It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Saying I Always Agree. Just That I Understand!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There is a constant influx of incidents that have been discussed here concerning the police and their actions, and I wanted to share a bit of the "other side" of things.

I for one have been through my ups and downs concerning research. There are very few out there that delve into the "darker" side of research and for good reason, it can really mess up your mind.

I would like for just a second for members to think of some of the most sinister things they have read, or saw on video.... now imagine you see it in person!

This IMHO is the life of a police officer.

For every news article we read and are disgusted, there were police officers on the scene and saw that up close. Every child murder, every senseless domestic violence call, and child sexual abuse, there are officers on the scene.

This can and will affect someone, anyone for that matter.

Now imagine that this is your day to day, whether at their precinct or another stories are told, fear is shared, and these officers have guns, radios and fear for their lives on an unbearable basis.

They are in their precincts everyday having their daily roll call, and duties told, as they look into the eyes of their friends and co-workers wondering what crazy person will try to kill them today.

These precincts show videos (btw I think that many times they are forced to see fear mongering videos, which in many cases are detrimental to their actions), and they fear something that even we dont notice at times, and that is that anyone can take their lives at anytime.

Not because all people are criminals, but because they walk directly into the line of fire when they are needed. I am hurt and disappointed in many of the actions of police today, but that is NOT all officers, and for those that are kind, and understand, they are automatically labeled as "the bad guys".

Finally, I believe that if the public was to see, hear, and be in the same room while these officers are being briefed we could see what it is that they are exposed to. This goes to a very high level. The higher ups need trigger happy officers.

This type of fear is rampant in all avenues of life. I'm not saying I always agree.... just that I understand.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I am inclined to agree with you.

However, in my opinion law inforcement has had a shift in paradigm, as discussed in other threads, from the Officers who walked a beat and came to know those they protected, to a highly militaristic, aggressive and incompasionate form of justice in some cases.

I know there are a lot of good cops out there today, however for every good cop that is patient, understanding and caring, their are 5 officers that are of the new aggressive breed.

Dont get me wrong, good or bad cop, I respect them for the job they must perform. The simple thing is, just dont break the law! give them no reason and you will be fine.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I tend to agree with you and the OP. But it is becoming increasingly hard not to break the law. Laws are being added at the cyclic rate. Laws that serve no practical purpose other than to generate revenue for the state.

I've worked with the police many times over my career, and most of them tend to be decent honest people. But it seems that lately even the smallest infractions are being met with unnecessarily overwhelming force.

Just my two cents.

new topics

join