learn more

19 Yr Old Hostage Gunned Down By Police While Escaping Captor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+31 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You have a hostage situation where a captive saw his chance to escape. When he took it, he was met with a barrage of police bullets. IMO, just another example of poorly trained, trigger happy people that are seemingly more and more intent on shooting 1st and asking questions later. Truly sad. You had these kind of crimes 20 years ago with criminals but not the resulting deaths from those sworn to a higher standard of ethics that are to serve and protect us. What happened to the training? You don't fix it if it isn't broke.
*** When the gunman who had been tormenting the group told Henderson to go to the window to see if any police were outside, Henderson took his chance and made a beeline for the door. The kidnapper opened fire at him in response but missed. As Henderson bolted out the door toward them, Woodbury police opened fire and cut him down.****
Star Tribune
edit on 3-9-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The po po saw a black man running.

The po po thinks a black man running is a bad guy.

The black man is now dead.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
the truly obscene thing is
these idiots walk scott free

they just place the blame
and all charges on the kidnapper

never mind that their fingers pulled the trigger

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Negligent homicide in it's purest definition.
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Wow this is insane!

Itchy trigger fingers and no common sense puts lives at risk!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
If the guy didnt comply to police orders...then yes they will shoot you in those circumstances....they heard a gun shot, the door opened....and without knowing what the perp looked like they shot him.

Im surprised it doesnt happen more often.

Honestly I dont see how the police are at fault for this...granted they should have hesitated....yet when gun fire is involved would you expect any less of a reaction?

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Reading the article, it would appear that the cops shot and killed him for not kneeling down when ordered, god bless them. i'm mad pleased that there is an ocean between me and the murderous fools some of you have the misfortune to have as police.

+37 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
If the guy didnt comply to police orders...then yes they will shoot you in those circumstances...

The real gunman fired a shot at him. Show me ONE sane person who will run out of a room with someone shooting at them- and stops right outside the door and gets on their knees! In the victim's mind, if he stops running he will get shot.

.they heard a gun shot, the door opened....and without knowing what the perp looked like they shot him.

Police are trained professionals. You don't go around shooting at random people because you do not know what the "perp" looks like- especially in a hostage situation!

Honestly I dont see how the police are at fault for this...granted they should have hesitated....

This is called a "contradiction". If you admit they should have hesitated- and they failed to do so- that is why they are at fault.

yet when gun fire is involved would you expect any less of a reaction?

From trained professionals? Yes I do expect less of a reaction. I expect them to assess the situation before they open fire.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Simple questions:

1. Was the guy holding any sort of weapon?
2. Did he make any aggressive moves towards the police?

Simply gunning him down because he "didn't comply with orders" is simply so effed up it's unbelievable.

There sure do seem to be a lot of seriously screwed up and trigger happy police across the pond. Simple threat assessment doesn't seem to be a consideration. Sure, I know it was probably a fast paced situation, but shooting someone multiple times for simply failing to comply with them before, it seems, being able to establish whether he was armed ot not is just incredibly stupid.

Another thing I have noticed in a lot of videos I have seen in recent years, is the tendency for everyone to suddenly open fire. It seems all it takes is for one cop to fire and the rest do as well, without even knowing why.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Here is what I don't get with situations like this and the cops.

Why can't cops realize that when someone is in this kind of situation, being held hostage, that when you YELL demands at the victim they probably aren't hearing you 100%. They are probably scared to death and I would imagine in that moment everything said to them is in like so motion. If you have ever been through something traumatic like this then you don't think properly. The poor guy was trying to save his life because he thought the guy was going to shoot him only to be shot by police. Sad story.

