It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conference Call: Dr. Paul is Willing, Seeking Indications of His Support for Third Party Run.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Submitted by James_Madison_Lives on Mon, 09/03/2012 - 18:15
in

Ron Paul 2012

Here is the low-down from the historic conference call last night (at call capacity, over 1,000 people.) I listened to a couple of hours of it, it went briskly and professionally. This is what Alaska delegate and call organizer Evan Cutler reported from his recent conversation with Ron Paul.

- Dr. Paul doesn't do Facebook or even computers much, so he doesn't have that sense of how much over-the-top support he has out here. He thinks he might not have enough to do a third party run even though he is open to it.

- If he does run, he would like us to be in the precincts as officials and poll watchers to keep it honest. There is no sense doing a run if they can just steal it. We are talking a big time, precinct-by-precinct operation. We have the numbers for it.

Here is an important exert from the responses tot he original thread:

The source is Alaska delegate Evan Cutler who organized Submitted by James_Madison_Lives on Mon, 09/03/2012 - 21:42. Permalink the conference call (there is another one Thursday) who reports he had a discussion with Dr. Paul in which he asked him if he would consider a third party ticket run. He says Dr. Paul told him he is willing but is not sure he has enough support for a third party run. That sounds just like our humble Dr. Paul, filling stadiums at UCLA to capacity but not sure of his support. Ya gotta love this guy.

YES! This humble man who filled stadiums to capacity is not sure he has enough support to win...
Personally I will continue to support his run for Presidency and the ugliness at the GOP level only fuels my fire.

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Its too late for him to run 3rd party.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
While Ron might not be great with computers and not understand the amount of support he has, he damn well should have someone working for him who is good with computers and can make it clear to him how much support he does have.

It would be inexcusable to not have someone on your staff responsible for tracking online support and relaying that message directly to him.

I love Ron Paul as much as anyone, but parts of his campaign have had less than desired affects and to not be aware of your online support at this stage in the game is embarrassing.

Plus, won't he have problems getting on ballots in a number of states as a third party candidate?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Its too late for him to run 3rd party.

its not about winning a third party run as much as it is about getting into the national debate and opening the eyes of millions of americans to the two party scam.

are we, ATS members really just going to sit here like morons and let two turds argue each other about 'who built what'?

or are we going to talk about real issues like the fed, imperialism, and civil liberties?

Ron Paul polls nationally 18-21% between Robamney, thats enough to get him into the national debates with the threshold being 15%, thats unless they change the rules and move the threshold like the RNC did with nominations.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
While Ron might not be great with computers and not understand the amount of support he has, he damn well should have someone working for him who is good with computers and can make it clear to him how much support he does have.

It would be inexcusable to not have someone on your staff responsible for tracking online support and relaying that message directly to him.

I love Ron Paul as much as anyone, but parts of his campaign have had less than desired affects and to not be aware of your online support at this stage in the game is embarrassing.

Plus, won't he have problems getting on ballots in a number of states as a third party candidate?

I don't think that is the case, I believe Ron Paul is too humble to really accept and acknowledge how much support he has.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

OH NO! I have seen enough of the shenanigans to last a lifetime. You are so right, that the real fear may have been him getting to speak at the National Debates in the first place because by God people would have to listen and then the people would vote for Ron Paul or the establishment.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I find it incredible Ron Paul doesn't understand how big his online support is, worldwide. Out of any politician anywhere, he owns the internet and no one else.

Let's go Dr. Paul, make a 3rd party run, whatcha got to lose?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see how many votes he would get.

Would he get more votes from Romney or from Obama? I think Obama would be more likely to win if Doctor Paul ran as a third party. Ross Perot got 18 million votes but that wasn't half of what he needed.

Dr. Paul's books are mostly about the economy so I think he would get most of his votes at Romney's expense.

Dr. Paul in the race could make either candidate make promises that would change the course of the future.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Of course the rules will be changed. They sure have no apprehension so far about changing them. The illusion of choice is not only laughable at this point, it's down right criminal.

This has been going on for a long time, it just took the internet to open our collective eye.

Either way, the next election cycle will be very, very interesting.

Mark my words, this one is already in the bag for Obama.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
It would be interesting to see how many votes he would get.

Dr. Paul in the race could make either candidate make promises that would change the course of the future.

Indeed. How do you personally see those changes actually happening verses a bunch of solid case lies to garner the votes and distract from Dr. Paul's economic recovery and fiscally responsible plan?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If Ron Paul ran third party, he would pave the way for future third party runs giving the two party system less and less power until maybe one day, they dwindle away if we fight hard enough. If he doesn't run, things would be the same.

