It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Poll: Majority Say Country Worse Off and No To 2nd Term

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Well, that question is a relative question to a third party-er like me.

Am I better than I was 4 years ago? Yes. Not because of Obama though...because I busted my @ss to secure new clients and open up into new markets. Had nothing to do with "hope and change". I went from doing construction engineering on major commercial buildings to doing it on cell phone towers and platforms. Don't get me wrong, it's steady work and pays the bills and I enjoy it...but a big difference in contract values...I can tell ya that.

I am not back to where I was pre-collapse but when the shtf

I went through hell.

So...in relative comparison to where I was in September 2008 compared to where I am NOW...yes, I have personally eeked my way up a little. Nothing to write songs about though.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The poll was conducted by Pulse Opinion Research which is a partner of Rasmussen Reports.

Rasmussen in the past has been found to have a heavy conservative bias at times erroring 40% in favor of Republican candidates. How anyone can take a biased pollster seriously is beyond me.

Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly:

The 105 polls released in Senate and gubernatorial races by Rasmussen Reports and its subsidiary, Pulse Opinion Research, missed the final margin between the candidates by 5.8 points, a considerably higher figure than that achieved by most other pollsters. Some 13 of its polls missed by 10 or more points, including one in the Hawaii Senate race that missed the final margin between the candidates by 40 points, the largest error ever recorded in a general election in FiveThirtyEight’s database, which includes all polls conducted since 1998.

fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com...-3323
edit on 9/4/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I see a repeat of the November 2010 election.

Obama called it a shellacking.

The Tea Party will swing into action again.

- Tea Party Express....Mission -

The Gov. Scott Walker recall election victory in Wisconsin was a clear warning for the

Obama campaign.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
The poll was conducted by Pulse Opinion Research which is a partner of Rasmussen Reports.

Rasmussen in the past has been found to have a heavy conservative bias at times erroring 40% in favor of Republican candidates. How anyone can take a biased pollster seriously is beyond me.

Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly:

The 105 polls released in Senate and gubernatorial races by Rasmussen Reports and its subsidiary, Pulse Opinion Research, missed the final margin between the candidates by 5.8 points, a considerably higher figure than that achieved by most other pollsters. Some 13 of its polls missed by 10 or more points, including one in the Hawaii Senate race that missed the final margin between the candidates by 40 points, the largest error ever recorded in a general election in FiveThirtyEight’s database, which includes all polls conducted since 1998.

fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com...-3323
edit on 9/4/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

It's hard for anyone to argue we are better off today than we were 4 years ago.

Gov. O'Malley from Maryland admitted it on CBS and so can you.

" No."

We are worse off. The $16 Trillion National Debt is impossible to ignore.

The 8.3% unemployment rate is also troublesome.

To make matters even worse, college grads can't find work and are joining the ranks

of the underemployed. Clint Eastwood was right. 23 Million Americans unemployed

is a disgrace.

- College Grads Trading Caps & Gowns for Mops -

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't doubt this, but for me the grim reality since Romney/Ryan is the other ticket, the only viable option for me is to vote for Obama.

Every policy proposal -- limited in detail as they are -- put forth by Romney has been near universally panned by unbiased economists as being entirely void of reality. You can't cut taxes across the board, cut business taxes, raise military spending and reduce the federal budget without raising taxes on a large percentage of the country. This is true even assuming Romney's beyond realistic growth projections and accounting for closure of all wealthy loopholes. There is still left over a delta that would have to come from somewhere and all that'd be left are things like eliminating the homeowner exemption, child credits, etc.

His foreign policy plans, again what little has been revealed, look eager to put us in a new cold war and a hot war with Iran.

His energy policy is non-existent beyond burn more coal, drill more oil, etc. Under Obama, our production has already increased on ALL energy fronts, from solar to wind to coal to oil to natural gas.

His social policy is retro and tries to put women back firmly on second class status -- no equal pay, no control over their reproductive rights, etc.

His environmental policy? He has none.

Veterans? Education? Basic R&D? Infrastructure? Nothing but cut, slice and shear.

Had the Republicans given me a real option, such as someone committed to re-establishment of civil liberties, end to wars of empire, education and infrastructure vision, etc. it would have been a no brainer for me. But Romney, by his treatment and under-handed schemes in the primary process, shows me what he's about.

