It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Storage Food

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I saw the ad for Lindon Farms Storage foods and I decided to check it out. I went to their website and have been looking at their products.

I don't want to spam so I'm not posting a link.

I'm thinking of trying out one of their one month supply things next month to see how feasible it would be. If it works out, I might get more of this in order to avoid grocery shopping. I prefer to have my food delivered to me, and this seems like a good way to get it delivered.

However, the prices seem high. For example one year supply costs $11,000. A one month supply for one person costs $70 when it's not on sale.

However, despite my misgivings I still want to try this and see how it goes.

So the question I put to you guys is have you had any experience with this kind of survival food and how did it work out for you?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sorry no I haven't, I do want to bump this thread cause I am interested in the replies too. I know the Mormons sell dried foods for a year etc, I am gonna check out this group.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I have never heard of them selling their food, only giving you access to their equipment to can/preserve your own food. Let me know if they sell though, I would trust them more. Also looking forward to other replies on this thread. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
While easy to store, the price is there short comings. I bought a 1 month supply from them. Donated it to a soup kitchen. Do you have any army navy surplus stores around you. I bought 400 MRE for about 200 dollars. Simple and easy to store and they are good for years some also offer you the 2000 calories in one meal.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

I was just looking at MRE's on the web, they look to be a better deal, cheaper, perhaps some military people could weigh in on taste? Company called Long life food depot.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

However, the prices seem high. For example one year supply costs $11,000. A one month supply for one person costs $70 when it's not on sale.
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

How many people does the one-year supply feed? Shelf life?
Thats alot of money! Even for 4 people.

I'd opt for Dollar General/Grocery store for that amount, and rotate the food if necessary.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

Any way to order online?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I am not a military person, but I can tell you that most of the "military surplus" MRE's that you will buy online are anything but. Most of them simply meet military specifications and nothing more. I would recommend buying some samples to try before you purchase any quantity of MRE from wherever you are looking. I have had some that are not bad at all, and I have had some that I wouldn't even feed my dog. Definitely try before you buy.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

You make a point. I was thinking MRE as opposed to dried because of not being able to count on a heat source. I was without electric for 10 days not that long ago, and warm food would have been a real treat. Samples sounds like an excellent idea.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Thank you very much.Also do you suggest any knife brand,for survival's sake?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dissobey
reply to post by SpaDe_

I am very partial to SOG knives, but Gerber, CRKT, Boker, Buck, and Bench Made are all good knife manufacturers. United even has a few good knives in their line up. The thing to stay away from with knives is the cheaper steal that some use.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Thanks again

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dissobey
reply to post by SpaDe_

K-Bar rules. I still have the one I was issued 28 years ago.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by SpaDe_

You make a point. I was thinking MRE as opposed to dried because of not being able to count on a heat source. I was without electric for 10 days not that long ago, and warm food would have been a real treat. Samples sounds like an excellent idea.
You couldn't build a fire? I recommend learning that asap.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Well, not inside and the weather outside was highly nasty, freezing rain, hence no power, followed by frozen everything for days and days, it was horrific.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Ah yes forgot about KA-BAR and Ontario both are awesome. The Ontario Spax is an awesome tool to add to any preppers kit.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I already said it was a one month supply for one person. However, the shelf life is for 15 or more years.

plus they do have different packages.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Just get a bag of dog food and some multi vitamins.
It will sustain you if that time does come and if it don't then get a dog.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Come on guys, surely there's more interest in this subject?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

Well, not inside and the weather outside was highly nasty, freezing rain, hence no power, followed by frozen everything for days and days, it was horrific.
Consider installing a Franklin stove then, or at least get a grill on your porch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join