It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Scientific Report Destroys Global Warming!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

People not agreeing with a tax or law is not a reason not to have a tax or a law... not all policies and decisions can be populist...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
ATS has really gone downhill when trash like this is allowed to reach the front page.

Your lies have been exposed early in the thread, which you laughably try to brush off, and your original rant is filled with biased nonsense.

This thread has no topic and you have been exposed as a shill.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hmmm hottest AND earliest summer on record in Many states.. Fact
Record droughts globally.. Fact
Greenland looses record amounts of ice coverage.. Fact
Sea ice losses also highly abnormal..Fact

Please feel free to argue with the weather we just had this last year
and please feel free to argue with the snow pack and glacial disappearance that is on
record for the last 50 years..
What causes ice to melt.?
What causes record droughts and mass crop failures?
Massive flooding, sea level rise? SEA LEVEL RISE !!!!!
We are talking about The rise in Water Levels on a planetary scale!!!
If the planet WASNT warming.. What is causing This??
WHAT CAUSES ICE TO MELT? IT SURE ISNT MORE ICE

Please feel free to keep your head in the sand and lobby with those that are moronic to the facts

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Eh, you are talking about weather though, that is sporadic and not all that reliable. You cannot look at weather and say "yup must be global warming" lol. The Greenland ice melt is part of a cycle, has nothing to do with global warming. There is global warming happening, but for the most part its impacts would not be felt today.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Eh, you are talking about weather though, that is sporadic and not all that reliable. You cannot look at weather and say "yup must be global warming" lol. The Greenland ice melt is part of a cycle, has nothing to do with global warming. There is global warming happening, but for the most part its impacts would not be felt today.

Huh?
would not be felt Today?
lmao..yes the planet is in a cycle not just Greenland.. it IS the coming of the next Ice age
After things warm up..and Melt

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

An increase of Ocean Temps. of 4 degrees on a Global Scale will result in an ICE AGE! It has happened many times in the past as our Climate Changes are do to a Wobble in the Earths Orbital Combination between a single rotation as well as the Give and take pull of the Moon and How we orbit our Sun.

This causes Heat Ups which flood the Salt water Oceans with Fresh Water Melt...which shuts down the Heat Transfering Gulf Stream among others and Warm water from the Gulf of Mexico stopped traveling around the tip of Florida and across the Atlantic to England and thus there is no warm water to cold water conveyor belt and the Northern Hemisphere becomes Colder and we get an ICE AGE.

This is a Natural thing but we are way ahead of the appointed time. If this continues and it is...we could be in an ICE AGE in a few hundred years. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by munkey66

Oil companies want to keep polluting the Earth, that is their agenda. Everything that they pay for will be spun to make their pollution of Earth look like a good thing. The "green movement" wants to supply society with what it needs without harming the environment. Which agenda sounds better for humanity?

Oil companies do not want to keep polluting the world, it is how this game is played.
what we have here is a smoke screen, the big corporations own both the oil and the renewable energy sectors, this is about control of the energy and therefore the power.
The introduction of the carbon tax is the silent serial killer that is sneaking in the backdoor on the coat tails of the global warming debate.
While we argue black and blue that both sides are wrong, you are being side tracked.
Here is an example of what I mean.

THE boss of Australia's biggest mining company has urged the Federal Government to introduce a carbon tax before the rest of the world.
source
Why would Australias largest mining company want a carbon tax, they are the ones mining the coal which will be taxed.
It will give them the head start and be the first on the block to be allocated their carbon credits after our carbon tax changes to a carbon trading scheme in 2015.

Carbon will become the new fiat currency for the world,
governments will then need to dole out the credits to corporations at first and then it will progress to small business and then the home (smart meter anyone?)

I could be more elaborate than that, but that would side track this thread even further.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It doesn't really matter if you believe in Global Warming is caused by man or if it's natural. We need to come up with alternate methods of energy because we will eventually run out of fossil fuels. Not to mention the many ecological and environmental disasters that come along with the usage of Fossil Fuels.

Go ahead and keep supporting the many companies that pump millions of tons of smog into the atmosphere and pollute our air. But hey as long as it fits your agenda.
edit on 9/3/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

We need to be allowed to develop without governmental interference, Tesla had a way of of providing free limitless energy, he wasn't allowed to do it.
The technologies obviously exist, we just need to have natural progression into them being made available, and not kept in this BS oil dependent state that allows all sorts of games to be played with us and our money.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

An increase of Ocean Temps. of 4 degrees on a Global Scale will result in an ICE AGE! It has happened many times in the past as our Climate Changes are do to a Wobble in the Earths Orbital Combination between a single rotation as well as the Give and take pull of the Moon and How we orbit our Sun.

This causes Heat Ups which flood the Salt water Oceans with Fresh Water Melt...which shuts down the Heat Transfering Gulf Stream among others and Warm water from the Gulf of Mexico stopped traveling around the tip of Florida and across the Atlantic to England and thus there is no warm water to cold water conveyor belt and the Northern Hemisphere becomes Colder and we get an ICE AGE.

This is a Natural thing but we are way ahead of the appointed time. If this continues and it is...we could be in an ICE AGE in a few hundred years. Split Infinity

Obviously there's a lot of dodgy logic in that post...

For one thing, it wouldn't cause a worldwide ice age would it? It would only cause one in places further from the equater, heated by a jet stream... certainly not the entire planet...

On top of that, as we don't have ANY accurate data on how warmer water would ACTUALLY affect things like the gulf stream, all we can do is run computer models and guess.

As for as the contention that it's all due to a wobble, etc., there's literally thousands of climate scientists that would be unwilling to accept that, and they have the data on their side...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This thread is a HOAX, the OP has shown that he knew he was lying in the original post and as such this should be binned... but of course, this topic was on the front page, even though it had very few replies, most of them off-topic, and so obviously ATS wants to push this... even though it's BS.

