It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get on Welfare now! Get a free cell phone, free College education, free food, free medical, free hou

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow, have I been riding the wrong train my whole life. It turns out that I only have another $10,000 left that I can use in financial aid as I am currently working towards my Bachelor's degree, and won't be able to finish because I can't get any loans anymore due to the cap that Obama put on student loans.
However, if you live in a bad part of town-never tried in school, live off the government you can get completely free school!

So what we have here now is most people will only be able to get a couple years worth of College while people on welfare get schooling for free with no loans, and these people can continue on to get their Bachelor's degree. I have always loved school, I enjoy it, I enjoy learning for my career and giving as much back to my community. I am not on welfare, yet I know a few people who are and they are just living it up. I also live near Gary, Indiana. There used to be a huge billboard that read "Welcome to Gary Indiana-Murder Capital of the World".

Now realistically I am going to save my money for a few years and finish without using any loans, hoping for some grants or scholarships. But geeze I want a free cell phone, an Escalade, free food, free medical, and free straight up money too. Don't you think that giving your nation many options to receive better education is a good idea? A smarter nation will improve all of our quality of life and our communities. But no, now we have to thank our government for the lousy ass education they gave us in public schools while they sent their kids to richy schools. So in your face when this nation loses even more of its educated people-it's called brain-drain. In India they have a saying 30=14 that means that if you are speaking with a man that is 30 years old his intelligence level on the world scale is 14 years of age. That's right they think you all are stupid because your education isn't worth squat to the rest of the world. We are just buyers of products-that's what we do. We can't keep our A.D.D. asses away from a television because we work our hands to the bone to buy products that aren't even made in America! Buy American you idiots! That's what creates American jobs-I know sounds a little too hard to understand for the typical politician, but it's true. Since you missed that course on economics in your elementary school because your state didn't have funding I thought I would give you some free education.

I just woke up and received that news from school that I only have a certain amount of funding left and that I won't be able to continue school after a few more classes. I just completed my associates degree and I was moving on to my Bachelor's. What a day... No offense to anyone I am p***ed off! Someone needs to wake up and help everyone not just certain groups of poor people-like everyone said our new president would do, not that he said there was change coming-little did we know that meant he was going to help the people from where he came from and that is about it, not that I voted for him because I thought we were going to really change, but we didn't. I don't care who becomes president anymore. Like they say "They are all the same" and people let me tell you have fun with a world of war if Mitt Romney gets elected-HOLY-S***.

edit on 4-9-2012 by samlf3rd because: misspelling

edit on 4-9-2012 by samlf3rd because: misspelling

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This life makes you tired, and for what? So we can buy a piece of plastic? Or so they can buy all your gold and silver so that when you don't have any the price of sky rockets? It already did. They are taking your money away. It's like someone infiltrated our government and they are trying to destroy it slowly.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This happened to my husband. He completed his associates first, and after 1 1/2 years into school seeking his bachelor's degree, they came up and said he could only take 4 more classes, and then he would have to pay out of pocket. We are low income here. Since that cap was put on the student loans, this has been happening to a lot of students.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
This life makes you tired, and for what? So we can buy a piece of plastic? Or so they can buy all your gold and silver so that when you don't have any the price of sky rockets? It already did. They are taking your money away. It's like someone infiltrated our government and they are trying to destroy it slowly.

Don't let them destroy you. I don't know what you are taking, but can you take any classes at a community college and pay for the units out of pocket? Then go from there? This is what we are doing. I know this is hard, but we have to push back. They want us on welfare and enslaved to their rules. Don't give them what they want.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
That sucks.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I won't give in, I am not rich used to be poor, and struggled my way out. You are right they want you there in poverty.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
there are other sources for college money...for example an Employer

i worked for a nationwide check printer on the night shift 6PM- 2:30AM
because i took classes in the daytime

they paid the tuition fees per credit hour and the book expense,
but i was also fortunate enough to have my VA Education payment check every month too.