What do you guys want? status quo? or chance at change? I mean..that is the ultimate question, isn't it?

Or do some have so much hatred for Ron Paul and what he stands for that they are willing to settle for whatever the establishment serves them in their doggie bowl?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is just getting sad. I had respect for rp, even though I disagree with a lot of his stances. But now he's just pandering. Reminds me of all of gore's challenges when he lost. There comes a point where you have to say "its over. We tried, I'm proud of the effort and accomplishments, but its over. "

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Indeed. How do you personally see those changes actually happening verses a bunch of solid case lies to garner the votes and distract from Dr. Paul's economic recovery and fiscally responsible plan?

I saw the C-SPAN rerun of the Contenders Series from 2011. Ross Perot was the last one in the series. It was said that his presence was the real reason for the Contract with America. The conspiratorially minded could say also that Mr. Perot was a factor in the economy picking up-- to get every one to dimiss the "giant sucking sound of jobs going south".
edit on 3-9-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Here is another possible tactic which we can use to get the message of Liberty out there, again from The Daily Paul post last nights conference call:

We NEED you not to give up. It’s not about winning the election, it’s about spreading the message of Liberty. If you will but give us two more months, you will magnify your life’s work and reach the largest audience yet. You will electrify your supporters and send an important message to those who would suppress fair participation in all parties. Your joining the Libertarian ticket will instantly get the polling up high enough that you will be included in the nationally televised debates. And we will bring tens of millions of dollars quickly to their struggling campaign. They are under attack by the Romney Campaign, trying to strip them of ballot access in several states, but they are in the very strongest position for your run…and your joining them will bring the support they need.

This may happen and if you have ever been to a Ron Paul speech or rally you will know that this man has not only the full support of millions of people but he also has a message for the American people about what is really happening and what we can do to change and chart the new course for America in a changing and dangerous world. He is no coward and is not bound by any party other than the Constitution and the American People, our land and our liberty.

As El Presidente stated in his post above, what matters most is that Ron Paul get to speak at the National Debates!
www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
This is just getting sad. I had respect for rp, even though I disagree with a lot of his stances. But now he's just pandering. Reminds me of all of gore's challenges when he lost. There comes a point where you have to say "its over. We tried, I'm proud of the effort and accomplishments, but its over. "

Haha.. you're comparing Ron Paul to Al Gore?

The fact of the matter is simple... the longer Ron Paul remains relevant, the better it is for us, the people. Do you disagree?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

That is what he's saying. Once you lead a massive amount of people and you fail, the only thing to do is ask them, shall I continue within the shadow of doubt.

He's asking us, right now. I highly doubt he cares about his image, he's getting up there in age.

Do I stand behind the good Dr.? I sure do.

That's all he's asking.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by MysticPearl

I don't think that is the case, I believe Ron Paul is too humble to really accept and acknowledge how much support he has.

That's both positive and negative.

Positive because it's his true nature, he really is a great man who cares deeply about this nation and where it's heading and that's one of the many reasons I support him.

But it's also negative as presently, and recently, it was and is not the time to be unaware of your full support and the imprint you have made in such a high stakes game. I know it goes against who he is, but now is not the time to be humble to the point you don't take full advantage of your support, and that's why he needs the right people in his ear.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Haha.. you're comparing Ron Paul to Al Gore?

The fact of the matter is simple... the longer Ron Paul remains relevant, the better it is for us, the people. Do you disagree?

Only comparing the tactic, not the people.

I don't agree. But then, I don't agree with a whole lot of paul's ideas and stances, so I don't imagine I will see eye to eye on that with paul supporters. I respect what he has done from a grass roots level, but I believe much of what he intends to do would hasten the demise of this country 10 fold.

I guess I see it like this: this tactic is political suicide, and if he wasn't. Close to the end of his career, he wouldn't be doing it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by captaintyinknots

That is what he's saying. Once you lead a massive amount of people and you fail, the only thing to do is ask them, shall I continue within the shadow of doubt.

He's asking us, right now. I highly doubt he cares about his image, he's getting up there in age.

Do I stand behind the good Dr.? I sure do.

That's all he's asking.
fair enough, I didn't really consider it from that standpoint. I still do believe he would better better served to say "its over" and take his voice out of the political zone and into the private sector. But you did put it in a different light for me, and I thank you for that.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

How did you get PANDERING from all that?

Seriously. The only reason Ron is undecided if he will run third party is because he knows the RNC needs to be held accountable, changing the political debate, and his supporters WANT him to run.

Just like his supporters lobbied him to run in 88, 08, and 12.
edit on 3-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join