It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I don't believe a "god" created us.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Bravo OP! Good points, that's what I think it is. But I think some things did happen and a lof of what science has proven is correct, however science fails to understand some conclusions may and are likely wrong.

Originally posted by SpearMint
1. We did not evolve from monkeys, we share a common ancestor, the last one being approximately 10 million years ago.
2. We can observe evolution.
4. There isn't a missing link.

Evolution does exist, we can see it in our tails as well. But Really? Problem solved? Why science can't explain EXACTLY how humans and not a SINGLE other species evolved like us. Incident? MAYBE there is more than that and than evolution? How can you SERIOUSLY think that's all, Science is never wrong - oh really?

1. In science, "theory" doesn't mean what you're implying it does.
2. We can know all sorts of stuff about the universe by observing it.

Do you think the data about how the universe was formed is some unarguable fact?

Yes science has discovered lot's of things that are correct BUT - do you SERIOUSLY think science cannot be wrong? Proof of asteroid hitting the earth to kill the dinosaurs - THEORY, how the universe was made - THEORY, Humans just happened to evolve and no other species did - THEORY, NO GREAT FLOOD WTF ? - Oceans take the entire planet's surface and the lesser part is the continents, Ice Age + Warming up + Oceans and science tells me 'tehre is no Great flood'? WTF?

And what happens if any of those are wrong?Science also includes HISTORY and just like we now learn COlumbus may nt have been the first discoverer of America, Science CAN BE WRONG about PAST TOO

Just like the TEXTBOOKS have to be corrected about Columbus, they WERE corrected - Pluto has one satellite I read when I was 12th grade -Science was WRONG - Pluto has two more satellites - Nix and Hydra - and so science can be wrong about some other things

WTF, how can someone think science cannot be wrong about things that can be questionable? It's like an idiot to think so, this is ignorance to think science has explained it all, there is ALWAYS the possibility to be wrong about some things - always!
edit on 9-9-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Bravo OP! Good points, that's what I think it is. But I think some things did happen and a lof of what science has proven is correct, however science fails to understand some conclusions may and are likely wrong.

Originally posted by SpearMint
1. In science, "theory" doesn't mean what you're implying it does.
2. We can know all sorts of stuff about the universe by observing it.

Do you think the data about how the universe was formed is some unarguable fact?

Yes science has discovered lot's of things that are correct BUT - do you SERIOUSLY think science cannot be wrong? Proof of asteroid hitting the earth to kill the dinosaurs - THEORY, how the universe was made - THEORY, Humans just happened to evolve and no other species did - THEORY, NO GREAT FLOOD WTF ? - Oceans take the entire planet's surface and the lesser part is the continents, Ice Age + Warming up + Oceans and science tells me 'tehre is no Great flood'? WTF?

I read SpearMint's post and don't see where he ever said that science can't be wrong.

He did tell the OP that the word "theory" doesn't mean what the OP seems to think it means, and it seems you are a little confused as to the role of science and the scientific definition of the word "theory" also.

Science is NOT "The Laws of Nature". Science is only a tool to help humans understand those laws. One of the items in the scientific toolbox are Theories. Theories are simply a "best guess" way of explaining nature. and they use experiments to gather evidence to back up these best guesses they call theories.

A theory is not the end-all in an attempt to find knowledge. In fact a theory is never really truly complete because science is constantly attempting to poke hole in its own theories, and constantly trying to add to those theories with more evidence to back up a theory, or new evidence that would cause science to tweak (or completely change) a theory.

Science has never ever said they "Know Everything". Science by its very nature cannot know everything, because then it would be called "Knowledge" and not "Science".

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Originally posted by gortex

The evidence is there but you choose to ignore it as it shakes your belief that we were engineered by Aliens, your choice I guess .

What evidence? What are you talking about really? Is it observable evidence by any means? No it is not. Then how the hell am I supposed to believe in something that I have no idea it happened and that no one saw it happen? If your hoping or relying on Science to provide the answer, then I suggest you start looking elsewhere as you will never find.

