It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what actual proof of 'prison planet" is there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have for years now seen many members talk about Earth being a "prison planet". Why do you believe this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I keep seeing it mentioned by members, so I used the search feature,and mostly only got alex jones references. The above link is one of the only ATS articles about an actual prison planet that came up, and it was quite old.

So just because my curious nature wont let me rest until I find the answers I seek, I figured one of you hard hitting ATSers could fill me in, as any article i would find through google etc. Will more likely than not, be far less informed than ATS members in the know about the subject.

Honestly this theory really intersts me to no end, and I would like to know what you all think. Any and all input will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I found a couple more references now, but nothing since 09. And nothing that gives me the answers I am looking for.
edit on 3-9-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't necessarily believe it is a prison planet but I can see why it could be considered one.
So far we haven't been able to go physically further than our moon.

Maybe once we send a manned crew to Mars this theory can change.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I don't necessarily believe it is a prison planet but I can see why it could be considered one.
So far we haven't been able to go physically further than our moon.

Maybe once we send a manned crew to Mars this theory can change.

Mars is a waste land. I think you would have to be out of the galaxy to really test the idea (that is, if you believe in this idea -which to me is more sane than believing in the bible- even if I don't hold to it myself)

Essentially, it could be a prison galaxy as well.

But in the grand scheme of things, human life is full of suffrage so it wouldn't be that crazy that the grand pie in the sky was throwing us into this cesspool to teach us a lesson. When you think about it, the people that do best in life usually get drowned out by all their vices...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Remind me of a quote of William S. Burroughs,

"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature. There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games. All games are basically hostile. Winners and losers. We see them all around us: the winners and the losers. The losers can oftentimes become winners, and the winners can very easily become losers."

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's because i have to live by the simple minded rules that i know i'm in chains.
It is humanity that enslaves me to the point that i feel like disowning humanity.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
All pretty good responses so far. I was kinda thinking the same thing as has been posted so far. I kinda assumed that most meant it as a metaphor, at least that is how i took it to mean.

Still though it does seem like at least a few are more litteral about their use of the word. Like we are intentionally stuck here, as a racially based punishment for some far removed past evils, in a long forgotten history of man.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The fact that everything we own is being taken away from us by the wealthy elite and there are more and more laws designed to restrict our liberties and actions.

That's what makes this a prison planet.

Because really, there's nowhere else you can go for freedom anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Understanding our reality and having compassion for the injustices that come along with the understanding does weigh heavily on ones mind without the knowledge to make changes that would end suffering for all humans.

I think that a lot of people get to a point where climbing on a cross and giving their own life to end suffering of their fellow man would be the easy way out.

On the other hand i could just mentally block out all the bs i have seen in my life and selfishly go about living it up spending blood money with no concern for others.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
actually, as a meme, it more refers to the metaphysical worldview equivalent of the glass half empty. we are here to suffer rather than to learn and grow.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

It's not "proof", but if you are interested in the metaphysical concept of this being a prision planet you might want to check out the Hidden_Hand thread from 2008, Window of Opportunity. He mentions this being a prison planet starting on page 2.

I think most of his writing was based off "The Law of One" material, though some who follow "Law of One" state that the "prison planet" concept conflicts with "Law of One".

There are also those that believe the hidden_hand thread was just one big troll.

new topics

top topics

join