It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Yr Old Hostage Gunned Down By Police While Escaping Captor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Honestly, the thing that really makes me crazy is that there were 3 people who shot when no weapon was in sight. This is an overload of bad judgement and at the very least, needs to be examined.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatweirdchick2814
Honestly, the thing that really makes me crazy is that there were 3 people who shot when no weapon was in sight. This is an overload of bad judgement and at the very least, needs to be examined.

I agree!

And all three should be charged with murder.

Held to a higher standard, they should be!

How about, be sure you are killing the right person.

Or face criminal charges.

Bad guy commits murder, goes to jail.
Police commits murder, goes to jail.

Murder is murder.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RationalDespair

I do not blame them for killing him...the conditions were right for that kind of response. They acted as they were intially trained to do.

I do think personally they should have verified the victim as a threat though, but I do not fault the reaction of the police...there is that more clear?

Maybe if he had listend to police to stop and get down....he'd still be alive. or at the very least less holy.

No contradition there...Im stating a personaly belief and backing it up with another personal belief...

They are not at fault in the bare minimum of the encounter...could they have done more? Sure....but Im not knocking the action...therefore no contradiction exists.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
If the guy didnt comply to police orders...then yes they will shoot you in those circumstances....they heard a gun shot, the door opened....and without knowing what the perp looked like they shot him.

Im surprised it doesnt happen more often.

Honestly I dont see how the police are at fault for this...granted they should have hesitated....yet when gun fire is involved would you expect any less of a reaction?

They did know what the perp looked like, as when they turned up they where greeted with a guy with a gun. Surly when another guy came out not matching the description of the guy they seen when they arrived, then they shouldnt have gunned him down.

Plus im sure you reaction would have been different if it was one of your loved ones which was shot by the so called people which are suppose to protect us.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by felixjames20

Ok, well how did they know that there was only one? maybe there was 2? Point is, if he didnt comply with a police command, he was gonna get perferated. Thats standard now and days.

And perhaps if it was a loved one I may feel differently...maybe.....until that happens...you'll get no sympathy from me.

The real question would be, why was he in a hotel room with 4 others? Who was he hangin around with that put him in this situation? wrong place wrong time? Or a victim of the element that his party attracted?

He would have had a better chance trying to disarm the perp rather than run into the police. You guys act like this isnt common now and days. You should get used to it, I doubt anything will come of it. And nothing you say out of discord is gonna change that.

The police are still gonna be the police, and they are reactionary. Your defense lies with you, not the police. This is a fine example of that. Its the police's job to restore and maintain order....not protect you from your own shortsightedness. Police carry guns to protect them, not to protect you.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

If the guy didnt comply to police orders...then yes they will shoot you in those circumstances....they heard a gun shot, the door opened....and without knowing what the perp looked like they shot him.

Honestly I dont see how the police are at fault for this...granted they should have hesitated....yet when gun fire is involved would you expect any less of a reaction?

Simple. Simple common sense apparently both you and those police lack. If you don't see a weapon you don't start shooting. It's called return fire. Saying they 'heard a shot' doesn't excuse them for not actually looking for a gun, especially when hostages are involved. The police are negligent in this case and should be held accountable.

Anyone looking for employment in law enforcement should first take this into consideration, that you WILL be held accountable if you shoot blindly at innocent people who need your help.
edit on 4-9-2012 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This was a tough one to judge. I don't think the cops should be 100% to blame for this though. Put yourself in the shoes of the police officer. If you hear a gun go off with a hostage situation and see someone running that may be your first instinct. The cops have family as well. Regardless of who is to blame it's the fact that we even have to deal with crazy people that put innocent people, whether they are cops or citizens, in risk of losing their lives.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Who the hell would kneel down right there while being shot at by the gunman. It seems the police wanted him shot and it was one those setups.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This did not happen in the good old days!

the police need to stop hireing kids who traind on a play station.
kill ever thing you can see.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Are You Out Of Your Tree! You don't fire on someone unless they're firing on you!!!!!! Unarmed victim!!! No need for gunfire and it's always been illegal to use it in situations without lethal threat to the officer.

No, we aren't going to allow them to change those rules for otherwise its a POLICE STATE.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

yes...would a white middle age women have been gunned down in the same manner??

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

IIRC the incident happend at night...in the dark.....no clear certainty if a weapon was present, hence they fired.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Probably not.......

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Not for nothing, but if i heard a gun shot, and someone comes running at me....Im gonna be ready to throw down the lead...plain and simple.

The fact that he did not comply with police commands is why he got shot.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The real question is what is going on these guy's heads. I'm literally DYING to know what these guys are thinking RIGHT NOW. Like "I can't wait to watch the new episode of America's Got Talent" or "Hmmm I wonder what we're having for dinner".

It would be quite amusing if those were their thoughts seeing as how they just killed an innocent man. It's like GTA. I for one would pay top dollar for their thoughts.
edit on 4-9-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The real question would be, why was he in a hotel room with 4 others? Who was he hangin around with that put him in this situation? wrong place wrong time? Or a victim of the element that his party attracted?

A better question would be, did he have a trial before the trigger-happy cops executed him?

You've listed his apparent crime.... guilt by association?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

To serve and protect, you have eyes for a reason, noone should fire unless told to fire, you see some dude running out a building gauranteed his hands werent facing the cops so how can u assume he has a gun, sure if he puts his hands straight forward like hes holding something but i doubt thats the case. this is a case of retardation on the cops behalf.. I think its all our faults cuz these cops dont get punished. all u have to do is make a example of one, use that propaganda machine called the tv to #ing gangrape and hang a dumb ass cop then see how many mroe do stupid #.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The really sad part is, I am, by far, more afraid of the police than any home invasion, robbery, etc and incidents such as this is the reason. They do not see us as innocent until proven guilty anymore, they just see degrees of guilty.
It's a vicious circle. The cops know they are feared and hated, so they respond to any perceived threat with force,
usually far too much. Then, that is just more reason for us to fear and hate them. Dressing like a storm trooper and kicking down doors for small offences doesn't help either. I am almost 50 and can remember when the cops would come by the local tavern for lunch and no one would think anything of it because they had the best burgers in town. No one thought they were drinking on the job, just gettin' a cheeseburger and fries, talking to people. Now, they separate themselves from us and treat us like inferiors. People getting shot was a big story on the news, Now, it's just another day in the neighborhood. Can you say "Trigger Happy"? I knew you could.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Negligent homicide in it's purest definition.
2nd line.

No, this is more like Murder Under Color of Law.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The kidnapper opened fire at him in response but missed. As Henderson bolted out the door toward them, Woodbury police opened fire and cut him down.

So this kid was just shot at, got away and didn't comply with police, and they killed him?!?! He was probably scared out of his wits and didn't even hear the police shouting, in his mind his only safety WAS the police so he tried to get there as fast as he could. I can't even imagine what was going through his mind as they shot him.

Also, why do the police have to shoot to kill? Why couldn't they just put one is his leg if they felt threatened? He was carrying no weapon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join