It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The need for darkness and The game of life (so, evident in the universe)...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Think of a flower. The flower is put into the darkness of the dirt and then it grows into the light, but without the darkness, there is no reason for the flower to grow upward towards the light. It is the darkness which helps it grow.

Without pain and viruses, the body has no reason to become stronger...
Without confusion, there is no reason to learn...

The universe is expanding...

Too much darkness will destroy everything, like the flower which crumbs from lack of sunlight.

Too little darkness will stagnant everything, the flower will have no reason to grow because the light is already all around.

It is the balance of the light and darkness which keeps it growing larger and stronger...

Complete light is stagnation...
Complete darkness is death...

This is just something that I thought of while thinking of the nature of life and plant life...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Think of a flower. The flower is put into the darkness of the dirt and then it grows into the light, but without the darkness, there is no reason for the flower to grow upward towards the light. It is the darkness which helps it grow.

Without pain and viruses, the body has no reason to become stronger...
Without confusion, there is no reason to learn...

The universe is expanding...

Too much darkness will destroy everything, like the flower which crumbs from lack of sunlight.

Too little darkness will stagnant everything, the flower will have no reason to grow because the light is already all around.

It is the balance of the light and darkness which keeps it growing larger and stronger...

Complete light is stagnation...
Complete darkness is death...

This is just something that I thought of while thinking of the nature of life and plant life...

Not to nit pick... but you're wrong.

Plants don't need darkness to grow.

Darkness is what generally initiates flowering... aka shorter periods of light from summer to fall...

Every species is different... (moral of the story)

Some flowers rise out of the muck, grow in complete shade and others grow in all light.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Check out this organization please if you feel as I do, that darkness is very important and we must have a night.

www.darksky.org...

www.blue-marble.de...

here you can see what the Earth appears like at "night"
edit on 4-9-2012 by jeantherapy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

Yes the above comment is right, there are extreme cases for all life. However opposites do define each-other. One gives meaning to the other. Light to dark, good and bad, right and wrong. Without opposites everything would be meaningless neutrality.
edit on 4-9-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

After thinking about it and applying it to History + the bible + whatever else we "know", this actually makes complete sense.

And I've always known that the things that make the best sense are often the most simple things.

Good job.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Darkness is isolation. We won't need to eat other animals forever. One day, we will require nothing but love for sustenance. For now, we live a dull, lightless, sleeping life. This dullness is necessary for our progression. Light may be constant, but it brings eternal satisfaction in countless ways.

We need the darkness, but not for always. We need it for now so that we can learn about ourselves. By the dark isolation of ourselves from the rest of the world, we are given the opportunity to learn the ways of the self. We live on a small planet in a massive universe, and somehow we have managed to ignore it. It is because we are conceited. But the light shines too bright to be ignored forever. One day, we will acknowledge the fly as our brother. On that day, we will awaken to a cosmic glory of epic and divine proportions.

The only darkness there is is our inability to look beyond ourselves and appreciate the infinite expanse of existence around us. This is the epitome of ignorance. Every animal here does this. We can't imagine another way. But, I believe this kind of behavior is the exemplification of our youth.

First, we have to appreciate ourselves. That is the lesson. Once the lesson is learned, we can begin to appreciate others. That is what brings Godlike glory. At that point, we realize that the others are the self. The greatest realization one can have is the realization of one's existence as one with all.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree that we are here in these bodies to evolve our souls, but humans are so slow learners its painful to watch.

We think in our incredible arrogance that we are at the peak of evolution, when we are about to become extinct because of our own inability to be caring and loving to the environment that gives us every breath of air.

Again and again we have become extinct, and learned the same lessons over and over again. Last time it was Atlantis.

Perhaps we make it this time guys? Perhaps this time...

edit on 4-9-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yes there needs to be change and so there needs to be a spectrum of pairs of opposites in order to change from one opposite to another. Yin changes to yang eventually.

I dedicate this song to you and your flower, truth-seeker!

edit on 4-9-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by arpgme

The only darkness there is is our inability to look beyond ourselves and appreciate the infinite expanse of existence around us. This is the epitome of ignorance. Every animal here does this. We can't imagine another way. But, I believe this kind of behavior is the exemplification of our youth.

Every animal may do this but they still kill, fight, and eat each other. They do things which most humans would call "evil". So should we also appreciate this darkness? Appreciate that some people are different and don't appreciate (infinite expansive existence)?

Most say "Love all", but then they want to "not love" those who hate and cause harm.

Most say "Accept all", but then they still do not want to accept those who do not accept others...

reply to post by BlueMule

Nice song! I wish more music like this (with instruments instead of computer generated) was more popular! But now I am getting off topic...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So, what you are saying on a literal level is that flowers and plants need the light and dark to grow?

