It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do YOU evaluate UFO videos?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by iKnowWhatISeen

Originally posted by Orkojoker
How do you know the object's altitude and speed? Seems like you're making an assumption here.

I seen it with my own eyes, so you when you look at a jet you can't assume how fast it's going and how far it is? You don't say nothing about the assumption it was a Chinese lantern? People on this site disappoint me sometimes, some of you are ass backwards.
A trained observer can indeed make estimates of a known object's distance and speed, because they know the size.

Nobody can make estimates of an unknown object's distance and speed because the size is unknown.

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Well what I suggest learn to use your camera better auto focus doesn't work well at night with little dots of light as you can see on your video.
Learn how to use my camera better? Hard for the camera not to shake when I'm recording a MOVING object at 18x on a non professional camera, it's still a good camera but really now?
Simple. Turn the autofocus OFF!!!!! Set the focus to infinity manually, and the videos like this will be 1000 times better than with the autofocus going crazy.

How in the world is that a Chinese lantern? Didn't know they could move to the left of the sky, stop, and disappear.
I don't know of any reason they couldn't do that. You must not have seen many chinese lanterns. They do stuff like that a lot.

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
i'd rather have the details of a case, any eyewitness reports or testimonies or what have you... the more in depth the better... and then i'll take a look at film to corroborate or contrast what i've read.
This is an important point. Witnesses, location, date, time, and other evidence is important.

A video without all that is pretty useless.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

reply to post by iKnowWhatISeen

How do you know the object's altitude and speed? Seems like you're making an assumption here.

edit on 4-9-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

I seen it with my own eyes, so you when you look at a jet you can't assume how fast it's going and how far it is? You don't say nothing about the assumption it was a Chinese lantern? People on this site disappoint me sometimes, some of you are ass backwards.

This might help you as you obviously cant understand what your seeing clip from Father Ted a very funny program from the UK

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Type of video. Who made it. Certain locations such as ESCETI Ranch. If it is anything like what I've seen. Most of them are rather high up.

Infared is nice. I 'd like to see alot more people using IR and full spectrum UV.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Any explanation for my sighting, it's legit, recorded at 1080p.

My sighting

yes - a video that need's it's own thread.

Please don't derail others'

Thank you for understanding (goes for follow-up's as well)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sightings are sometimes verifiable ships with witnesses, so we know there are secret ships.

So with that, UFOs are either that secret ship or hoax which might be rarer than what the
CGI claimers might profess.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

It's common sense, people want legit videos and discredit my eyewitness account, I know that # was far it lit up the sky around it like something I never see before, it was brighter then any star in the sky, and it stopped in midspace or midair if you will for a couple of minutes, anyone with the balls to prove its a lantern? Until I see a lantern do what I seen, that's impossible, something you guys won't understand cause you didn't see it. If you were in my driver seat that night ALL OF YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN MIND#ED JUST LIKE ME, point blank.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

This might help you as you obviously cant understand what your seeing clip from Father Ted a very funny program from the UK

So I was seeing a far away cow?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
for me i look at the flight patterns and every single video i've ever watched to this point have all looked like conventional to me so sadly as amazing as their shapes have been i don't believe i've seen on craft that hasn't be extraterrestrial in origin so far.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

How do YOU evaluate UFO videos?

I don't.

To assume there aliens or even human made craft or just anything from swamp gas to a bad pixel is pretty silly. First if they were alien then I think that they will make there presence known when, and if they want to, and if not...Then not. That is all there is to it.

Now if its something humans made some new top secret aircraft, or even more psyops, well then, that to does not matter... But people being people they need stories and justifications for things, even explanations and even if those explanations are half ass'd. In reality however such a question really truly does not matter, even if it all turned out to be true or fake, it still does not matter, and most time any explanation will do.

A UFO is a Unidentified Flying Object, what more need be said.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

So I was seeing a far away cow?

By the logic you applied to your video YOU way well have

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
A UFO is a Unidentified Flying Object, what more need be said.
That 95% of them upon further investigation turn out to be manmade objects or natural phenomena, according to MUFON and others such as Bill Birnes of UFO Hunters.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Interesting post. I cross reference a video with previous reports, mostly textual reports. When there's something in a video that displays attributes of previously recorded eye witness testimony, I give it more credence. If what's in the video has never been mentioned before in text format, I'm generally suspicious.

Anything that looks or acts like a chinese lantern, I tend to ignore. Any videos of three or four orbs floating across the sky that don't even hold their positions I usually discard. Also, videos where the UFO makes up a single pixel or two of the entire frame, it's really not worth my time or anyone elses.

