It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘US to Iran: In case of Israeli strike, don’t fire on our bases’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
(Yes, another Israel thread from yours truly. I don't think I've made more than 10. I swear I'm not antisemitic...shame I have to preface this thread.)

Washington tells Tehran that it will not join in an Israeli attack on Iran’s nuclear program, Yedioth Ahronoth reports

The United States has no intention of joining in a preemptive Israeli strike on Iran and expects the Islamic Republic to refrain from attacking US targets in the case of such an attack, senior Washington officials told their Iranian counterparts, according to a report in Yedioth Ahronoth on Monday. In recent days, senior administration officials reportedly sent messages to Iran, through diplomats from two European states, addressing the possibility that Israel would launch a unilateral strike and establishing that the US expects Iran to not draw it into a conflict by firing on American army bases and aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf. Monday’s report came amid widespread debate over the level of coordination between Israel and the US on halting Iran’s nuclear program, which — despite assurances by US Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro on Sunday that the relationship is as good as ever — appeared to be strained. While Israel has warned that the Iranians are quickly approaching a potential weapons capability and that the use of force must be seriously considered, the US says sanctions and international diplomacy must be given more time to work.

I have to give it to the Obama admin and the current pentagon staff. They are looking out for the US before anyone else. We really can't afford to "have our bro's back" in every single instance. Sometimes nations have to fight their own battles (or, let's try this novel idea...not fight..strange, right?)

Things are looking up for the US day by day. Maybe we actually may break away from a staunch support of Israel sometime soon.

www.timesofisrael.com...

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This truly makes me happy. For once, some common sense in politics.

However, if Obama loses this election, I fear that will be turned over real quick.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't see how the USA will not be dragged into it, even if Iran does not attack a US target Israel will (and then blame it on Iran of course).

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mc1km

I'd like to think that Israel will surrender to the idea of peace instead of an instigation of further conflict. Key words: "I'd like to think"

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I posted this in Breaking News:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: Oh yeah, we're allowed to post in more than one group

edit on 3-9-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Ah, I see. My sincere apologies.

Moderators, please close the thread.
EDIT: Wait...same idea, kind of a different analysis of the story...and like you said, two different groups.
edit on 3-9-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Israel will get what is coming to them, hopefully we stay out of it and let it happen

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

I hope Israel gets what is coming to it: Rationality and Peace. I'd hate to see war just because Zionists and Hawks couldn't keep it in their pants. The people of the region deserve peace. The leaders and generals should think about their people first.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by Iron7

I hope Israel gets what is coming to it: Rationality and Peace. I'd hate to see war just because Zionists and Hawks couldn't keep it in their pants. The people of the region deserve peace. The leaders and generals should think about their people first.

Well the zionists are the cause for all of this. They made their bed, and now they can lay in it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Imagine England having issues with the french.

And the US says, don't bomb Mildenhall or Lakenheath, and we'll be cool and not interfere.

Just trying to put some perspective on this. I mean, wouldn't it be better if NO-ONE fought?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hmm wonder if they fall for that one

"if you get attacked, it won't be us.............honest. So don't retaliate against our ships and bases"
Then once your ranged retaliation is destroyed through 'shock and awe' ( just a new name for blitzkrieg ! )
"yeah it was us haha, we tricked you"

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm sure Israel can spare a harpoon missile or a bomb or two on a US target as well as the Iranians, to blame on Iran. After all, it wouldn't be the first time they have attacked (and killed) US military personnel to provoke a response in their favour.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know, a novel idea, right?

I think that peace is the best solution, but if Israel decides to act I do not believe that it is the responsibility of the United States to interfere. Why should we?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by beezzer

I know, a novel idea, right?

I think that peace is the best solution, but if Israel decides to act I do not believe that it is the responsibility of the United States to interfere. Why should we?

If Libya is any example, we'll find ourselves fighting.

When politicians are discussing war or limited war, instead of war or no war, then I know we're in trouble. Regardless.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Iran, Dont attack us, we dont want war or attack you.

Oh that Israel jet ? They are refueling and rearming to attack you, yep....using our bases.
No need to attack us mkay ?

Yeaaaa right....

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Why does "false flag" come to mind?

One has to be very careful when dealing with or angering Israel...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Lol, Washington says lots of things, but believing it would make me a little backwards. Fool me once shame on them, fool me twice shame on me

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Which direction with the Israeli jets come from?
fastest and shortest route is through the US no fly zone over Iraq.

All smoke and mirrors and pure propaganda

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Imagine England having issues with the french.

And the US says, don't bomb Mildenhall or Lakenheath, and we'll be cool and not interfere.

Just trying to put some perspective on this. I mean, wouldn't it be better if NO-ONE fought?

Well yeah, but how are you going to convince the Israelis that its a good idea?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join