It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Obama Set To Bailout Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Obama is set to bailout a significant portion of Egypt's $3.2 Billion debt to the U.S. with a $1 Billon debt-relief package according to the Washington Post from Paul Mirengoff's article "Obama to bail out Egypt."

The President's foreign policy is OK, but why can't he spare some "CHANGE" back home? Most Americans are suffering and don't want to see another bailout.

Obama to bail out Egypt by Paul Mirengoff
www.powerlineblog.com...
edit on 4-9-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Obama is set to bailout a significant portion of Egypt's $3.2 Billion debt to the U.S. with a $1 Billon debt-relief package according to the Washington Post from Paul Mirengoff's article "Obama to bail out Egypt."

The President's foreign policy is flawless, but why can't he spare some "CHANGE" back home? Most Americans are suffering and don't want to see another bailout.

www.powerlineblog.com...

His foreign policy is "flawless"?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Just.....why?

OK Let's follow their reasoning for a minute here.

I'm guessing their view is, Egypt is a friend, Egypt could use the help of a friend. Am I right here?

Now let's go back to something which I think is a bit more fitting: HOW ABOUT THE FRIENDS BACK HOME?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

The President's foreign policy is OK, but why can't he spare some "CHANGE" back home? Most Americans are suffering and don't want to see another bailout.

www.powerlineblog.com...

His foreign policy is "flawless"?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Changed it to OK. You convinced me.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

It would be cheaper if we asked China to bail them out....that way we don't have to pay interest!

Second line...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It'll be cheaper to ship Obama to Egypt so he can be their pharaoh.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

I think he’s been auditioning recently for a Samoan “god” position in Hawaii.

The beaches are nicer so that will keep Michelle off his back.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
crazy stupid.
they are still unstable!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Its either he has no friends back home, or....
Kenya don't need a bail out.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Britain is the same, our Cameron fool in No 10 sends 1 million quid to Muslim states for every £5 the government get in UK tax, when Cameron got in power we were under one trillion quid in dept, it now stands at 3.2 trillion and goes up each month, all the UK is desperate for health care, but we send every penny to terror groups world wide, we cut our forces down to send money to China to build the forces up there, I am sure our leaders take drugs.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This doesn't require Congressional vote?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

As I wipe up the coffee from laughing so hard...........................

He'll give billions overseas debt relief but not a dime to you underwater homeowners, mope and change, there you go.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

And people are trying to blame BUSH for all this money gone awry?! Hahahaha!

You can't save another sinking ship with another sinking ship.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Screwed that! He is going to be awfully broke if he does... We need to force the politicians and the power brokers to pay for this not the poor and struggling American people. This is his slap in the face against anyone who thinks he will not make it to another 4 years.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

RIGHT ON MAN!!! That is the billion dollar post imo! Best response I have ever read!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Its not like we are sending money, we are forgiving debt they would most likely default on anyway.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Correct, because WE ALREADY SENT THE MONEY!! Now we are just saying eh it's ok you don't have to pay us back. If only Visa and Mastercard were so kind.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
crazy stupid.
they are still unstable!!!

And I think we have a winner!

Like it or not, Bush decided that America wasn't unsafe enough after 9/11, so he decided that the best thing to do would be to make a few hundred thousand more enemies.

Now that Bush and Obama (remember, Obama has been assassinating people "suspected" of things in Pakistan for years) have created thousands more enemies, they need to make sure all these powerful nations (and potential Nuclear powers) are on their side.

In the last few days there have been reports that Egypt is looking at resuming nuclear power development, and there has been at least one report that they are one of a group of nations looking at developing their own nuclear weapons program.

This money is a drop in the bucket, but it'll go a long way to showing support and friendship while trying to persuade these nations not to become more unstable with the development of nuclear weapons.

I don't agree with bailing out other nations, but this really is nothing compared to the hole America is in right now. It would be like you lending a neighbor a $1 while still need $1 Trillion to get your own debts under control - it's so small in comparison you might as well not care about it.

I think those screaming about this money going to Egypt and suggesting it could be better used at home are in complete denial about the state of their own national debts. That money would be gone within half a nanosecond in the USA.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
reply to post by MrSpad

Correct, because WE ALREADY SENT THE MONEY!! Now we are just saying eh it's ok you don't have to pay us back. If only Visa and Mastercard were so kind.

Exactly. Some OTHER President sent them the money. We're not bailing-out jack. The reason is (for the dozen or so post-but-don't-read ATSers) is that the new Egyptian President is under alot of pressure to move away from Egypt's traditionally US-friendly posture. That would not be in the best interest of the U.S. so we're essentially attempting to buy friendship and loyalty --- something we've done forever all around the world --- for better or worse.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join