It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream-Induced Psychedelic Trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well, I just had an amazing experience. It confirmed suspicious I had previously had, that the dream state could be used to accomplish things very similarly to psychedelics. Before I get into the experience, let me give a little bit of background. Timothy Leary, one of the leading researchers of psychedelics, came up with the '8-circuit model of consciousness.' There are four that are beyond what is typical of the modern human. The 5th being body-awareness-intelligence, the 6th being brain-awareness-intelligence. According to him, the psychedelic experience is generally characterized by an activation of the 6th circuit, awareness of the brain's signals, though psychedelics can sometimes activate the 7th and 8th circuits.

I laid down to go to sleep. As I relaxed, I decided to pay attention to the images that appeared in my mind. This, it turns out, is a good method for maintaining awareness as you enter the dream state. This was actually also the first time I had done that in a while. Anyways, as I went deeper I began to feel the energies that characterize either the transition to/from sleep or sleep itself. With these energies, I tried to recall one of the main things I have been thinking about recently, namely letting things exist on their own terms, and non-control. As I did this, I became aware that all of these sensations and images were being produced or mediated by the brain. I realized that the brain was doing all of this on its own, and I simply had to give up conscious control and observe the brain itself.

At this, I began directly perceiving the signals being fired in the brain, and how these signals were mediating everything. As I gave up conscious control, I began to feel the signals more and more intensely. One of the main things I noticed about the brains signalry, is that it is absolutely non-relative. Meaning that, it's functioning has absolutely no sense of a particular location, or point of view. As I gave up control, and the intensity of the signals increased, the images became more and more profound as well. The colors became more and more intense and vivid, and the images were rapidly morphing and melting into each other. As I was observing, without trying to define or control relative to 'me' at all, the ability of the images to flicker and morph was increased, and the images continuously became more profound and beautiful. At a certain point I realized I was literally having a psychedelic trip.

So, this experienced definitely opens up a lot of possibilities, in my mind. I have long felt that I was kind of 'missing out,' cuz I am currently unable to get psychedelics, and I have read extensively from the leading psychedelic researchers and have a very deep understanding and appreciation of what they can do for you. I have suspected for a while that these same benefits could be achieved in the dream state, but this experience was a clear experience of the 6th circuit, brain-consciousness, and this is the circuit that generally defines the psychedelic trip. I am very excited about the possibilities in going forward, and trying to work on this.
edit on 3-9-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this experience, it was quite an interesting read, looking forward to going to sleep tonight I will attempt to use similar techniques and I will also share what I find. Thanks peace

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute
Thank you for sharing this experience, it was quite an interesting read, looking forward to going to sleep tonight I will attempt to use similar techniques and I will also share what I find. Thanks peace

Thank you. And that would be good. Ideally, try to get a few hours of sleep, wake up, then go back to sleep and try the technique. Potentially, this could be a very big/good thing...if it were possible to hone in on this with some consistency.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well, I was just able to enter into this state again. This time, I had a certain disposition going into it. I recalled Timothy Leary saying something to the effect of, our brains are designed to have the capability to tune into extra-terrestrial communication networks from higher intelligences. I recall Robert Anton Wilson speaking of communication with higher beings when you activate certain circuits of consciousness. He said..."Well, I'm not going to make any absolute dogmatic statements about whether they are REALLY external, higher beings...but they certainly seem to be..."

So I started to recognize myself entering into this stage again. In the beginning, I believe it was mostly auditory, though am having a difficult time remembering the experience. I was hearing different types of music. I then began to want to have it turn into a more direct speaking experience, but then the song shifted into saying (it was still a song...)"Stop! Just listen to the music...", so I tried to stop my conscious mind and just become a totally passive observer. The sound began to become more intense, and then images started appearing.

I really cannot remember this experience well at all, but a voice began to speak to me. I can't remember what it said at first. I started to get images of many different landscapes and people doing all sorts of things. The voice then said, "You do not need to go searching for anything. You are exactly what many are searching for, and so they will come to you." I then wondered if I could communicate back with this voice. I tried to sent it a message with my mind. It heard me, and responded. I cannot remember well what I asked. Perhaps it had something to do with if it was extra-terrestrial, or the nature of extra-terrestrial beings.

Whether because of my question and his answer, or because of the 'you don't need to go searching for anything' statement and the associated images, I got a feeling about there being a basic life-force throughout the universe, where 'essences' of people 'travel' or manifest throughout all space to find where they sort out best. Meaning that, 'people' are really energy-essences that 'travel' throughout the whole universe to find the most suitable 'place' for them to manifest. That means that, this planet is no less 'extra-terrestrial' than other planets, and that any range of the life in all the Universe could manifest here.

new topics

top topics

join