I wouldn't agree that the darkness of the soil helps the flower to grow, but rather the nutrients in the soil help it to grow.

What you are saying in a deeper or spiritual sense is that we need the light and the dark to help us grow spiritually?

I would agree with that, knowledge or experience of the darkness is needed just as much as the knowledge and experience of the light to help us grow spritually.

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

The flowers grow towards the sun
So yes, the darkness is important.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Gnobody

The flowers grow towards the sun
So yes, the darkness is important.

Thanks for clarifying....

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Dark as in night is passive AI coding in the system. Its all a test. And we have AI dark and white squares, in the world, above, and also in our bodies, health/sickness, birth/death.

But doing dark things, ie. hate, anger, greed, selfishness, retaliation, enslaving others, rape, apathy, selfishness is what the school is set up to test.

There is a pass and fail on that.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I had this same realization a few days ago, its funny how more people are starting to notice the same. This is good because by accepting, you are also getting rid of judgement.

However, there is one more thing people do not realize.

Love IS the dark.

Let me explain:

When you take a look at the yin yang, it also represents male and female.

Female=Dark=Emotions=Wisdom
Male=Light=Logic=Knowledge

Both come from the same source. And both share the same illusion of duality.

Remove light and dark and you have 1.= both came from source. because both came from source,duality is actually the veil, the illusion.

Opposites will always need each other to exist. But please do not confuse light and dark with evil acts. The reality is, that separated, light and dark are both the illusions tat causes strife in humanity.
Its like choosing between republicans and democrats.
Ok bad anology, but the point is, separated they both cause harm. United as a whole is when things are the way its originally meant to be.

What you have with separation is chaos..and you know what they say about chaos, order will usually follow up.

United, they are bliss, harmony, balance, love=God

edit on 5-9-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What you say makes perfect sense, but sometimes things can make sense and still be wrong. What I'm saying is, sometimes I think that maybe all this pain and sufferring that is part of life is unnecessary and can be negated. Sometimes I think that the true nature of life could be completely positive, but through distortions and immaturity we experience "bad".

Personally, I would rather live in a world with only happiness all the time and reasons to be happy than in a world where happiness is balanced with sadness. I don't think I would get bored of it.

I think the greatest evil is that which opposes truth- deception. Fear can be put into that category, because a man with fear doesn't want to confront the truth. Hate is evil because the truth is what you hate. Hate comes from the truth not matching your egotistical ideal and your inability to accept truth.

So, since hate exists and fear exists, truth must be that which is positive and lies must be that which is negative. If the observer has fear or hate then the experience is untrue, even if it did happen. Experience requires subject and object. When the subject has removed itself from the experience of the object, then neither the subject nor object are true. So even though you exist, you are not true. In order to be true, the experience requires a subject of openminded reception through selfless appreciation of the object. Through that, the subject and object become one as truth.

When the world has become true, hate will disappear and love will no longer have an equal and opposite object. Negativity is a lie. Existence can't be true if it contains lies.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I think you are right about fear and hate, and I also think you're right about a completely positive world...

but I disagree with this statement:

Existence can't be true if it contains lies.

Existence is everything. Existence is truth and lies. Does truth exist? Yes. It is actuality - what is actually occurring in reality. Do lies exists? Yes, they are ideas of a mind given to another mind for the purpose of deception.

Existence is all there is.

It includes everything which did, does, will, or can exist - so even pain and suffering is a part of existence...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Existence is everything, but not everything is true. Just because something exists doesn't make it true. So a seeker of truth would do well to not be a seeker of existence.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I agree with you completely.

Understanding the basis of existence, I am a seeker of nothing. Everything just exist.
There is no "I" to be a truth seeker, only thoughts of "I am a truth seeker" exists. There is no real "me".
"I" is just a thought...

Thoughts are just happening - coming and going
Emotions are just happening - coming and going
Intentions are just happening - coming and going
The body protecting itself and surviving is just happening.

That which I can witness coming and going is not me... not even this body, not even thought, not even intention, not even emotion, not even desire...

edit on 10-9-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I seek to improve my ability to see the truth. I know that in order to do so, I will have to become less fearful and hateful in life. I know I will have to seek for instances of me being egotistical. So although the truth and everything else will "just happen", there are things that I must seek in order to properly perceive it.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

There is no purpose of existence. Existence just exists. We can say that the purpose of water is to keep us alive - but that is just what we use water for - it just exists.

By looking through existence perspective - you can cut away the human bias and it can help you get closer to truth.

One the one hand, there is no reason to look for "truth" - things are just happening. On the other hand, since things just exist, and we just exist, we can give our own life purposes... what are you wanting to know the truth about by the way (just curious)?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join