It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran must steer clear of US interests in Gulf'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

'Iran must steer clear of US interests in Gulf'

www.ynetnews.com

The United States has indirectly informed Iran, via two European nations, that it would not back an Israeli strike against the country's nuclear facilities, as long as Tehran refrains from attacking American interests in the Persian Gulf, Yedioth Ahronoth reported Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If both parties oblige, than it obviously would be beneficial for each of them but chances are it won't happen.

US Green Zone in Iraq and the embassy, I'm sure as every single US ACC in the Gulf, are already locked on to target. Also, most of Israeli weapons were either purchased from the US (with American money) or funded in-directly by them. So it's impossible not to already have some influence over impending attack.

I cannot see all those US ACC's in the Persian Gulf floating around for just posturing alone. They plan to be used.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The article seams funny if you switched it around, ' USA must steer clear of Iran's interests in North Amercia'
edit on 3-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

via two European nations

Which two nations ?

+ I believe that Israel is waiting for the US election to end. Then the president of the united states should pay back his supporters.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Via 2 nations?

Man, the U.S. government is so incompetent that they let 9/11 happen and now the can't even work a telephone or computer and have to go through two countries to tell another to "remember their place". We're doomed with idiots like this running amok on the planet.

Here's my message to the U.S., grow the f*ck up.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Via 2 nations?

Man, the U.S. government is so incompetent that they let 9/11 happen and now the can't even work a telephone or computer and have to go through two countries to tell another to "remember their place". We're doomed with idiots like this running amok on the planet.

Psssstt.....sorry to break your heart, but back channel communications between two countries using a third party is old news. Governments have been doing it for years.

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Here's my message to the U.S., grow the f*ck up.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Ok, it was slightly tongue in cheek mate

And, yeah I also realize that it is only a matter of time before the bullies of the world start fighting someone else

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I cannot see all those US ACC's in the Persian Gulf floating around for just posturing alone. They plan to be used.

Reading this quote, thoughts of the USS Liberty came to mind.

Israel hasn`t tried this for at least 45 years, and it almost worked then....

US jets flew off the ACC America with nukes headed towards Cairo.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Hilarious isn't it, when you reverse it?

Iran, a gulf nation, must avoid US interests in the gulf - which is basically everything in the gulf outside of Iran itself. Can you imagine Iran telling the USA to avoid Iranian interests in the Gulf of Mexico? Typical American globalist agenda.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is just a statement that had to be made at some point.

Iran will indeed hit US targets, before US targets gather and attack them. It's just rhetoric to say, "Listen, we told Iran we'd leave them alone but they had to attack our bases so we obliterated them."

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So let me get this straight; The Persian gulf which belongs to Iran, and always has because Iran was Persia, is now being 'claimed' by our United States government, telling the country that owns the Gulf, to 'steer clear'. Yeah you betcha....I hate my country soooo much right now; full of the biggest hypocritical politician's in the world. So what if Iran came over here and decided they wanted the NY Harbor; should US steer clear of Iran's interest there? Stupid SOB's.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I still believe this is all being said to lure the US population into a false sense of security, Both Iran and the US know that in order for Israel to attack it needs to fly over Iraq, who controls Iraqi air space?

The us will claim self defense

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

See, the US admits it.

They don't think Iran is a danger to them. They think they could be a potential danger if Iran attempted anything that would hurt the distribution of American assets and "resources".

They basically gave Iran an out and I bet you Iran will take it.

Mind you it is an election year in all those countries....you think the saber rattling could be because of that?

Maybe so.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
US is obviously scared of Iran - Iran can easily bomb US bases in Afghanistan and the embassy in Iraq killing thousands of Americans. They don't want to take a chance. And Israel won't do anything without US help so I guess the war is off...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Iran could strike U.S. bases if Israel attacks: Hezbollah
BEIRUT | Mon Sep 3, 2012 3:38pm EDT

www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/03/us-lebanon-hezbollah-israel-idUSBRE8820KU20120903

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Iran could strike U.S. bases in the Middle East in response to any Israeli strike on its nuclear facilities, the leader of Lebanon's Iranian-backed militant group Hezbollah said on Monday.

"A decision has been taken to respond and the response will be very great," Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said in an interview with the Beirut-based Al Mayadeen television.

"The response will not be just inside the Israeli entity - American bases in the whole region could be Iranian targets."

"If Israel targets Iran, America bears responsibility."

(Reporting by Dominic Evans; Editing by Alison Williams)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Israel can still take out Iranian nuke program by itself. Only difference will be costs might be another 25% higher. Iran has no airforce to speak off to fight IsAF in a dogged manner.

Even when this is all said, Israel will not be left on its own. From Libya experience, US has learned how to lead from behind and from the shadows.

The main question is that of a flare up: Syria joins in immediately and so would Hizubillah in Lebenan. Syrian Army is half finished already and in 2-3 days their air force and armoured capabilities will be destroyed. Hizubillahs are nothing of an army rather a terrorist force. Unless other nations like Egypt join in, Israel will see the matters closed in two weeks at the most.
edit on 3-9-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
Israel can still take out Iranian nuke program by itself. Only difference will be costs might be another 25% higher. Iran has no airforce to speak off to fight IsAF in a dogged manner.

No but Iran does have missiles and Israel is only 600 miles away.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"US interests"

its not in OUR interest to be world police nation builders and resource grabbers.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Israel has very good anti missile systems in place. Not more than 5% of Iranian missiles will get through.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iron7
"US interests"

its not in OUR interest to be world police nation builders and resource grabbers.

LOL pretty good point

top topics

<<   2 >>

join