Are the cops we have today such wimps that no other method is used to detain people other than shooting?! Don't they have tasers? There are a lot of trigger happy cops around. Just locally we had a guy who was shot by police in front of a store. He wasn't armed either, just acting a little wacky like talking to himself, spitting and yelling at passerby's in their cars. There was no need for that cop to shoot this guy.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

How are you seeing a contradition in that statement, been reading a dicitonary? I said I didnt fault them for what they did..they're trained to do that. I simply pointed out they should have hesitated on the back end...you have a way of twisting intent...you and my ex ought to get together and go bowling.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
There has been threads here with post about the rejection of police officer candidates due to having too high of an IQ score.... They aren't hiring people that can reason rationally because they only expect them to react to a situation without thinking or questioning what is right or wrong... It has been ten years since I have spoken to a police officer that didn't appear to have a bad attitude and the ability to not see intelligent rational people as the enemy.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This was not a situation where they didn't have time to think. They had time to order him to the ground, so they probably saw that he was unarmed. They do not have the right to fire lethal weapons at someone who disobeyed an order. I thought that was why they had tasers? Or greater numbers sufficient to control an unarmed person. Besides, don't they know he was escaping gunfire from behind? He can't just stop and get down on the ground!

How much of a threat is one unarmed guy against a wall of cops with their weapons drawn? They really seriously felt threatened?? PUSSIES!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
yeah, pretty disturbing.

How do the UK police deal with these situations? Most of them...or so I have been told, do not carry guns. Only the special ops...aka...their equivalent to SWAT. I read an article a month or so ago that the German police fired 70 rounds in a year...in a year! Our good ole Boys fire that in two minutes or less for a traffic violation! (Just kidding-trying to inject humor into an ugly situation).

I sometimes feel history is def repeating itself...the Storm Troopers and the Gestapo have returned...only they aren't in Germany anymore.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by MrWendal

How are you seeing a contradition in that statement, been reading a dicitonary? I said I didnt fault them for what they did..they're trained to do that. I simply pointed out they should have hesitated on the back end...you have a way of twisting intent...you and my ex ought to get together and go bowling.

They´re trained to kill without thinking? Shoot first, ask questions later?

And yes, you were contradicting yourself. They should have hesitated and identified the victim before pumping his brain full of lead. They are to blame for the killing and betrayal of the people they are here to serve and protect.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I don't know how police officers can live with themselves when they take someones life like that out of their own fear. The city should demand a refund for all training those officers received and fire them on the spot. That would send a message to other officers to man up or quit the force.

The city should be sued if they don't fire the officers, you don't shoot someone for running when they have NOTHING in their hands and its a hostage situation. If you can't handle situations like that you shouldn't be in that line of work. Whatever happened to beanbag rounds or tackling the person running, are police trained to just shoot anyone who fails to do as they say no matter what.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Its an accident when the police kill people, they call it murder when anyone else does, go figure

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What this is, is a reality check in a smaller form. This is happening on a massive scale all over the world. The saying that the people would give up freedom for security is just this, in your neighborhood.

If more people saw this, and realized that finding and maintaining even the smallest amount of security, all the while ignoring who is being hired to protect them, less incidents like this would happen.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
the truly obscene thing is
these idiots walk scott free

they just place the blame
and all charges on the kidnapper

never mind that their fingers pulled the trigger

A very good point.

There was a case here in PA where a cop shot his partner in the back of the head during a shoot out with a criminal. The criminal was charged with the murder.

Granted, the criminals in these situations do hold some responsibility, but the cops do too.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Just sad.

The police are building an awful case against themselves.

How can we trust them?

They thought henderson was a threat as after a gun shot, he appeard running toward them, and not following their orders. Soooooo he fell in their ROE as a threat and they esculated force with force. Bang bang he's dead.

Their take...... It was justified.

Smdh

Couple things here.

Civilians need classes on how to deal with police to survive encounters.... Orrrrrr people will deal with police in a way that increases chances of survival.

Police are taught all civilians are potential muderers. Therefore, shoot first ask questions later. Do what you have to do to survive the shift.

We are being shown by them we should do the same. All police are potential muderers. We deserve to make it home alive also.

What are we to do?

I understand the stressors of thier job.

Accountability is not optional.

Murder is murder.

The law should not protect them.

Murder is murder.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join