It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS ban the mentally impaired?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I cried the first time I fell for that prank.....really, I did....

Des

I had a WTF moment, and then went back to look at the actual link and realised I got caught on a prank.
I think every member here will get caught with that one the first time. It is a bit of a heart stopper isn't it?

On topic - I think sometimes people just need some time out. I haven't been on ATS for about 3 months. I just needed time out from this site and others. All the negativity was getting to me. Not the actual site/s and people itself, but just what was being discussed, so I took time out. Kind of like a vacation from all the conspiracy stuff. I needed it after not having a "conspiracy vacation" for over 15 years now. I didn't visit any of my conspiracy sites at all, and it did me the world of good.

Maybe there are others that just need to do that?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Oh! It is just a prank link to your own profile
Shucks I thought I was special for a moment

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well, My ultimate goal in life is to bring about the extinction of the human race.

Based on all the information I have seen, it is the best possible course of action.

Do I have any chance of actually doing this? Probably not.

Does this make me a danger to my self and others? Maybe, depending on your point of view. In the interim, I see no reason not to be a polite and reasonable human being. Hell, I've even held the door for old ladies.

Should I be disqualified from participating on ATS?
edit on 3-9-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by jiggerj

I think I found out who it is

Check out their Profile definitely a crazy!!!

Like I didn't expect this. Am I to take this as you just don't care?

Relax pal, you're the one who made the thread.

Personally I would've just sent a u2u to a mod, so I hope you're not upset about my joke, it's Silly, but so is this thread.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

That's just it. I'm 100% serious. Do we ignore someone showing suicidal tendencies and call it silly?

One person sending a u2u to a mod is like an average Joe walking into congress expecting to be heard. I was hoping to gain some support in this thread in order to add some weight to the issue presented. Now I expect this thread to be deleted, with the issue swept under the rug. Isn't that what all governing bodies do when an issue isn't held up to public scrutiny?

P

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Perhaps you could've just u2ud a mod, explained your concerns, they would've acted accordingly, BUT here is this thread.

And the end all ask all, did you ever report this person to a mod? Or shall we just keep this thread a-going?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Gee, I am new here, but if you would ban everyone that appears to be mentally impaired, this wouldn't be much of a discussion site, would it????

edit on 3-9-2012 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

oh but jiggerj,

what if getting banned is what sets the guy/gal off?

also we've got a quite a few "weirdos" here
with strange posting styles

i myself have been accused of having mental problems or issues
given it's always a case of the pot calling a corningware skillet a black kettle...

EDIT HELLLLOOOOO!!!!
hefficide is a mod f'r ckrissakes..
edit on 3-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If that is the case Jigger then we would need to know details of how you have come to your assumptions
But you can not name the member can you - So how can we just take one side without the other having the chance to respond

Like Ten said - Answer them in the thread - other members are not unaware of when some one has issuess it is the
stock and trade of many posts - And when it comes down to it I have faith in good people here to not ignore people who need help whether or not they realize it - Some of us are not children

The Mods in this thread have spoken plainly and so too others
This thread has been good for bringing out such matters and painting a clearer picture of one's personal responsibility

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If you don't know which mod you should contact, submit via the complain link.

It goes to a forum for all the mods to see.

One person sending a u2u to a mod is like an average Joe walking into congress expecting to be heard

No, it is not.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I think I found out who it is

Check out their Profile definitely a crazy!!!

Like I didn't expect this. Am I to take this as you just don't care?

Relax pal, you're the one who made the thread.

Personally I would've just sent a u2u to a mod, so I hope you're not upset about my joke, it's Silly, but so is this thread.

That's just it. I'm 100% serious. Do we ignore someone showing suicidal tendencies and call it silly?

One person sending a u2u to a mod is like an average Joe walking into congress expecting to be heard. I was hoping to gain some support in this thread in order to add some weight to the issue presented. Now I expect this thread to be deleted, with the issue swept under the rug. Isn't that what all governing bodies do when an issue isn't held up to public scrutiny?

P

No harm, but you seem to miss the point that one or more poster brought up. Since you mentioned JL in the original post. He was the guy who was considered unfit for trial at one stage, was treated with drugs, then considered fit for trial after drugs, how crazy is that? notwithstanding that, no forum is subject to the rules of it's members, only the rules it makes by dictact, doesn't even matter if the dictacts are stated as coming about from consultation with whomever.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by jiggerj

EDIT HELLLLOOOOO!!!!
hefficide is a mod f'r ckrissakes..

I'm just not sure at all what to say to that!

Now I need to call my therapist... thanks!

Lys speaks the truth, BTW.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

lol heff
just find it funny
that you and 2the10th are posting
and he doesn't think to send you a message

just in case i dont recall
you calling me anything nasty ever

so chill
but without the pill
unless you really need one

edit re lys yeah
i once noticed some serious deterioration in a members diction
pointed it out to a mod with my concerns which included
either brainwashing or somebody using his account
and got a reply in 5 min

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, you ask an interesting question...should people be penalized for disorganized thoughts. Disorganized thoughts can occur for a variety of reasons, severe stress, fatigue, a mental illness such as hebephrenic schizophrenia as well as a culture clash when someone is not quite familiar with the English language and misinterprets what he reads/hears.