there are scholarships for left handed people, for persons of Lithuanuan heritage and a lot more odd, seldom mentioned scholarships or even grants out there to be applied for

if your really intent on what now seems a unfruitful college degree... join a ROTC in the Coast Guard in exchange for a couple years service you can likely get up to a Masters Degree with the learning equity you already have acquired

hang in there

So, now your beginning to understand why there is a Trillion + $ deficit every year of the Øbama Years

between central asia/middle east campaigns, military (missile) strongholds in 150+ foreign nations, wars and Drones and 1.4 Billion hollow point .45cal ammunitions being stored in many homeland locations...

there has to be a give away to the core voters so the Status Quo will remain in power---thus the free IDs, cell phones, 45+ million families on food stamps, the unemployment extensions that will finally expire after the election voting period...
keep 'em fat & happy is the WH theme
edit on 4-9-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

here is a related article...examining todays welfare state of debt & economy to the 1929 Depression

www.inthedays.com...-17739

...In 1929, Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid didn’t exist. The federal government had no such obligations threatening to consume the entire federal budget within a few years.
In 1929, there was no such thing as welfare, food stamps, aid to dependent children, or English as a second language programs. American’s didn’t consider it the responsibility of government to pay for breakfast and lunch for school students — let alone for illegal immigrants at school.
Who could have imagined back in 1929 that one seventh of America’s population would be on food stamps…and the federal government would ADVERTISE to encourage even more Americans to sign up for food stamps and welfare.
Who could imagine back then that the federal government would team up with the President of Mexico to encourage Mexicans living illegally in America to sign up for food stamps?
Who could have imagined back then that the president would offer not just welfare, but waivers to allow any state to opt out of requiring work to receive welfare?
Back in 1929, who could have imagined 86 pregnant teenage girls all in one Memphis high school?
In 1929 we had families, moral codes, and churches to prevent this kind of tragedy. Do you actually believe this is just one abnormal high school? There must be record numbers of pregnant teens all over America. They have figured out that the choice is to either work a drab, depressing job paying minimum wage, or pump out babies and have government pay your bills for decades to come. But where will the money come from? This will overwhelm the system with generations of massive debt. This is a nightmare.

good info & comparisons made in the article
edit on 4-9-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Stay positive. Show your courage. You can do it. Few try so hard and get so far. Keep your head held high. You've got this! This life is your Bitch.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Im sure no one wants to hear this but here it is anyway.....

You dont always need school to have a better life. You can take the education that you have and the money you would have spent on more schooling and start a business. Maybe find others that are in a similar situation and are frustrated and are looking for an out.

Take what you have now education wise and learn techniques for managerial positions and take those skills and present yourself as if you already have that degree, an employer can tell the difference between someone just looking for work, and a good worker.

As long as you are confident, good at what you do, honest, and hard working, you can in fact do anything, and a degree does not stop that.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Man, you live by Gary???? I'd get out of that neighboorhood ASAP. But, yeah, I get sick of seeing certain people getting assistance, driving a new Escalade, nails and hair done, Diamond rings, yeah, that stuff. But people who really need the assistance can't get it. Our system has been screwed up for a long time. I don't live by the lake anymore(great place to see storms come in!) That whole area up there is depressing.
Hell, you can't even get into a steel mill without 2 yrs of collage.
Cost of living is thru the roof. If your not an office person, there are no jobs. Ok I'll shut up now, I could go on for hours about this stuff. It definately not the same place I grew up in....

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1

Man, you live by Gary???? I'd get out of that neighboorhood ASAP. But, yeah, I get sick of seeing certain people getting assistance, driving a new Escalade, nails and hair done, Diamond rings, yeah, that stuff. But people who really need the assistance can't get it. Our system has been screwed up for a long time. I don't live by the lake anymore(great place to see storms come in!) That whole area up there is depressing.
Hell, you can't even get into a steel mill without 2 yrs of collage.
Cost of living is thru the roof. If your not an office person, there are no jobs. Ok I'll shut up now, I could go on for hours about this stuff. It definately not the same place I grew up in....
While I respect your opinion, I can't help but to see veiled implications. I happen to be a black guy who attended college, paid my way, no affirmative action, and no NAACP helped me get JACK SQUAT. That little tidbit was implied by a previous poster. My brother and I never got free school lunch because our parents were deemed as making too much, which was a load of crap in itself. We never got food stamps, or any public assistance. That being said, we all know who supposedly drives Escalades( which to me are butt assed ugly), and loves to get their hair and nails done. You mentioned ''certain people'', and we all know who that meant. If you realistically believe that welfare allotments can pay for an Escalade, you're kidding yourself. Sure, there are some that abuse the system, but most people in that are in these programs legitimately NEED assistance. And I can assure you, they're not driving Escalades, and I can also assure they're not mostly black. That's the face that they put on it to keep crap stirred up. I think your anger is misdirected. The corrupt gov, and their lavish spending habits are the real problem...not poor people. I think that anyone too lazy to take care of themselves, regardless of color, deserves their lot in life. And oh yeah, I agree, Gary, Indiana is a cesspool.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You can get free financial aid. Doesn't matter where you live. I always decline the loans. I'm going for my bachelors, and have a job. You just have to apply for it every January.

