It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy:FDR and Pearl Harbor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

What exactly did FDR know about the attack on Pearl Harbor? Did he allow it? or was it what most people think a sneak attack?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Part2:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
FDR allowed Hitler to come to power, so it doesn't surprise me that he knew of pending attacks on Pearl Harbor.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Part3:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
These days president Obama reads from a teleprompter and ad libs very little to what they write for him. Its been that way for a long time, there was some fairly deliberate disclosure about the US shadow government released during the Kennedy administration. FDR would have been prepared for the possibility of such an event happening since he would have to give a speech to the nation but I doubt he knew the details of the timing.

The chief army cryptographer William Friedman had broken the Japanese code and had intercepted diplomatic traffic from Japan. Other than indicating the attack might have been choreographed as a joint US/Japan military exercise Friedman gave few details in his post war testimony.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Yes he did let it happen something else to be noted is that japan attacked the us because of sanctions placed against them or at least that what i heard Anyways this is nothing new The U.S. has always used tragedies like 911 and pearl harbor to their own advantage
edit on 4-9-2012 by ninjas4321 because: fixed spelling

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

The United States was trying to secure areas in Asia and the Pacific islands for use by the growing air travel industry. Japan was not particularly interested in being westernized against its will.

There is a bigger conspiracy here though. When William Friedman broke the Japanese purple cipher he discovered that although the encryptor was built around electrical stepping switches it was conceptually identical to the German Enigma and US M209 rotor machines? Edward Hugh Hebern is credited with dreaming up these rotor design cipher machines sometime prior to 1920. Friedman commented something to the effect that breaking the Japanese purple code was a little too easy. He must have wondered why all the global military powers decided to purchase and use a flawed system to encrypt sensitive information like the attack on Pearl Harbor, troop movements, and plans for concentration camps.

It would be interesting to find out what really went through Friedmans mind, He probably saw the shadows, I doubt he was insane enough to believe he was walking alone.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join