Organic food not much healthier: study

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Early death happens to so many I think, now I know that years ago the average lifespan was much shorter, but this isn't years ago. They say style is cyclical, supposedly bell bottoms will make a comeback and perhaps they already did with boot cut, but does that mean that short lifespans need to be making a comeback. My girlfriend said she once read that human corpses take significantly longer to decompose these days due to an abundance of preservatives saturating the body. Now I can't vouch for the validity of that statement as I did not read or research that myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

Funny though... Here I am talking about healthy eating while gnashing on a popular candy bar
edit on 3-9-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
organic far better than the genetically modded rubbish that tastes like @%&@*!!! or the chem filled rubbish ...
wont touch either as get sick after first bite ... cant eat that stuff westerners call food get violently sick from it ...
grow my own or get fresh from the jungle ... nothing better than fresh un-modded .. chem free fruit and vegetables...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

May I join you ? haha
I try to eat as healthy as i can, but yea whenever i eat standard western food, im left feeling bloated and gross.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Sounds like msg.

Kidding but i do think that most heath problems lie within the digestive tract and nutrition.
www.brightsideben.com...
Check his radio programs out!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by Expat888

May I join you ? haha
I try to eat as healthy as i can, but yea whenever i eat standard western food, im left feeling bloated and gross.

anytime ... though might be bit of difficult trip to get out here in the boonies of s.e asia ...
got some fresh mango and dragonfruit that picked this morning ... going fishing for dinner in little while ..

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Whatever is is produce wise, wash it really well. You don't want the pesticides from chemicals, and you don't want the salmonella from natural fertilizers either.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I eat about half organic and half not. I have no problem with some foods being commercial. The organic and natural grown foods taste a lot better though. I also try to buy locally produced foods if possible. I would like to be able to eat all organic but some of the organic foods cost so much more. I noticed that I don't have to eat as much organic food to get satisfied though so that makes up for much of the cost.

Overall, I would have to say I feel organic is healthier. It doesn't have to be certified to be healthy though, a good local farmer often grows things without adding any chemicals. Most selling locally only spray chemicals if they have to. There is a lot wrong with the western diet, lots more than whether you eat organic or not. We are eating foods that we have not evolved to eat and are timing the consumption wrong. Five course meals in the exact right order. something to stimulate acid first, high protein foods while acid is high, breads or other acid reducing foods and milk a little after. Without enough stomach acid you can't use B12 and can't process some minerals.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crankySamurai

This is my thought as well

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

The bottom line is (and I may be wrong..often times I am) that there is no regulation as to what Local or Organic means...What that means is that any grower can label there product anyway the see fit to sell and make a profit. So..as usual, buyer be where (please forgive any grammatical or miss spelling errors)

edit on 3-9-2012 by Texan123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Texan123

I know some of the regulations for organic from talking to people who went that way. Five years of rest on land would allow it to be considered organic. The people I know haven't put anything in their fields for twenty years and all their cows have been grown mostly farm fed for that time. They had to wait five years to get certified, the same as a farmer who was using loads of chemicals the year before applying does. Many of those chemicals don't leave the soils in five years. A loophole. I try to buy from people who owned their property for years and will tell you what they really used. Know the chemical and then know how to neutralize it. Don't complain find the antidote.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I have also heard of an anecdote that states that commercial Farmers joke about the fact that organic fields are situated right up next to commercial fields...the point being that the Chemical runoff....renders the organic fields...a tainted false...I am sorry for no reference...I am new...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Texan123

You don't need a reference for that, that is common knowledge. There is sometimes cross pollination between GM/organic crops that way also.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I have been eating organic ever since I moved from Houma to Baton rouge. The so-called organic in B.R. tasted like dirt.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Labeling seems to have been over looked so far; sellers were making a stink about organic labeling because they were losing profits, just because you see organic printed on it doesn't clearly mean what one may think it means. So knowing the difference is important.
www.organic.org...
www.thedailygreen.com...
www.treehugger.com...

The label issues have has been a problem for several years now, and when big corps and lobbyists and government red tape get into the mix you know things have gotten worse since.
edit on 4-9-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp grammar

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I grew up in the countryside where the food was mostly organic, grown locally and tasted like they are supposed to.

Now we choose carefully and mostly ethically sourced, organic if possible, and very rarely processed.

We also don't drink tap water, we use bottled mineral and spring water for drinks and cooking and recently when trying dairy alternatives like various soya milks which contain tap water, got stomach cramps and literal burning feeling, I felt ill for at least a week.

This report today in the UK agrees organic is a safer and healthier option.

uk.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - Organic produce and meat typically isn't any better for you than conventional food when it comes to vitamin and nutrient content, although it does generally reduce exposure to pesticides and antibiotic-resistant bacteria, according to a U.S. study.
edit on 4-9-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-9-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
LOL how brainwashed do you have to be to believe non organic is more healthy? Dont watch to much TV kids!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
many commercial organic foods are treated with organic chemicals to make them last longer for transit to the stores. These organic chemicals are not really better than the inorganic ones. If you pick beets from the garden the tops get wilted and soft within a day, when they are in the store they are many days old. They aren't very wilted either.

Our digestive system needs to break down things at various points throughout it's length. Slowing down this digestion causes things to be taken apart at the wrong point. This can render the food useless and increase toxic output of our digestive system. Bio-availability at the right time in the digestive tract is crucial many times. Grown right in your own garden is best. I am sure the overeducated idiots testing these things aren't taking everything into consideration. They test commercial certified organic against commercial regular. Test some out of someones organic heritage garden, the truth will be revealed.

Money talks, BS walks. Where did they get the money from for their study? Who donated money for their organization lately? Who supplied the parameters for their testing? So many questions.

I say organic tastes better, sometimes it does taste like dirt though. That's a problem with something in the soils they are growing the stuff in, maybe too rich or something. Add a little sand to the soil, the silica will help I think and it will add a little sheen to the product..

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I can say for a fact that homegrown/organic is much better.

i helped convert my parents backyard into a miniature "farm".. the taste of the food my mom makes is soo much better... have you ever ate a natural farm chicken egg or homegrown potato? try it once. you can compare both taste and you will def see a difference.

Free from pesticides area bonus.

Even thought commercially sold food are within safety limit, the main problem is the accumulation of those nasty things.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
From external source:
www.bbc.co.uk...

Organic food 'not any healthier'
Eating organic food confers no health benefit, according to researchers at Stanford University, although it can cut your exposure to pesticides.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Stanford University is a private university which gets all it's funding from the private sector. Can you see how this could effect how the results are perceived by the university? I am just stating that motive of perception should be evaluated when judging release of information.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join