It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timing of thalidomide apology in middle of para Olympic games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Peruvianmonk had put a good thread together on Gruenenthal's apology for the thalidomide drug which cause so many deformities in the 60s and 70s. This has been widely reported on the TV and in the newspapers.

It is the timing of the apology that surprises me. Is it really coincidence that the apology has come out during the middle of the Paralympic games? I hope there is a good reason e.g. the games has made them feel guilty but I suspect it is putting out the news when we are seeing the disabled people in the sport achieve so much and hence - somehow - soften the blow that they have caused so much disability in the first place. Appreciate this is a delicate subject, but there cannot just be me thinking that the company has deliberately timed their announcement.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Yes I saw this news a few days ago
As a child I remember the scandal which had slipped from the public arena over the years

30 years or more to deliver an apology
Wonder what Big Pharma will be apologizing for in 30 or more years time.

Never thought about the timing of this apology which affected UK children
Funny how it does coincide with the UK (London) Para Games

It was always known that Thalidomide given to pregnant mothers was the cause of malformed baby's.

It took th Holy Mother Church of Rome several century's to announce "Forgiveness" to Galileo

Who's next to apologize - Roll up roll up we know who you are

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
pfffft....
they jus wanna take credit now they achieved something thanks to the deformity it gave them

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Just noticed you are from North Yorkshire - West Yorkshire here

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Pretty scary stuff actually when you think about it.

There are reasons why I won't take any weird medicines unless I am already dying and it's the only way to save me.

It really sucks though because you can't trust the people you are suppose to be able to trust. Makes it a hard world to live in.

new topics

top topics

join