It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organic food not much healthier: study

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Just want to save people money buddy ,shop for produce farmed locally,wash your fruit and veggies and your good to go

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I buy local most of the time if I can. Washing foods doesn't remove these pesticides, boiling them and disguarding the water does pretty well though. Steaming doesn't work nearly as good. I study how to fix the problem, not waste my time complaining about it. Can't boil lettuce though or other things in your salad.
A little pesticides won't hurt you, miticides are worse.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
People need to look up the word "organic". When did all natural become organic?

Anyway, did you know the orange carrot is not "organic", they were cultivated for William of Orange.
I wonder if orange carrots are the first GMO food

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Is Organic Healthier??

www.ctvnews.ca

Eating organic fruits and vegetables can lower exposure to pesticides, including for children -- but the amount measured from conventionally grown produce was within safety limits

Read more: www.ctvnews.ca...
(visit the link for the full news article)

I heard this on NPR news this morning and I got pissed off.
I love how they frame the issue "is organic healthier.. no 'scientists' say that organic does not show to be healthier"... ???

They imply that somehow you are going to get more WHAT out of your produce?

The point about Organic is that #1 you are NOT injesting toxic pesticide and herbicide residue
#2 Organic generally is grown (generally) in healthier soils. Generally. The issue with tradtional agriculture is that the soil minerals and nutrients are DEPLETED and constantly have to be added with petroleum based fertilizers. You are not getting the goodness in your food via main stream agriculture.

The whole framing of that question is retarded and just shows how the MSM is playing the majority of the public as fools who believe their lies!.

I would suggest researching PERMACULTURE for starters.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

I would rather ingest zero percent than a small amount deemed to be within healthy limits. All of these reports on how organic food is no better than non-organic is only propaganda meant to get people back on the poison GMO wagon. I read the ingredient labels and Stevie Wonder can see the difference. My food doesn't have GMOs, yellow #5 and #6, Red 40, TBHQ, BHT, etc... because I eat organic, so anyone saying that there is no difference is either very ignorant or they are a disinfo agent.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Following some recent events that have unfolded regarding Organic Farms being raided it seems now that the War is being brought to the MSM. The Propaganda machine looks to be starting to turn towards down playing Organic Food and the ever increasing assault on our choices. For a Country so worried about Obesity it would seem there would be a much broader educational approach to food in general and not a smear campaign being waged towards Organic Foods. This is a disturbing trend and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

www.ctvnews.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

Big booty hoes...up wit' it....ain't nuttin' but a hoochie mama, hood rat, hood rat, hoochie mama!!!!

lmao......man that brings back some serious high school memories.....

Anyway, on a serious note, TRUE 'DAT on the propaganda machine VS the organic movement.

The hands of TPTB try to keep us fat and stupid, while their mouths tell us lies about their concern for our health and well-being.

I live in a small town of about 12,500 people outside of Greater Houston and the town grocery store doesn't even offer organic fresh produce. Nothing, not even an apple or a grape.
No organic yogurt either.
The only organic I can get there is our milk and certain canned and frozen selections. That's it.

Plenty of Cheetoes and beer and pork chops and candy though.

Mmmmmm, pork chops and beer..........

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Personally I think that many organic foods are likely less dangerous than non-organic, but I feel that organic is often times used as a means to make a food more appealing and thus able to sell for more when it's not really worth any more. This doesn't apply to all organic foods, I figure that there are indeed some organic outlets that genuinely want to put out a safer option, but at the same time I think some outlets use the term organic as a means to make a larger profit.

Having said that I suppose the question "Is organic healthier" isn't such an easy answer. I think it can be and in some cases probably is, but there are other cases where it is not.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

In truth, organic food IS healthier. Sure, I pay a little bit more, but at least I know I'm not taking in a bunch of cancer-causing chemicals. "Studies" will say one thing, but I DO know everyone lives into their 90s in my family. And it tastes better too. Pharmaceutical companies set up sites with false information against natural supplements because they want their money. I will continue to go organic when I can as well as take my supplements. I feel healthier and that's what matters.

~LR

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
We all know it's impossible to escape the chemical exposure... but the important thing about labeled organic products is that they are supposed to be GMO free.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
People need to look up the word "organic". When did all natural become organic?