And of course all the others:
- Turn off annotations (no-one needs them)
- Insta-suspicion on a video with an advert before it
- Insta-suspicion if a video contains no audio or music
- Insta-suspicion when the video maker has attempted to create camera movements in post

Of course, the biggest part of the evaluation for me is - does it in anyway resemble the phenomena I have seen personally? - if it does, I'll usually stick around and do more evaluation.
edit on 5-9-2012 by markymint because: More thoughts

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wen viewing UFOs:

I skip most of the Youtube stuff (shaky videos make me seasick)
If I watch video, I quietly dismiss lights in the sky. Lights in the sky are just *that*. Lights. In the Sky.
I do not watch daytime UFO footage. On my end, it's been 100% hoaxes. If I had odds like this in Vegas, I'd be stinking rich.

I cannot wait for the day I have a repeat of my own encounter, have video, and it's shot down like a flock of birds over an artillery range.
I'd actually understand if no one believed it. I've seen so many fakes and shaky, arbitrary lights, I'd be jaded, too.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
My method:
1 - Ignore the title and any responses before viewing the video
2 - turn off sound and disable pop-up comments (on YouTube)
3 - watch the video in it's entirety but skipping over walls of text/intro comments
4 - make mental note of initial reaction/supposition
5 - with mental note (#4) in mind, tell yourself the title of the video is "your mental note" and watch again.
6 - which seems more plausible? Gut reaction (#5) or what the title of the video is

That is too much scrutiny for me. There was a time when the world didn't lie, that is when I study UFO videos. I do not look at any flying saucer youtube videos, it is a let down to see that the whole world has succumb to the obsession of pathologically lying.
edit on 5-9-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

That is too much scrutiny for me. There was a time when the world didn't lie, that is when I study UFO videos. I do not look at any flying saucer youtube videos, it is a let down to see that the whole world has succumb to the obsession of pathologically lying.
edit on 5-9-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

I do see your point and thanks for adding to the thread but you have to remember - if/when the "real thing" is actually captured on video, where do you think that video is going to be presented?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint

Of course, the biggest part of the evaluation for me is - does it in anyway resemble the phenomena I have seen personally? - if it does, I'll usually stick around and do more evaluation.
edit on 5-9-2012 by markymint because: More thoughts

Great point. Many of us have seen things we can't explain yet still maintain an air of skepticism for many of the videos out there. One thing that blows me away however is that there's more variety in the objects being sighted than there is if it were man-made or artificial. It's not very often (at least that I've encountered) where separate sightings involve the exact same object, mass-sightings excluded.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I enjoy videos of people that saw ufo's years back like in the Gary Wilcox case. The guy had sterling character and was not in it at all for fame or fortune. He has one of the greatest stories ever told.
Same as Lonnie Zamora, a policeman, a well respected leader in his church.
The links to the individual ufo encounters or in the song link below:

And the KICKER is there are SIMILARITIES between them both.

The loose fitting uniforms from head to toe, both were little men. Both saw an oval craft and both on the same day. April 24th, 1964.

So I wrote a song about it. Called the Curious Case of 64.
www.icompositions.com...

The AMAZING thing is to me there are two other people that saw similar things:
Donald Shrum - Little men in white unfiorms - small - head to toe uniforms.
It also happened in the year 1964 ~ Book "Aliens In the Forest".
Check out the Coast to Coast interview with George Knapp. One of the best interviews he ever did I think.

Interesting read, Ernest Norman's telepathy book "The Truth About Mars". because in that book a leader from the planet states they are a small race of people related the a race that is currently on this earth.

I find 1964 very interesting. It is also the year when a mars satellite started taking photos of mars and it is also when mars was closest to earth.(every two years) which was what Gary Wilcox was told when he talked to two beings that stated they lived (I think under mars) on the planet mars). They stated they were studying plants and had a tough time growing them. Hello !!!!

I think the heads of Nasa, the military, JPL, Dr. Malin know about this and are keeping quiet about it. Curiosity only going to areas were LITTLE structures, artifacts are unless they are in leak mode.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Lonnie Zamora saw an oval craft descend and take off by rising a hundred feet off the
ground and moving off. What was distorted was everything else.
But be assured there was a ship that the oil companies are keeping secret.

The video showed an exhaust on decent. Wrong.
The video showed Lonnie Zamora's hat being blown from the exhaust on assent. Wrong.
The video said small people were outside the ship. Wrong.

Do you actually think the actual event is truthfully portrayed.
In any case oval ships have been verified.

People would see UFO saucers fly over the Texas oil fields.
Imagine all those towers and the oil field going dry too bad some Illuminati suckers
bought those fields and had to seek oil elsewhere to pay back the uber Illuminati
who sold them the fields. Most likely the ones owning the saucers.

edit on 9/5/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Pretty simply, i don't. I believe in extraterrestrial visitation and have seen stuff i can't explain with my own eyes, the problem is with the current state of CGI and such even experts can be fooled.
Someone may put up a video which really is Mr Alien dropping by to say hello yet a million people will claim to KNOW why it is fake and point out their supperior knowledge on it. The problem is a fake video can also have a million people saying its real and this is the final proof. There is no winning or proving anything.

I know what i believe and what i have seen and that is all i can go on. I could be right, i could be wrong but unless a ufo parks itself over a major city for a week this will always never boil down to fact but to peoples opinions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join