It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divide And Conquer: A Game Of Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Her are the directions to the game that we see being played every day. You can see it all throughout history, and you can see it in today's world, everywhere. This is 1984, my friends. This is divide and conquer. And it can be played from either side of the field, sustaining the momentum of the process. As long as we hate each other, we'll never see the hand holding the strings. As long as the blade is at each other's throat, the strings controlling us are safe to continue oppressing us. Turn the blade. Look up. See the strings. See the masters.

Open your eyes.

Step 1. Fear

Instill fear in the people by painting a number of them with dark colors. Demonize a select group. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Possible arrests and harassment for fabricated wrongs or for small laws that were passed for that specific purpose.

Step 2. Assurance

Address the remaining people and assure them that they are special and not like the others, that they are better and more worthy. Underline the differences and connect them to familiar ideas of good and evil. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Possible charities and programs for supporting the concept of well-being and compassion being imparted by the message.

Step 3. Incite and Divide

Stage a conflict between the two groups. The enmity will be fueled by official statements, and frustration will be channeled into civilian strife. All focus will be lost from the higher ups, and resultant anger and depression will be directed toward fellow citizens.

Step 4. Intervention

The authorities now have a reason to step in and apprehend/arrest/subdue at their discretion. Demonized parties will see the worst of it, and almost all of them will see consequences. The "worthy" parties will now support the official stance due to negative emotions generated by step 3. Division is complete.

Step 5. Elimination/Reprogramming

Authorities will use their power publicly to "secure" the "safety" of the nation or community, vacuuming up the rebellious and potentially dangerous deviants and either reprogramming or ruining their lives. Simultaneously, impress upon the "worthy" a fabricated list of things to avoid in order to stay "worthy". Fear of 'outsiders', and unity in worthiness, will both automatically lead civilians to swallow the whole thing. Threat eliminated. Control restored. Power is established.

Rinse and repeat as needed.
edit on 3-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The Americans all over the web still debating the differences between Demo and Repub make me laugh... We all know the out comes all ready decided anyway..

Give up, and focus on kicking them ALL out.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Dare I say - they did a fine job with dividing and conquering the work force.
And throwing the union workers under the bus.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I'm a little bit tired of all this union stuff. Similar to whining that your glove is too small, but you won't take it off because it's chilly.

With that said, we tend to support this system because as long as we choose the "worthy" side, we'll always win. And because we lie to ourselves so much, and it's cheap to please us, as long as we don't have to watch the world burn, we're happy to sit in the ashes sipping our tea.

We're trained to prioritize ourselves as first, which makes it easy to keep us happy. Show us how easy and cool it is, get us addicted, and use our addiction to make us 'happy'.

It's a very sick game, and we see it, but we ignore it. Because we tend to drown our guilt and shame. I'd say that's our greatest crime as the people...but that's just me.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Can't you come up with a fantasy game, I've been playing in that game most of my life, I'm a little sick of that one.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I'm afraid you'll have to find one that comes naturally. That's half the problem: everything about this country is cheap, cheap plastic.
edit on 3-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

There are some good people in congress but they are forced to play the game and barter away their soul for their districts needs.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Put simply, they are 'bewitched'.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I suppose I would want my congressman to make deals to get funding for needs in our area, but most times it is for the wants of a few influential people in the area. Our cities do not need to grow to look better to outsiders, they need to remain good places to live, work, and play.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I brought up the union thing only because that is what your story reminded me of. The msm has done their job well in their portrayal of a worker done wrong by working at a job that has a union.

Understanding totally that parts of the union workers haven't helped in feeding that machine.

Not to re-hash; just to explain some.
I also completely get what you're presenting, on a much larger scale.

top topics

join