Anyway, did you know the orange carrot is not "organic", they were cultivated for William of Orange.
I wonder if orange carrots are the first GMO food

Don't be fooled by the term "All Natural" on food packaging.

For food to be labelled "Organic", there are stringent guidelines and restrictions that must be met throughout the growing and harvesting process.

"All Natural" on a packaging label basically just means that the chicken you are buying is actually a chicken. Even so, if they use "natural" fillers &/or preservatives, it can still be labelled as natural.
One of the "natural" fillers that is most commonly used is cellulose.....aka--sawdust.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
These studies are done to keep the mass's from trying anything outside of their comfort zone. Those who eat organic food already know its better, and would never go back to conventional if given a choice. So the purpose of these studies is to stop people that eat conventional food, from trying organic to begin with. It is genius, but it is ashame. For those of us that eat organic, congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Skip the porkchop. The old saying there is a porkchop in every beer applies. Just drink beer

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Dont tell me, the study was funded by those connected somehow to Monsanto or Mon-Satan as it should be called
edit on 4-9-2012 by TheMindWar because: Edit

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by Unity_99

Neither organic nor conventional food is better or worse than the other. But as the demand for organic food increases, so does the myth that it must have higher nutrient values.
theconversation.edu.au...

How would you or anyone know, a generation has not grown up on GMO food yet.

I noticed the report was shown on the news with many many people buying at a Farmers Market. This is totally about anger in cutting into the profits of large corps.

I have seen the same thing as Walmart came to town and bought out any small business still competing and across the border Fred Meyer did the same. There was still a Ma & Pop Drug Store flourishing so they bought it out.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
look folks- it's fairly simple.....
"organic" means less hospital bills in the future. Big Pharma- as it's called- has figured out that by poisoning people with food, their profits go up in the long run.
look at the western typical diet and then look at the Indian or Japanese traditional diet and you will see why americans are called barbarians.
you may think people won't ingest something that they know is poison but look at cigarettes, alcohol, McDonalds and so on.
"organic" is a way of life and a way of thinking that number-oriented (or even study-oriented) people can not comprehend. It is 1+1= 3 mathematics....

think about this: human & animal manure can be used to grow leafy greens like lettuce, chard, etc. For vegetables and fruits you'd need phosphorus which isn't in manure but rather in our bones....using people to fertilize would really make people more conscious of their foods, wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye
look folks- it's fairly simple.....
"organic" means less hospital bills in the future. Big Pharma- as it's called- has figured out that by poisoning people with food, their profits go up in the long run.
look at the western typical diet and then look at the Indian or Japanese traditional diet and you will see why americans are called barbarians.
you may think people won't ingest something that they know is poison but look at cigarettes, alcohol, McDonalds and so on.
"organic" is a way of life and a way of thinking that number-oriented (or even study-oriented) people can not comprehend. It is 1+1= 3 mathematics....

think about this: human & animal manure can be used to grow leafy greens like lettuce, chard, etc. For vegetables and fruits you'd need phosphorus which isn't in manure but rather in our bones....using people to fertilize would really make people more conscious of their foods, wouldn't it?

also- if organic and conventional are "the same" why is only ORGANIC food allowed into the White House, hmmmm?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Debunked: Ridiculous study claims organic same as conventional

Man I got a bumper harvest of organic produce this summer. I used humanure compost -- that's how the Berber village I visited has lived for thousands of years.

The taste of the food as all the micronutrients -- this is why the Swedish Environment Institute promotes humanure composting as ecological sanitation or Ecosan.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What about the growth hormones in milk that started the whole organic front for milk
or did I miss something. Contamination is everywhere how could that be missed.
Buy from a farmer that knows the farm and see the plants grow and cows feed.
The cases of deadly product is avoided by the Organic farm and hormone ingredients
in milk not an issue. Big NWO Illuminati run farms and industry are the problem due
to financial backers helping those giants instead of the small Obama farmer.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's not just about how one or the other affects the body; it is also about sustainable practices. Pesticides are poisonous and pollute the air, land, and water. Organic farming does not do this. Not to mention that organic means not GMO, but the topic of the affects of GMO's on the body is for an entirely different thread.

Also, just because conventionally farmed crops have levels within safety standards does not make it the same as organic because organic does not have any levels of pesticides other that what might already be in the air and soil from neighboring "conventional" farms.

And as for the title: Not MUCH healthier is still healthier.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join