It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First post by user ChildSaved911 [2014WC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
From Introduction Forum, OP by ChildSaved911, 9/11/2014 at 8:46 AM

I hope my honesty doesn't lose me any credibility, but I suspect it won't as this online community seems as devoted to truth as any I can find. I am 15 years old. Yes, this seems young to be participating in intellectual discussion. If you'll humor me for some time as I tell my story, you may find that I can bring something to the table despite my youth.

Have you noticed the significance of the timing? 9/11 is a day where every American stops for extra thought and I timed the post for the moment when the first plane hit WTC1. The reason being, my mother was in the building.

And so was I.

My mom gave a lot to me. Brown eyes, black hair, mathematical ability. She worked for Morgan Stanley on the 70th floor. I knew none of this until after my tenth birthday, which as it turns out wasn't my real tenth birthday.

I have no recollection of that day. I would learn from my foster parents that a firefighter found me laying unconscious in the stairwell on the 40th floor, with a frenzied crowd trampling over my body. That man rescued me, and died two hours later.

Noone knew who I was, everyone who could have identified me was dead.

The city set me up at a home in Brooklyn. Fake name, fake birthday. I showed rare academic ability and was coveted by wealthy families looking to adopt. A Long Island couple took me in when I was five. Shortly after my fake tenth birthday, my mom's cousin saw me on TV for winning the national Math Olympiad championship. The network did a feature on me, how I was in the WTC. You all can google this. You can get my real name, I don't care.

My real family thought I died. They hardly looked for me at all. So, I stayed with my adopted parents in Long Island.

They all came out to visit. Tried to persuade me to come live with them in Florida. They told me my mom brought me with her to work that day as a treat for my second birthday. I was born on 9/11/99. But I still choose to celebrate my fake birthday, October 10th.

I don't want anything to do with my old family. My mom is dead. She never told anyone who my father was, so I don't care. All I care about is economics.

I graduated high school in the spring at 14 with a perfect GPA and a near perfect SAT. I am now enrolled at Yale on a full scholarship as one of their most prized students in economics.

Everyone is so optimistic about the economy now. Everyone has forgotten the system nearly collapsed in 2008. How quickly people forget, but you all haven't! I know that! Our GDP grew 4% last year, unemployment is down to 6.5, the Eurozone is "stable," the DOW is over 15,000.

All of this is distracting from the eventual fiscal crisis we will face. Confidence will once again be derailed, the banks will get greedy,a bubble will burst, markets will crash, the Fed will bail out and debt will rise higher.

Obama is everyone's hero! Sure, he averted war in the Middle East and propped up the economy. Sure, the US-China relationship is looking as good as ever. Sure, his health care reform has not been a disaster as yet.

But we still have a debt 115% of GDP and a system that relies on mega banks. We still have a serious rich-poor gap. You all know this, you talk about it every day. The corporate infrastructure is doomed.

So, I'm at Yale now. A 15 year old boy genius miracle 9/11 survivor at Yale studying economics. But remember, I'm not one of them. I am one of you. I know all the economic figures and formulas, but I still have much to learn about many other subjects. I need your help in getting the big picture, to contribute in avoiding catastrophe.

Morgan Stanley. Sounds cold, but I don't respect my mom's occupation. She used her ability to make money and exploit. Not me.

You'll also like to know I'll be infiltrating Skull and Bones from within. They're watching me. They'll know about my activity here. That's part of the plan, I'm counting on them to make contact now. From what I understand they appreciate this type of moxy. They know I plan on taking down the elite and they're afraid I'm smart enough to do it, so I'm expecting some type of offer.

That's that. From here I'll be getting my 20 posts done and writing a comprehensive thread on the fallacy of the economic recovery.

Thank's for your time, see you on the boards.

edit on 4-9-2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
its not even 2014... so how does that even exist?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Oh, my bad I didn't see this was in short stories, carry on. Anyways pretty cool story I like how its pretty much a story that could be our future of economics if we don't stand up and fight the system.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A very well written and moving story, and done from a very unique perspective, well done.

S&F and welcome to the SS Forum. Hope to see more of you.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Very unique talent. Excellent spin for a story. Another captivating read! (Seeing how I read your second entry first!) SnF.

However, as a newer member, you have a remarkable understanding of how ATS works. Hmmm. I'm concocting a theory. This is a conspiracy site, you know.....

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Damn, druid, ever since you said that everyone stopped flagging. Shrewd competitive move.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.
edit on 9/7/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Naw, it's just the fact that the ATS crowd can be a fickle bunch.

In reality, every thread has a small chance of receiving flags as soon as it's posted, then it gets forgotten. In the SS forum, 7 flags is a nice harvest. You're tied for third ATM.

Try linking your story in your sig, and give it a bit more exposure.

There are other tricks, be creative.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Way to twist this story by using the quote box! Had to look at the date twice then I had a peek at what forum this was in. I linked from you sig so I was mind boggled at first.

Great job, and well written.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Thank's for the compliment and the bump. Late push for first place let's go vote for the underdog!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am a pretty new member, so I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this. I almost never read the short stories, because I primarily come here for news. This made me hungry to read more from the character (if he were real).

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Psssssst........

If you like it flag it. You can do this at the top left corner. The winner of the writing contest gets to carry the title of Writer under their avatar name. You can flag as many as you want as you read along.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join