I would have voted for Ron Paul. Even as I disagree with the extreme let-everyone-fend-for-themselves side of his thinking, the restoration of civil liberties and end to wars would have been worth all the other potential pain.

Were this election not so serious (meaning if I thought Romney as merely benign instead of potentially massively destructive), I'd be voting for the Libertarian party. But I cannot risk a Romney presidency. The oligarchs take over would be complete, if it is not already.
edit on 4-9-2012 by pajoly because: grammer

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by RSF77

I miss Clinton as well. I told my wife the other day after seeing Clinton on the tube that I wish he would have run again. The funny thing is, we Americans have a knack for looking back with Rose colored glasses. At the time, a LOT of folks hated him and wanted him gone...funny how selective memory can be.

For me, there is only one choice...Gary Johnson. Anything else is going to be a continuation of the crapstorm we are in now...more war, more debt, more stripping of freedoms...woo-hoo...I just can't wait!

Google 'clinton death trail' and see if you don't change your mind.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well honstly I find that people would rather have Obama than Romney due to this

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
I don't doubt this, but for me the grim reality since Romney/Ryan is the other ticket, the only viable option for me is to vote for Obama.

Every policy proposal -- limited in detail as they are -- put forth by Romney has been near universally panned by unbiased economists as being entirely void of reality. You can't cut taxes across the board, cut business taxes, raise military spending and reduce the federal budget without raising taxes on a large percentage of the country. This is true even assuming Romney's beyond realistic growth projections and accounting for closure of all wealthy loopholes. There is still left over a delta that would have to come from somewhere and all that'd be left are things like eliminating the homeowner exemption, child credits, etc.

His foreign policy plans, again what little has been revealed, look eager to put us in a new cold war and a hot war with Iran.

His energy policy is non-existent beyond burn more coal, drill more oil, etc. Under Obama, our production has already increased on ALL energy fronts, from solar to wind to coal to oil to natural gas.

His social policy is retro and tries to put women back firmly on second class status -- no equal pay, no control over their reproductive rights, etc.

His environmental policy? He has none.

Veterans? Education? Basic R&D? Infrastructure? Nothing but cut, slice and shear.

Had the Republicans given me a real option, such as someone committed to re-establishment of civil liberties, end to wars of empire, education and infrastructure vision, etc. it would have been a no brainer for me. But Romney, by his treatment and under-handed schemes in the primary process, shows me what he's about.

I would have voted for Ron Paul. Even as I disagree with the extreme let-everyone-fend-for-themselves side of his thinking, the restoration of civil liberties and end to wars would have been worth all the other potential pain.

Were this election not so serious (meaning if I thought Romney as merely benign instead of potentially massively destructive), I'd be voting for the Libertarian party. But I cannot risk a Romney presidency. The oligarchs take over would be complete, if it is not already.
edit on 4-9-2012 by pajoly because: grammer

It sounds to me like you are looking for Santa Clause.

- Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country. -

John F. Kennedy

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here is my take on this. Four years ago during the 08 election season, you could not and were not allowed to say an ill word about Barry O. Doing so would get you a sticker on your post and your threads shut down. This time around there is more open debate and there is not the temptation to shut down any dissent. What this shows me is that the love fest enjoyed by Barry O last time has melted away into the hard reality of the times. The nation is slipping from his grasp and we can all feel it. To me it feels good, I like it. Talk like "You didn't build it " and " You belong to the government" and " Were it not for food stamps and welfare and Pell grants... etc etc etc." cause the average American to stop and wake up and say, " Hey... wait just one minute ! "

He's down among women.
He's down among white men
He's down among all Christian groups

He's up among blacks ( minority )
He's up among homosexuals ( minority)

Last time many white traditional democrats voted for Barry O. They won't do so this time.
He rejected God for allah so he can't count on the majority Christian/Catholic vote.
And his support of Iran over Israel will eventually cost him the Jewish vote as well.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I live in a 92% area and he's a hero doesn't really have to do anything because his voters don't really have to do anything either. He gets the vote because he's black no other reason. Most of the locals probably don't know who the other guy running is.

Like at the eye Dr. the other day the woman said Verace or whatever frames and the guy said thats all I need to hear I'll take them. $580 for sunglass frames that I'll be paying for. I didn't order anything just walked out

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join