It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Poll: Majority Say Country Worse Off and No To 2nd Term

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
An excerpt from "Hill Poll: Voters say second term undeserved, country is worse off" By Sheldon Alberts:

A majority of voters believe the country is worse off today than it was four years ago and that President Obama does not deserve reelection, according to a new poll for The Hill.

Fifty-two percent of likely voters say the nation is in “worse condition” now than in September 2008, while 54 percent say Obama does not deserve reelection based solely on his job performance.

Only 31 percent of voters believe the nation is in “better condition,” while 15 percent say it is “about the same,” the poll found. Just 40 percent of voters said Obama deserves reelection.

thehill.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Do you really believe polls?

Or that voting for one or the other really matters?

Just curious why we need daily updates on meaningless statistics when the election is only two months away

...and rigged for an Obama win

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Sort of off topic here....

When was the last time the US elected a president everyone actually liked in some sense??

Clinton?

Hope the answer is not of a person 100+ years ago

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yea, I think you would actually be right saying Clinton.

For most people anyways, he was a pretty good president when stacked up with the recent developments. A lot of people really didn't care what party affiliation he was, he just did some good stuff right up until the last day of the job.
edit on 4-9-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Well, if you believe those on ATS, Obama has done a superb job, and should get reelected, just because the alternative is Mitt Romney. Personally, these two idiots are the epitome of whats wrong with this Country. I have a 100% approval rating for Congress also, if you believe Obama should be reelected.

That being said, vote 3rd Party.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yes, I believe.

Even a Conservative like me, liked Clinton, to an extent. Until he gave China, Most favored Nation status, and setting us up for a complete downfall, that Bush signed in.

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well, I don't know what you find so great about Obama, but Clinton was a really good, charitable president. He did a lot for a lot of people, a lot of that went unheard too. He got his willy wet in the oval office sure, but he continues to do charitable stuff even now.

This is coming from a Republican leaning person too.

link   
It is what it is. Yesterday in a thread I had to painfully remind everyone what the experts had to say when the economy tanked in 2007. The "experts" said that the economy had fallen so far and the damage was so extensive, that it would take at least a decade to recover, maybe longer. Do you think the Great depression was cured in 4 years?

I'm def not an Obama fan but I can promise you this...Robo-Romney isn't going to fix sh!t in 4 years either. People need to snap out of their dazed and confused state. Sure people were sold on "hope and change" (I wasn't, I voted Libertarian in 08) but "hope" and a dollar might get you a cup of cheap coffee.

This was a really bad recession and I knew then it was not going to be fixed with magic words and hope...We Americas are some spoiled brats...just because we want things fixed RIGHT NOW doesn't mean it works that way...time for the brat children to wake up. Who you vote for will have zero effect...there is no magic wand...only time will fix this. Voting for R-money or Obama might make you feel like you did something...but you are going to have zero effect on the economy...you should be more worried about the continuation of the Patriot Act, NDAA, HR347 and Obama/Romneycare...none of which Romney is going to do sh!t about...sorry about your luck.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by sonnny1

Well, I don't know what you find so great about Obama, but Clinton was a really good, charitable president. He did a lot for a lot of people, a lot of that went unheard too. He got his willy wet in the oval office sure, but he continues to do charitable stuff even now.

This is coming from a Republican leaning person too.

I dont find anything right with Obama. Oh, maybe one thing. The Osama thing. But that's it. This President is the worst President, I have ever seen. Period. MHO

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
America just needs another president that's down with the peeps, lol. Obama isn't it.

Honestly, I kind of miss Clinton and the years that came with him. Sorry for being off-topic and everything, MDDoxs brought up something that might just be worthy of another thread.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

The majority say??

I find those poll results kinda funny.
54%??
Hmmmm...really?
That number is too close to my BS meter.

I have said the election results are as transparent as a window.
When he got elected it was 49 to 51....what a shock.(I called the 49 to 51 BTW)
When it is important they fudge the numbers.
Quebec referendum=49 to 51
Bush vs Gore=close to what i am talking about
Bush vs Kerry=50.7 to 48.3

Obama vs McCain=49 to 51

Let me ask this question about the poll and the majority.....has any ats members been asked in this poll??
I didn't think so.....those polls are a lie to cater to what they want the public to think.
Also,I don't support Obama,I am just stating what i see wrong here with polls and election numbers.

People are not that split down the middle....its just an easier way for you to buy their BS.
4 years with any of these "characters" is too much,let alone 4 more.

This poll,much like the elections are a joke.
www.abovetopsecret.com... (an earlier post)

edit on 4-9-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I really don't believe any poll I ever see anymore, regardless if its in my favor or not. They are all so full of #.

What is a poll supposed to mean anyways? Is that suppose to be something we believe because everyone else does? No thanks.

Okay sometimes I still quote them to prove a point though, sue me. All this filler I'm saying just goes to show the insignificance of polls.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I miss Clinton as well. I told my wife the other day after seeing Clinton on the tube that I wish he would have run again. The funny thing is, we Americans have a knack for looking back with Rose colored glasses. At the time, a LOT of folks hated him and wanted him gone...funny how selective memory can be.

For me, there is only one choice...Gary Johnson. Anything else is going to be a continuation of the crapstorm we are in now...more war, more debt, more stripping of freedoms...woo-hoo...I just can't wait!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Its statistical math.
Again,has any of you been asked your opinion??
It does say 54% and majority?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by RSF77

Its statistical math.
Again,has any of you been asked your opinion??
It does say 54% and majority?

What if I'm part of the 46%? Doesn't work out too good for me now does it?

Why? Would you like to live under an absolute democracy? What happens when one day the mob comes for your butt? Statistics won't save you.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
the republican party has become a facist cult and it's becoming clearer to a broader swath of people every day. there are alot of good republicans, they just aren't in leadership positions. the nutjobs have taken over, look at all the seasoned and reasoned republicans they kicked out of their party in the last few elections. if that doesn't say something then nothing else will.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Okay, so basically your opinion is:

Republicans

Alright ATS people, I'm going to sleep now. It's been fun playing the devil's advocate with all of you again. Good night guys and gals. Sorry for kind of hijacking your thread RELDDIR, if you care. S&F for your trouble, you instigated some good conversation.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Obama, Romney...Democrap...Repubican...doesnt matter. The hammers been thrown, the country jaded.

Fook em all...none are worth the money that was used to buy them their place.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

The problem with democracy is if 80% are dumb than the other 20% has to live with their decisions when they vote.
If everyone believed these polls and what they say and see on the news,independent thinkers are screwed.
These politicians are business men...not "leaders"

Our PM is a financial guy,the US President is a lawyer....enough said.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
No worries RSF77, it's a "free" country. LOL

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by jimmyx

Okay, so basically your opinion is:

Republicans

Alright ATS people, I'm going to sleep now. It's been fun playing the devil's advocate with all of you again. Good night guys and gals. Sorry for kind of hijacking your thread RELDDIR, if you care. S&F for your trouble, you instigated some good conversation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join