first 5 classes you pay for and the rest after that the classes are free. So you can knock out extra classes towards you bachelors at no cost.

Just have to work harder and study harder. Take 8 week classes along with 4 month classes.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
It's like someone infiltrated our government and they are trying to destroy it slowly.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me. I'm thinking maybe a one world gov would be easier to implement with a weaker, or even decimated, America. They can't have a bunch of proud, educated, patriotic freedom lovers willing to fight to the death against tyranny... All these decisions to go to war over the past 11 years has been a setup to make the world hate us so it will be easier to see us go... But they forget that we used to be the land of the free... We need to be fixed, not destroyed. They start these wars and pollute the minds of the youth and everybody like its normal, but its a plan to destroy us from the inside out. Like spiders eggs were implanted into us and their eating their way through the inside of our nation until it is just a shell of its former self... A weak brittle shell that will crumble with the least resistance. But you can't accuse the perpetrators or you will be called a terrorist by many credible people for standing up to such great men and women without whom our nation could not survive!!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Free college edu my butt. I'm sadly on welfare and my loans for school ran out. Gov't loans mind you. And I can't get my bachelors finished now because of it despite being half way done.
If there IS a way to get free college, let me know. I really wanted my bachelors to get OFF of aid and back into my normal life of working 50 some hours a week. Much as I'm grateful for being on food stamps and in housing as I'd be homeless without it, I REALLY want to finish my bachelors up. My pride is shot to heck because of all this. So do let me know where this aid is. I'd be eternally grateful in tons of aspects.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Yup. I'm Caucasian, worked my entire life from 5th grade to 2 years ago. I'm almost 40. I have zero car, zero in the bank, nothing. Not everyone is a welfare 'bum'. I have circumstances that prevent me from attaining work until I get some legal crap sealed up. THEN I can go back to working like I used to. I miss those 8 to 12 hour work days 6 days a week. I hate not working. I hate I can't find work due to legal issues preventing me from being hired.
I hate having to be on food stamps and be in housing but it's saved me and my sons lives from being homeless and hungry. There is silver in every lining I suppose.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Reply to post by samlf3rd

O_o Im sorry who gets a free college education because they are from a 'bad' part of town?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You're far wealthier then the others by not taking stolen money to support yourself. You'll be just fine with your work ethic! The welfare kings and queens days are coming soon they will get what is really coming to them.

edit on 4-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
reply to post by poloblack

Yup. I'm Caucasian, worked my entire life from 5th grade to 2 years ago. I'm almost 40. I have zero car, zero in the bank, nothing. Not everyone is a welfare 'bum'. I have circumstances that prevent me from attaining work until I get some legal crap sealed up. THEN I can go back to working like I used to. I miss those 8 to 12 hour work days 6 days a week. I hate not working. I hate I can't find work due to legal issues preventing me from being hired.
I hate having to be on food stamps and be in housing but it's saved me and my sons lives from being homeless and hungry. There is silver in every lining I suppose.
I didn't mean any disrespect, on the contrary, I totally respect your situation. I never meant for my post to come off as self-righteous, because I'm in no way, like that. I'm in your corner.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Mitt Romney said you should get a loan from your parents.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

This is how the government promotes DEPENDENCE....and people who are DEPENDENT need the government and this is how the government gets soooo big and stays sooo relevant...

In a world where everyone took care of themselves government is almost irrelevant so in order to keep government there and keep it growing you need less people who are independent and capable of taking care of themselves and provide for themselves.

its obvious no?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join