It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last of the Good Presidents?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

I find the above picture very powerful for some reason. JFK had all the right intentions and I would say is a very good pick for one of the last great leaders.

He also had the charisma that appealed to the entire nation. Some of our current leaders just lack any kind of passion and conviction as the old ones did.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Some of our current leaders just lack any kind of passion and conviction as the old ones did.

Often the difference between the real thing and an actor

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Well said and a great analogy related to the theme of my thread

You can tell when a leader has a certain type of personality to effectively lead and appeal to the masses and some obviously dont.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I liked Clinton, not everyone will agree but I'm partial to him for all the charity and whatnot. Not so keen on all the last day pardons.

I've heard a lot of people talk about our system being hijacked around Ronald Reagan as well, I think Nixon probably takes the cake as far doing damage to the country though. Kangaroo has a good point, some of them got lucky and some didn't I suppose depending on what all was going on during their presidency, most of it probably out of their control. We all know how much the media can turn a mole hill into a mountain and visa versa too, in another reality we would have all just plain forgot about watergate. They make whatever they want into a scandal and downplay other things that seem more serious sometimes, I guess depending on who is willing to donate the most or do the biggest favors.

Sorry I'm not as talkative about it as I was the other day MDDoxs. My mind is blank right now about politics, too much thinking about it maybe. In a perfect world, every elected president should be a good one.
edit on 5-9-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm going with Kennedy. He was the last POTUS to be elected by a vote not counted by Diebold and he stood up to many powerful interests. He got us headed for space, and backed the Russians down - against all odds and against the advice of just about everyone around him - knocking down that first domino that, years later, ended with the Berlin Wall coming down. Google his "I am a Berliner" speech and see that he got there decades before Reagan.

And, speaking of Reagan, it somewhat surprises me to see so much adoration of him from the ATS crowd. Trickle down economics, his baby, are the cause of the recession we're currently in. Deregulation failed. Reagan was the man that let the super rich become insanely rich and the powerful to become insanely powerful.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think many of them have good intentions and want to uphold their presented agenda during election process like many other global leaders of the masses . But it seems once they get in something or someone they didn't expect begins to influence them

I could swear Obama turned a peculiar shade of ashen soon after his walk thru of the White House. I'm thinking he suddenly had access to Intel he had never had before and suddenly the reality of the position came more into focus. But that is just speculation on my part.

Anyhow Reagan is still my pick but things really changed a lot after the JFK assassination. It was clear to me and others in my circle that Reagan was surrounded by CFR and was beholden to them.

Reagan had a team looking into the gold standard, stood up to the Russians and demanded the Wall come down.
edit on 5-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Reagan was the GREATEST.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join