Stupid ? .. maybe ... but to believe our ancestors couldn't create the wonders they did without ET intervention denigrates their achievements and shows a lack if understanding as to who these people were , it also shows ignorance of the facts and an over reliance on TV entertainment shows like Ancient Aliens .

You don't know how it was done so it was Aliens , it couldn't of been those stupid Humans

Give me one really good reason as to why should I believe our ancient ancestors with ancient tools made all the incredible measured, detailed and architectural constructions all around the planet not to mention the incredible precision of the shapes, sizes and scary weight of the stones that were used into those constructions. It takes quite a leap of faith to digest that as true, not to mention the fact that only now in the 21st century we got the technological prowess and know how to build huge skyscrappers and other marvelous works of constructions around the world.

We only got the words of mainstream archeologists and egyptologists as evidence claiming ancient ancestors did all those remarkable achievements even though there's no evidence except their words which I find very dubious and unreliable and sure as hell I wouldn't trust or believe anything that comes out of mainstream academics.

Unlike your Evolution theory, Ancient Astronauts theory has physical evidence all around the world but still people ignore it as people ignore the air they breed, even though it exists or else they wouldn't be here.
edit on 11-9-2012 by shenk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shenk
...Give me one really good reason as to why should I believe our ancient ancestors with ancient tools made all the incredible measured, detailed and architectural constructions all around the planet not to mention the incredible precision of the shapes, sizes and scary weight of the stones that were used into those constructions. It takes quite a leap of faith to digest that as true, not to mention the fact that only now in the 21st century we got the technological prowess and know how to build huge skyscrappers and other marvelous works of constructions around the world....

The grand cathedrals of Europe built during the middle-ages required tremendous precision, and those were made by people without modern tools.

If aliens helped build the great pyramid, then why does the archeological record show a progression of over 1000 years of construction for them to go from:

- Stone tombs
to
- Mastabas
to
- Two-level mastabas
to
- Multi-level mastabas
to
- Stepped pyramids (which are multi-level mastabas with progressively smaller levels)
to
- Small true pyramids
to
- Medium-sized pyramids
to
- Large pyramids
to, finally
- The Great Pyramid at Giza.

If they used alien technology, why did it take them over 1000 years to progressively go from mastaba to the Great Pyramid? -- and with several failed attempts along the way, such as the bent pyramid, and small pyramids that collapsed prior to completion (failures from which the archeological record shows they learned by).

edit on 9/11/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Some theories are that after the 'gods' left, the Ancient Egyptians attempted to duplicate their structures with little success at first. Some places even suggest that the Great Pyramids were originally built much earlier, but were renovated and reconstructed during Khufu's reign using the technology of the age. That would explain why the stone changes so radically from the outside to the inside of the pyramid.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Everything we know about God and religion was developed here on earth, yet there are MILLIONS of stars out there. To assume that we are the ONLY living creatures with a conscience and knowledge of God is such Bull$hit as to be a farce, yet this is the direction organized religions take.
Someone says that there is no evidence of evolution because there were no skeletons discovered that show wings decreasing in size, therefore God must exist. We have not excavated EVERY square inch of Earth to a depth of 20 feet to be sure.
SOMETHING rapidly expanded into what we now know as a universe.....I give you that. But WHO created the object that rapidly expanded?
The Bible is basically fiction, I admit that.....but the Annunaki must have been fools because Humans are generally LAZY and would make poor slaves.....and there is ZERO proof that they EVER arrived here.
God is perfect in EVERY way...including LOGIC. Logic has no room for emotion, therefore God CANNOT love you and doesn't give a rat's a$$ about you or your future. You CANNOT have a PERSONAL relationship with Christ. God is too busy making trees grow to care about you.
God has a language....that language is probably math and physics. Why? 1+1 is ALWAYS 2. regardless of the symbols used or the vocal utterances, one and one always equals two and Hydrogen ALWAYS has the same decay rate. These things do NOT change anywhere in the known universe....prove me wrong, I DARE you. Pretty Please?
ALL of you are misled fools.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join