It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘US to Iran: In case of Israeli strike, don’t fire on our bases’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Iran could strike U.S. bases if Israel attacks: Hezbollah
BEIRUT | Mon Sep 3, 2012 3:38pm EDT

www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/03/us-lebanon-hezbollah-israel-idUSBRE8820KU20120903

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Iran could strike U.S. bases in the Middle East in response to any Israeli strike on its nuclear facilities, the leader of Lebanon's Iranian-backed militant group Hezbollah said on Monday.

"A decision has been taken to respond and the response will be very great," Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said in an interview with the Beirut-based Al Mayadeen television.

"The response will not be just inside the Israeli entity - American bases in the whole region could be Iranian targets."

"If Israel targets Iran, America bears responsibility."

(Reporting by Dominic Evans; Editing by Alison Williams)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Doesn't need to be closed. It can be posted twice (if one is in breaking news).

This is honestly some of the best political news I have heard in a while. I do think we ran it by Israel and had already helped them out enough by producing and then supplying the bunker busters we created especially for Iran, but at least we won't be joining in dropping them I guess.

I have a feeling this is a vote grab and after the election Obama (should he win) will be back to the attack Iran stance. Or it will be said that Iran his us when they responded to Israel.

Only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Even if Israel were to strike, I would expect them to get their asses handed to them with retaliation strikes which would then bring the US into the conflict anyway.. Iran will hit them with everything they have and unfortunetly, the USA are not going to stand back and watch Israel become a wasteland.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I have heard the rumor from a few source to
that would be the best decision from Obama
but he did gave nuclear weapon to Israel
maybe they were decoy ? lol

so finaly Obama have said to Israel
if you want to bomb Iran .. bomb them alone
i wont risk a war with NAM

Americans dont want a war with Iran
thats why Romney cant win
Obama is really hard to read compare to Bush

but we cant know for sure .. was this a PR move from Obama ?
what if Israel attack a US base and accuse Iran ?

edit on 9/3/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Lets hope Iran/Israel/USA can work on a deal behind closed doors ,seams everyone is looking for an 'out' over armed conflict,the USA doesnt need a 4th war ,this is actually a hopefull sign,at least were seeing the start of some diplomacy..

edit on 3-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Want to know a good false flag ?

Obama got assassinated and fingers suddenly point at Iran.

War hurdle removed and suddenly USA supporting ANY and might lead attack on Iran.

Nice play eh ?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So US arms Israel to the teeth and claims it has nothing to do with them if Isreal attacks somebody. Oh boy are they deranged ?

Anyway as somebody pointed out in another thread the US is there to wipeout Israel if they try to press the nuke button.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Imagine England having issues with the french.

Not a difficult thing to imagine!

I mean, wouldn't it be better if NO-ONE fought?

I think that's the idea. The more the US opposes and distances itself from an Israeli attack the less likely Israel is to conduct one, or so the theory goes. Looks nice on paper at least, certainly the opposite is true.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

It is silly of the USA to ask Iran to not bomb their own bases if Israel strikes. I mean, the rockets, bombs, jets, IDF paychecks, etc, are funded by the USofA, so we are definitely going to be accomplices and there will be attacks on the US bases. And when the first base is hit then of course the USA will declare war on Iran bringing us full circle in their plans of war and conquest.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Gut feeling this is accurate.... it's posted all over the Internet on various different news sites.

Obama is basically saying... Go ahead and Bomb Iran.. but your doing it on your own.
ACC's in the gulf are there, but aren't they always.

Learn the lesson Israel...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I want to say this is good news, but not so sure. It's like asking the police not to arrest you after robbing a bank. I'm really glad our current Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Dempsey, has half a mind in him to look forward to possible consequences of preemptive actions, however.

Restrictive sanctions that remain in place against Iran, along with future joint military exercises in the region tell me it's a waste of breath. Just read the link at the bottom of the OP's article - To Calm Israel, U.S. Offers Ways to Restrain Iran. Both pages. Here's a little fact that ought to have a lot more weight in this...

United States intelligence officials have said they have no evidence that Iran’s top leaders have decided to take the final steps toward a weapon. Iran’s intentions remain unclear, intelligence officials say.

A good article with lots of information, yes?

Now, how could Iran take such a request - To not strike our bases if Israel strikes them - Seriously?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Just read this on twitter No Israeli MPs have signed Iran war letter, newspaper says

If true, andI can't confirm souce as there is no english version, it looks like Nutty yahoohoo is not getting the support of his government.

That wont stop him but.

Go ahead and make our day !

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The key question here being over looked is how will the US respond if Iran retaliates against Israel and causes significant destruction?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The key question here being over looked is how will the US respond if Iran retaliates against Israel and causes significant destruction?

A nice Dolphin would have turned Iran into a couple of lakes
somewhere during/afterwards
edit on 3-9-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
This truly makes me happy. For once, some common sense in politics.

However, if Obama loses this election, I fear that will be turned over real quick.

"if" true
thus guarantees he will loose the election,I would bet the house on it

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iron7
Israel will get what is coming to them, hopefully we stay out of it and let it happen

Considering the fact that the US is tied at-the-hip with Israel in foreign aid, "favors" and political power, I don't see any way that US resources worldwide will not be hit. As someone else said, even if Iran did not hit US assets, Israel would false flag us to pull us in.

Isn't it time for a regime change ...... in Israel and the US?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

A nice Dolphin would have turned Iran into a couple of lakes
somewhere during/afterwards
edit on 3-9-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

Suppose a dolphin-like asset turns Israel and/or Washington D.C. into a glass parking lot?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

My feelings too.
If the report is true ie is the US telling Israel the same thing in private, if so Israel may wait to see who gets elected, or they may just opt for a good old fashion false flag

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think it is pretty obvious that Israel will attack Iran shortley after US Presidential election if nothing changes beteween now and then concerning Iran's Nuclear programs.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Why is the US government the only group that cannot see Israel is using them to further their ideological and religious agenda? This whole nuclear weapons thing is not the real issue. This is the issue Israel chose to use because they thought everyone would get behind them and support them. Little did they know that the American people are not as easy as the American government. Therefore the US government, after seeing that a large portion of the American citizens would not support a strike, have decided to stay out of any attack. I have a feeling they will even warn Iran when the time comes and Israel plans to strike.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join