It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life and Death episode 1 [2014WC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Brian had a fascination for life like a sloth had a fascination for daytime activity, as if trying to live might kill him.

Born an introvert, Brian often lost outside awareness to the power of his thoughts. His imagination concocted some of the most amazing concepts, and his effervescent consciousness seemed unbound.

Above all though Brian was quite lonely.

At the end of a hard days work, there was nothing Brian liked better than to crack open a can and chill out watching whatever drivel was currently on the box.

He hated his job, working for the local newspaper as a journalist. Most of all he despised his boss, who happened to be one of the most extroverted, rhetoric slinging, and centre of attention seeker, ever to walk the earth.

"What another crappy day. What's on the box?" Brian muttered to himself as he headed from the fridge with an ice cold beer.

Commercial, commercial, commercial, X-Files.

"Well isn't this a blast from the past?" He thought aloud. "Helllloo Scully," smiled Brian as he moved to put his hand under his trousers.

"You got that right." A voice called from across the room.

"Jesus Christ! Who the heck are you?!" Brian screamed pulling his hands out as quickly as they went in.

Just then as Brian turned to face his possible axe wielding murderer, he almost fainted at the sight of what he saw.

"Y..y..you're.." stammered Brian.

"Death, yep that's me," said the Grimm Reaper certainly, as he munched on a bowl of popcorn.

"What?! No...I'm dreaming...I've gone insane...God help me."

"You're not dreaming and you're not insane, just calm down Brian," Grimm said reassuringly.

"I'm not? Are you eating popcorn? Is that my popcorn?!"

"It could be. I was just trying to get into the mood."

"What?! What are you talking about? I want you out of my house!" Brian erratically thought of things that he'd read about spirits and demons. "Out demon! The power of Christ compels you!"

Grimm couldn't help but snort and chuckle, "I'm not a demon dude. Death is the event that represents the permanent cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. Or so I read on Wikipedia, but you can never believe 100 percent in what that site says."

"Ok whatever you are, I want you out!" Brian screamed.

"Take a chill pill dude, I'm not here to bestow death apon you. (Cough)yet(cough)."

"Hey I heard that! So what are you doing here then? Don't you have people to kill?" Asked Brian.

"Come on man, I'm pretty much omnipotent. I'm everywhere all the time."

"So why can I see you?" Quizzed Brian, "what do you want?"

"I'm here because you have a chance to save the world Brian. Something bad is coming and I'm going to have to lay down a whole load of death," Grimm almost sounded believable. "One, that's a lot of work Brian, a Grimm can only take so much and Two, I've gone fond of you little humans."

"Huh? You mean you have to kill everyone?"

"Like I said Brian, It's going to be bad. Unless you save the world."

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?" Brian cringed

"We're going to do it together, you and I. Life and Death," Grimm said defiantly. "Oh, and we've only got until the 11th of September 2014."

"You've got to be kidding me?!" Brian cried. "Guess I don't have much of a choice."

"Great!! Which room's mine?"

"You get the couch," Said Brian. "I need a beer."

"Good call, I'll have one too."

"Does death really need to drink?...Wait don't answer that." Brian called back.

And so it seemed that Brian, had just embarked on an adventure that would hold the fate of the entire world in his hands. The race against time and the ultimate power struggle between life and death had just begun.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Great story. For some reason all I could picture while reading it was Brian and Death from Family Guy. Made the story even better for me. Thanks for the good read. S&F.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

With all the dark and tragic stories, I thought a bit of humor was in order.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Brian had a fascination for life like a sloth had a fascination for daytime activity

Loved this as an opener, I guess we all know someone like this out there in real life.

This was very humourous to read, would like to see it continued on...

S&F.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

Great story. For some reason all I could picture while reading it was Brian and Death from Family Guy. Made the story even better for me. Thanks for the good read. S&F.

Originally posted by 74Templar

Originally posted by DAZ21
Brian had a fascination for life like a sloth had a fascination for daytime activity

Loved this as an opener, I guess we all know someone like this out there in real life.

This was very humourous to read, would like to see it continued on...

S&F.

Thankyou for the replies. Hopefully I can write episode 2 tonight.

new topics

top topics

join