So, to make sure I understand your question... You think people should be penalized "just in case" they might interpret a conversation incorrectly and MAYBE do something bad? Or are you saying they should just be excluded from participation in society "just in case"? Like when Germany decided to exclude the Jews because they were considered defects?.

I noticed your mood says: "slap you silly".... that might give some the impression that you are a violent person, should society be protected from you ? Just in case?

edit on 3-9-2012 by OldSchoolMom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
gee
looks like OP
has scarpered

hope he doesn't do anything crazy

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I think I found out who it is Check out their Profile definitely a crazy!!!

LMAO! I went to a shrink once. My husband was causing me all sorts of grief , he kept saying I was crazy whenever I would question his suspicious behavior. I told the doctor how I booted his ass out of the house and how he keeps calling me telling me he was going to kill himself.

I was really stressed, and thought to myself, "if I was crazy...I would be the last to know...so that is why I came to see you Doc". I told him these threats he made of suicide was really getting to me, I wasn't sure if I was helpful with my response or not. The doctor asked me what I said. I said, "well, at first I thought of having him three o twoed (302=committed for 72 hrs)...but, instead I offered to give him the 14 cents for the bullet". The shrink said, I was fine.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldSchoolMom
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, you ask an interesting question...should people be penalized for disorganized thoughts. Disorganized thoughts can occur for a variety of reasons, severe stress, fatigue, a mental illness such as hebephrenic schizophrenia as well as a culture clash when someone is not quite familiar with the English language and misinterprets what he reads/hears.

So, to make sure I understand your question... You think people should be penalized "just in case" they might interpret a conversation incorrectly and MAYBE do something bad? Or are you saying they should just be excluded from participation in society "just in case"? Like when Germany decided to exclude the Jews because they were considered defects?.

I noticed your mood says: "slap you silly".... that might give some the impression that you are a violent person, should society be protected from you ? Just in case?

edit on 3-9-2012 by OldSchoolMom because: (no reason given)

Hey, you raise good questions. If an alcoholic is known for driving drunk, for his own safety as well as for others, should he be banned from drinking establishments or from buying booze? I don't know. But if so, this doesn't mean he should be banned from going to the cinema. See what I mean?

As for my mood saying 'slap you silly' I would actually feel a lot safer with someone venting their anger with words, than with someone appearing calm but expressing disorganized thoughts. Wouldn't you?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yesterday a member went OFF creating a thread , cursing even in the thread title.

The anger directed at this site and some other members sent chills down my spine.

Now, if Im not mistaken, that person is posting today,, and not always civilly

The thread yesterday went POOF (no 404) just POOF gone.

If i am correct should there not at least been a posting ban or cool off period? Most of us would have been banned.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That's a new possible offence you are describing, AKA drunk and disorganised. Who knows??

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

For the record. I am a psychiatric patient and have been for nearly 28 years. Mental illness is not a preclusion from participation in ATS.

However if you see a member who posts thing that you would consider a threat to the community, the world, or the member themselves... please report it immediately and let the staff handle it from there. Treat it like you would a real life situation. Passive people showing signs of mental illness don't scare most of us. But a person behaving aggressively, or making threats? We'd dial 911 ( or your nations equivalent ) to report it.

Consider staff to be like 911 in these cases.

~Heff

This let's me know where you Mods stand. This member is not threatening in any way. I don't think he/she could put two word together coherently enough to even make a threat. If passive people with incoherent thoughts don't frighten us, I think this is where we go wrong. I believe they are the most dangerous because even they don't know what they're going to do from one moment to the next. I just wrote this in another post: I would rather be around someone with the ability to vent their anger than with someone who doesn't have the ability.

I will not bring this member to your attention.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
Yesterday a member went OFF creating a thread , cursing even in the thread title.

The anger directed at this site and some other members sent chills down my spine.

Now, if Im not mistaken, that person is posting today,, and not always civilly

The thread yesterday went POOF (no 404) just POOF gone.

If i am correct should there not at least been a posting ban or cool off period? Most of us would have been banned.

I am not talking about banning as a punishment, but as a safety measure for that person as well as those around him/her. In this instance, banning this person would make ATS one less place (that allows rather extreme topics) where a disorganized mind can formulate dangerous ideas.

Bottom line, not one of you has even suggested that you know this member, when his/her illness is so readily apparent in every post.

So, it's business as usual. We can't change the government. We ignore people giving off suicidal tendencies. And we look away from those with mental issues. No wonder the world is in such a mess. We are the 'Do Nothing' people.

I'll say nothing more on the matter.
edit on 9/3/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join