It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Hard Reality

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

My thoughts are these:

1. Tummo appears to be a legitimate practice. Unfortunately, it is more of a showman's skill than a practical skill.

2. Most of these demonstrations suggested the monks performed for 15 minutes at the most. Most likely, although not actually stated, if they were forced to meditate using Tummo for, say, 4 days caught under an avalanche, it would kill them.

3. Likewise, the performer did his performance in the middle of a city with ice. First, ice melts when placed against the body, so his hour and half was not as bad as it seemed because the ice probably melted and his feet warmed the gathering pool to help keep circulation going. Obviously I cannot prove this from the YouTube video, but, it's what happens whenever I take an ice-bath, and I'm not as large as the gentleman performing the feat. Second, the gathered heat of a city, a crowd, and the like would have effected the conditions. Even if just minutely, that's now two steps which disconnect him from the wilderness Tummo practitioners.

4. I didn't know that I was performing Tummo back in high school. But, seeing your video, I was. I used to meditate outside in the snow for 10 minutes every other day during the winter. Unlike most people, heat bothered me and clouded my focus, but the cold allowed me to hone in and concentrate better. To this day I still cannot meditate or take walks in the middle of a summer day. Yet I can walk through the night on an autumn or winter day. I had no idea what Tummo was until looking it up in response to your inquiries... but if I can mirror their accomplishments, as a teenager, not using any of their techniques... then maybe there's nothing more to Tummo then proper control of breathing and muscle movement.

Those are my thoughts. Your own?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by MamaJ

If God is both all forms, and all dimensions, then God is form and dimension. It requires special pleading, and the complete disregard for the laws of nature to say God has no form and no dimensions, except for every form, and every dimensions. Either God is, or is not, form and dimension. He cannot be both.

~ Wandering Scribe

He is not both.... He is without..... Outside of it all. Read it again.

We, in the material world are the only ones bounded by such laws of form and dimensions. Matter is not a law placed on God, himself.

In other words, we use the tools given by the eternal thinker and we are the movers of such thought.

Without his eternal mind and knowing, there is zero thought and or existence by which we experience.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Originally posted by MamaJ

reply to post by MamaJ

Implied is that we are capable of awareness beyond the sum of our parts and yes those parts are made of matter.

Time is a form of communication
Consciousness transcends all
states that can be conceived as
matter.

Matter communicates its existence
to consciousness though time.

Man is infinite
God is more
than Infinite

Juan.

edit on 14-9-2012 by Kashai because: Added content

I totally agree and would like to expand thoughts here....

In my view God is without form of which all things are the form.

He is also without dimensions or proportions but contains all dimensions and proportions within its own true nature.

This appears in the apocalyptic of the New Testament.

So his true nature is the power of thought.... An eternal thinker.

In consideration what we can comprehend as subjective, can have form in respect to the objective. Sub-atomic particles exhibit retro-causality.

Perception to date has allowed us to survive to this day.

Created at the same time takes another meaning if we could perceive time the way atoms did.

Any thoughts?

Quantum mechanics? :-)

Here are my thoughts....

Perception / senses do allow for our survival, I agree.

Yes, sub atomic particles do exhibit retrocausality. This should be of no surprise ( in my mind) as I consider time being in a complete circle. We, in time, are going back in time. I can also look at it from the stand point that the past is recorded and the cause has lapsed.

As time slows down ( if it is) we will begin to see many changes in the universe and within our self, or so I would think.

It seems as certain boundaries or laws are being lifted. Are we coming close to being our natural selves again? Are we approaching the brightest light ( photon band)? Will the human being be also found in the past without a cause, just an effect of life? I have no idea but this is the way my mind works, connecting dots. :-)

As we approach the solar systems photon belt we have unmanned space probes studying our own photon belt. Hmmmmmm?

I believe this will change things as we know it, rather quickly...... But what do I know? Lol

The maya speak of a golden age, however there has already been a golden age.... In the beginning, back in time.

I'm looking for DNA changes as evidence..... Just in case.

www.naturalnews.com...

edit on 16-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

From a clinical standpoint the events offered in the video, result in death to those who are not trained.

The video presents precisely what a person can do with this training. Meaning spending hours outdoors with very little clothing in frigid conditions and staying immersed in water beyond 10 or 15 minutes , whose temp is below 40F. This is one of those,under no circumstances would you try this at home senarios.

With respect to the context of practicality it is an advantage in survival.

In respect to the topic it present that any human has the capacity to modify his or her autonomic nervous system, by applying a religious belief.

I understand this is the first time you have been exposed. to Tummo

Hypothermia (from Greek υποθερμία) is a condition in which core temperature drops below the required temperature for normal metabolism and body functions which is defined as 35.0 °C (95.0 °F). Body temperature is usually maintained near a constant level of 36.5–37.5 °C (98–100 °F) through biologic homeostasis or thermoregulation. If exposed to cold and the internal mechanisms are unable to replenish the heat that is being lost, a drop in core temperature occurs. As body temperature decreases, characteristic symptoms occur such as shivering and mental confusion.

Hypothermia is the opposite of hyperthermia which is present in heat exhaustion and heat stroke. One of the lowest documented body temperature from which anyone has recovered was 13.0 °C (55.4 °F), in a near-drowning incident involving a 7-year-old girl in Sweden in December 2010.[1]

Source
en.wikipedia.org...

Any thoughts?

edit on 16-9-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Our physical structures are attenuated, to a condition of reality, where subjective experiences are objective. What we today define as objective, their, is what is subjective.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Our physical structures are attenuated, to a condition of reality, where subjective experiences are objective. What we today define as objective, their, is what is subjective.

Ok... So in other words, what are you trying to say in regards to the last post?

Is that a response to the DNA?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes it is

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join