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... won't get fooled again..."

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
More bloody pro oil, pro dollar, anti green cr@p.
Greenie bashing is so late eighties.
…….I mean how the hell can people attach an evil "agenda" to a bunch of thoughtful humans who want to put the planet before the dollar?
How is it that those "filthy greens" can garner such wrath from you people for wanting to preserve and care for this earth and it's creatures?
Are THEY "chasing market share"
Are They forcing their "god" on you?
Are they financially backed by companies that make cluster bombs and land mines?
Are They trying to spy on you ?
Are THEY taking you to war?
Do they want a censored internet?
Do the Greens want to turn your quiet coastal town into a high-rise packed vegas by the sea?
Do I need to keep going?

edit on 4/9/12 by homerJ because: spelling

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
A recent 2011 CERN CLOUD experiment concluded with factual evidence that the sun directly causes Global Warming.

Of course it does. The sun is orders of magnitude greater than any other heat source. The problem, especially with head in the sand ignorance, is the lack of understanding about the FLOW of heat.

X comes from the sun
X radiates back to space
Net heat gain ZERO

X comes from sun
Y radiates back to space (where Y is less than X)
Net heat GAIN

DUH. I say again for the really really ignorant DUH!!!

Why the difference ? The heat is trapped in the lower atmosphere by greenhouse gasses. DUH !!! We know this is true becasue the heat FLOW through the upper atmosphere is higher coming in than going out. That is why the Stratosphere is COOLING because LESS heat is TRANSFERRING through it DUH!!!! Now some morons jump up and down and go "hey look the atmosphere is cooling global warming is a myth" Jeesh I ask you...face palm.

Ok so now we know where the heat is coming from and we now know why it is getting warmer. How do we know the greenhouse gases are human sourced?

I'm sure I will lose some of you, (some won't want to read in case they educate themselves). Cosmic rays react with carbon in the atmosphere and on the surface to create radioactive carbon 14. This reaction creates a fixed ratio of carbon 14 to carbon 12. When organic material is buried the carbon 14 decays. Thus by measuring the proportion of the two we can assess how old a dead thing is. Now fossil fuels have no carbon 14 due to their age. So by measuring the proportion of carbon 14 and carbon 12 in the atmosphere we can work out how much extra carbon 12 has been released due to fossil fuel burning. From this we KNOW that co2 increase is due to MAN MADE FOSSIL FUEL BURNING. I's sooooo simple really.

The oil companies know this which is why they fund all the anti human global warming studies. For a site like ATS so anti NWO, TPTB, Illuminati etc to fall for the propoganda of mega rich oil companies is truly astonishing.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zero1020

Where ?? I must have missed it no go away and whine somewhere else

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

New Scientific Report Destroys Global Warming!

That's great news, i didn't know reports can do this. Now all we need is a report to destroy poverty, end all military conflict and make those darn hippies go away.
The possibilities are endless...

Where in your report did you find the argument for or against the theory, that global warming is manmade?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
Your link takes us to a wonderful website about science with pictures of friendly animals surrounding this "big" study you quote so freely.
But you make no mention that this website is run by Statoil who are according to their own statements, a leading company in oil and gas production. Seems to me you have found more proof for yourself for what you already believe.

While the Debate rages, leave us not drive the last nail in any coffin by the words of the oil companies.

Exactly, and why does science have to tell me we are indeed experiencing climate change as this globe always has. I don't need them to tell me whats evident with my own eyes.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Thing is we were not around during the last ice age so all we can do is specualte. There are many professionals who can no longer deny what's evident.

If I had my lap top back I could show you numerous links from credible sources who believe we are at the tipping point of major changes in regards to climate.

Research it for a few days....

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Well this report is not proof of anything guys?!?!?!.

Listen to radio 4 today. and Yes, you will hear that global warming has actually benefitted some species, and completely destroyed others. So it does not take a "Report" to assume that increase in heat benefits some life forms and does not benefit others.

So are you saying then....that global warming is ok...because on one hand you completely destroy habitats and life forms in one hand, and then make life better for other life forms? Are you saying that human impact should be ignored then.

I worry about your intellect if you read one report then say....YAY! Global warming is good.

Don't worry....we've made extinct a huge number of plants, species and animals and insects....but don't worry guys because we have more beetles?

I believe that is called Spin Doctoring.

I constantly worry for the world...when people can't balance an argument, see reason and logic, and simply use common sense. We are all doomed without these basic human concepts. Forget Global warming...

....its the Stupid we all have to fear.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Thing is we were not around during the last ice age so all we can do is specualte. There are many professionals who can no longer deny what's evident.

If I had my lap top back I could show you numerous links from credible sources who believe we are at the tipping point of major changes in regards to climate.

Research it for a few days....

No doubt we may on the tipping point of major changes, but at the same time, as you say, we can run models and study climate change history, but we ARE doing things to the climate that have never been done in the past... so past info is only so good...

What's even MORE useless though is half-baked theories based on people's desire for anthropogenic climate change to be false...

I only have to look at the Koch brothers funded study which doubled down on the very theory it was meant to be debunking... when it comes to climate change, big business is desperate for it to be "wrong" as it allows them to continue to act as if their decisions have no impact...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No doubt, it's all about filling the pockets with more priceless paper all the while the people suffer not to mention the very place we call home suffers.

Thing is, our home is going to fight back. She is not laying down for anyone to poke and prod her anymore and we see this.... It's evident!!

Oil is not something we should be taking, we need other ways!! It's like taking my blood out and expecting me to survive. It's a joke really!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The oil companies are melting the ice because there is oil to be exploited under it.

Millions of poor poople will die from the weather changes it will cause and a few texans will get fatter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join