of certain topics across the border. Sometimes people get inquiring visits from federal agencies when they order such books. Rifle restoration, personal defense tactics, lock picking and other prepper related books of this nature are listed as indefinatly unavailable at Chapters. I've inquired many times but nobody can tell me why they will not order these books for customers despite bieng listed in their online catalog. Paladin Press books are famous for this issue.

Welcome to ATS. Hope you find it as intriguing as I have.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Of course its fine for you to add me as a freind! Hope to see you around the forums!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldSchoolMom
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Howdy Opinionated, SaneThinking, Des, 1pirate, eazyriderl_l, beezzer, lordpiney, Iamschist, and Mamatus,

Wow, thanks for such a warm welcome.. You all rock!! Oh yeah, Bezzer... of course I brought warm and tasty cookies *passes out yummy cookies. eazyriderl_l, I cannot get that song out of my head now lol thank you.

I hope its cool with you all if I add you as friends, it will help me remember your names and get to know you a bit better. See ya all in the forums...

edit on 4-9-2012 by OldSchoolMom because: (no reason given)

You rock, ninja lady.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
(Johnny rolls out the Welcome Wagon Buffet Cart, cues the music to be played for the 25 Cent Tour)

Welcome OldSchoolMom

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from & to add your thoughts to right now. Once you have achieved a minimum of 20 post replies, you'll be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Welcome OldSchoolMom, this is a very addictive place. I don't post much, but I look over the threads every day. You never know what you might find. Have fun!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

We are Rigel4...... We don't bring cookies or warm milk for we
do not need such puny food.

We only devour Flesh on our way to a higher plain.

Enjoy the ride on this depraved train wreck.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join