It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shutdown the Matrix?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
www.petitiononline.com...
www.pointlesswasteoftime.com...

The pages are written by a Dr. Albert Oxford, who really doesn't like The Matrix. Goes to the extremes of saying the movie is Racist, casue they cut Aliyah, and the upgrades are bleach White...The list goes on. I found it humours at first, but then it got kinda disturbing.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The second link didnt work. Could you please post some of his reasons in detail?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Definitely does work but as a taster heres the first reason,

The Matrix Murders

The first film killed 13 students at Columbine High School, the disturbed trench-coated teens imitating the pipe-bombing, shotgunning film's finale. How many troubled teens are out there Reloading with the release of the sequel?

In fact, the only reason the U.S. Attorney General did not press murder charges against the filmmakers is because the movie was shot in Australia, giving it diplomatic immunity.

The rest are all of top quality like this.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Definitley does not work for me. Keep in mind that Im on a sh!tty school computer. But the acts of a few drug addicted, psychotic kids should not be a burden for film makers to bear.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
and my favorite

Keanu Bin Ladin, 3

Speaking of terrorism, could not a film as toxic to the minds of its audience such as this be labelled a Weapon of Mass Destruction? The number of Kurds Saddam Hussein poisoned with his nerve gas is miniscule when compared to the number of brains that have been poisoned by The Matrix. Where is the U.S. military in this situation?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA!!! Wow, this guy is a true attention seeker. Does he really think that he can ban such a profitable franchise?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
EDIT

Nans... you should know better than to cut & paste content from other websites:

www.pointlesswasteoftime.com...

In the future, similar posts will be deleted without warning.

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by William]

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I had a good laught with those 50 reasons, what a BS!!

Matrix, is a paradox of reality, it looks extreme, but reality is even worst...

They guy Albert Oxford has nothing better to do than critizice a critic of society, if he doesn�t like matrix, then can someone explain if this guy likes to live???
really interesting that one of the few films that are showing how do we live so lied, so unaware, and it get�s that kind of comments, this guy has nothing better to do really. I�d like to see his opinion of fight club as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Wow, this guy needs to get laid methinks. Seriously though, that guy is speaking out of his a ss, How would the upgrades be racist because they are white if they are the bad guys? Neo is White... Morpheus is black.. so wth? I fail to see the racism...

I can't wait til the 15th

We have some questions for you Mr. Anderson.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Maybe Aaliyah was dropped from the films because she DIED!

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I would imagine Fight Club gets him all "hot and bothered"

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ill be buying a few tickets in advance

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Why not RAMBO, BATMAN or X-MEN ?
Because Keanu REEVES is gay ?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
"If you fail to sign the petition you are an accomplice to murder" what is this guy on?

"Aaliyah and Gloria Foster were unceremonially dropped after shooting some scenes for the sequel. What's wrong, guys? They didn't test well with the predominantly white Matrix audiences?"

"Neither actress could be reached for comment"

Well thing is, they're both dead... kind of makes it hard to film anymore scenes never mind contact them. Maybe he didn't notice laurence fishbourne or the other girl (forget her name) who's in the next film.

People like this pop up all time usually from one kind of fundamentalist position or another. Loads of films have been vilified thoughout cinema history. Remember the 'outrage' over Monty python�s life of Brian? In a few years it just looks ridiculous, backward, and kind of embarrassing.

Trying to blame the movie for columbine is just sad. They wore black coats and.. Well that�s it.

Blame music, blame films, blame t.v.
blame anyone but me...

Groan... he then goes on to pick fault with the physics of the film "flying at that speed would rip your genitals off.."

Oh well done Mr PhD.

ITS A FILM!!!!

Take it he wasn't into superman or starwars then.. What a tube. Why am I wasting time on this anyway.

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by kegs]

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Maybe he is jealous because he didn't think of this idea first?

I preordered the video game for ps2 already and for the pc

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Oh No It's TRUE... Movies and TV shows control our mind...

California, April 28 2003: Supporters of the Ban the Teletubbies got a giant amount of help today.
It was confirmed that TV does control our minds, when a six year old child was rushed to the emergency room after making several large cuts into in abdomen with a butter knife.
Upon questioning the little boy, investigators were shocked to find that he was trying to place a 5 inch television into his stomach. His reason for doing this to himself was that he wanted to be like the Teletubbies.

hahaha, Ok in case you thought this was a real story, It's not. I just made it up because it sounded a lot like what "Dr. Albert Oxford" wants us to believe.
P.S. I would be willing that the name is made up, no such Dr. Albert Oxford.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Laurence Fishburne and Jada Pinket-Smith are both in the movie, Tank didn't look exactly white prodestant male to me either..

lol this guy is just bitchin' to bitch.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
"several large cuts into in abdomen with a butter knife. "

Thats one effin-sharp butter knife!

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I cant believe this guy wasted his time actually typing all that up...someone needs to get a life.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I would imagine Fight Club gets him all "hot and bothered"

Yeahh he would say that there is no black ppl on fight club (at least not enough) and that is racist, or that there is too much violence....
Come on get real, if this guy wants really to stop movies that are unfair, racist or unreal he should have taken 932492384092384 movies before this one...

There is a lot of stupid, non sense movies.... and he has to choose one of the few with senses... What an asshole!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join