It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning of our dreams and the lack of focus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I just wrote up a short story about a dream I had. Whispers beyond the dark veil
(If you like the story, feel free to give me a flag
)

Anywhom, this got me thinking, about the future, and what is happening now. I know our dreams means something, but I was wondering if I could get a few opinions on this and possibly what it truly means. I have unlocked some meaning, but there are still things i probably haven't unlocked yet.

I decided to write it up s a short story, but also wanted to grab a few opinions from those who are working towards ascension.

It would mean alot.

On another note: Has anyone experienced weird dreams lately involving humanity's evolution? A few friends of mine has had vivid dreams lately, that keeps reminding of the dream I posted above. ^

[boff main topic question: Does anyone know any games that would help train the mind and grant me focus? I noticed that while meditating or doing anything, my focus tends to drift off. When I was a kid, i used to have quite a bit of focus, especially when I played video games. This has changed dramaticaly over the years, but it is something I noticed the other day as I ended up frustrated, and nearly cried from it.

What do you do to gain focus?
edit on 3-9-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i have the same problem, i was rly rly good at focusing, even had a OBE or something. Would like to know some tricks to focus. As i suck at meditating atm. (also was a very good computer player
, reflexes is gone, no adrenaline trigger from playing anymore :S)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wonder what my dream of me being a NAVY seal killing zombies was all about....

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Indeed, a few tips and tricks would be great to regain focus, especially during meditation.

reply to post by Iron7

Didn't you hear? We are inside a zombie apocalypse as we speak
. ( I just gave you a clue) lol

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My advice for focus would be not to focus.

Trying to focus on a specific thing, like the lack of thought in meditation, only makes it harder.

If you try to meditate, and you can't clear your mind, try again later. It helps me to have dedicated times as well.

As for dreams, I have had dozens of interesting ones regarding humanity and everything.

Each one is like a lesson, or a specific point. Not randomness like most dreams.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I have some trouble keeping my mind clear as well, especially when i try to astro project.
My advice is, your trying too hard. You must remember, things happen for a reason, and they happen at a curtain time for a reason too. Keep trying, but note that when you are trying to keep a clear mind, you emotions shouldn't come into play!!
Lesson" Keep a CLEAR and PATIENT mind, don't let lack of patience frustrate you and don't lose vision niether. Just keep trying and let things come to you!!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You can try concentrating upon your breathing and there is also the idea of generating a mantra. Mantra's are complicated and as a example can be everything you know and understand about ascension.

Ideally during meditation your trying to reach a state of awareness, in relation to brain activity.

very similar to states as related to sleep.

But in this case you are conscious and so therefore better equipped to comprehend, meaning behind these alternative perspectives as to how were are oriented.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jordanAKbramsen

Keep trying, but note that when you are trying to keep a clear mind, you emotions shouldn't come into play!!

This is interesting, I have a question, Does the emotions also include love? Do I need to separate myself from all emotions?

reply to post by Kashai

Aye, i've tried generating mantras aswell. It works well on raising heart vibration, but then the focus would shift. Its like.. my mind is not my own. And the thoughts feels like they force their way into the meditative state.

But I will keep trying. I know if I regain focus once more, I can accomplish many things.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Interesting ideas I will try

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Actually the first dreams one has when one goes to sleep relate to the days problems (as evidence in sleep studies). Given that meditation follows a similar path, when entering a meditative state, one would be exposed to what apparently are distractions from the real purpose of meditation. That would probably be a good time to focus upon breathing and ones real purpose for mediation.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
purpose of dreams is to get rid of emotional trauma.

------

Key to easing a painful memory? Dream about it - Vitals -

vitals.nbcnews.com...

But scientists say they now know what dreams are for: they sooth the sting out of troubling memories. And when dreams don’t do their job, horrific memories can take over a person’s life, as they do with PTSD, a new study suggests. Matthew Walker and colleagues at the University of California, Berkeley, found that the brain uses dreams to strip the emotional content from memories of painful events.

Here's another one
Dreams Can Heal Mental Wounds - Alice G. Walton - The Atlantic - www.theatlantic.com...

-----

Ask young children (

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Hi RisenAngel

With regard to your title of this thread "The meaning of our dreams..."

In my opinion...

Dreams and the information within is a very personal experience that relates to the person having that dream/experience.

Two people could have exactly the same dream but the symbolism or meanings can be very different for each person.

There are also different kinds of dreams, some dreams are just the brain or mind making sense of the days events, some dreams deal with stress on whatever is 'troubling you' and some dreams are 'teachings' or 'glimpses' from the 'higher realms/ dimensions'

The meaning of dreams depends a lot on the person, there are of course generic meanings to certain types of dreams and events or symbolism within the dream but these are still a personal experience, that in my opinion should be kept personal.

Also, be skeptical if somebody says they can tell you the exact meaning of your dream and what it means for you...

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

With regard to meditation, focus or concentration, try these I posted in an other threads, it may or may not work for you....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
over the years i have had many vivid/lucid dreams. i don't think any of them have had profound meaning; i have never dreamed a future event. i do think that dreams may be another reality or a higher level of Consciousness. there are many good websites out there that can help you with dreaming

www.dreamviews.com...

this is the one i use. having a dream and then realizing that you are in a dream and can control aspects of the dream is pretty cool.

new topics

top topics

join