It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Norris' Dire Warning For America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Isn't Chuck Norris the guy that supported Mike Huckabee?

Yeah, look at where that went.

Stick to being a shadow of your former self, Chuck!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Perhaps you didn't know-but Pork Barrel Spending comes from CONGRESS putting riders onto bills.

He said he would veto any pork….that was a lie.

I invite you to present rational arguments and evidence. I have never heard of Obama promising to not raise taxes on those over 250k. In fact it seems one of the biggest critiques has been his attempts to "Spread the wealth". Can't have it both ways.

Everything I cited came from Obama. He promised the world and delivered virtually nothing. It’s much easier to list the promises he HAS kept rather than the promises he hasn’t.

Shovel?
Is this some sort of random crazy rant like one sees in a cornfield sign sometimes?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I addressed the pork already: Congress slips it in every bill. They get huge paychecks to do so and thus: It keeps getting inserted. One cannot veto every bill that comes forth.

I think you are misunderstanding. Obama said he wouldn't tax people making LESS than 250k/year. But then I suppose it is subjective on what a tax is.

An edited youtube video is your criteria of research? I am not going to bother watching a video where it makes childish dings when they think something is correct or not. Especially when they lack any degree of content. This is the same tactic that was tried with the "You didn't build" it fiasco.

Ah, so the Cons blocked 19 jobs bills so far which had direct benefit-for the sole purpose of making things bad and thus-make Obama look back, and that makes him the liar and the Cons sitting pretty?

Any chance you can supply some real stuff? Perhaps off reuters or any news site or law site that we can in turn do some fact checking on? At this point though, I am wondering if you have ever actually done fact checking.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by lordtyp0

I originally was not going to reply to this, its too pedantic in the commentary. But you need a bit of an education. Of course, I have come to the conclusion that "Libertarians" and current "Conservative Republicans" don't care about facts, rationality or evidence-they only care about winning. I am predicting now that you will ignore every point I make and instead focus on a single typo, or create a straw man, or perhaps, just ignore the post all together while "hrumphin" with sympathetic ears.

The party of LIES??? This thread never mentioned democrats!

Let’s take a look at the Liar-in-Chief:
*Open and transparent government? NOPE!
*No pork barrel spending? NOPE!
*5 days to read every bill before he signs it? NOPE!
*Meetings with lobbyists will be online and on Cspan for all to see? NOPE!

OP didn't cite political party, but did call for Evangelicals to swarm to the polls, Chuck Norris is also all about "taking back 'merica for Jesus". Am I to infer it was a call for Democratic political action? The transparancy-which you cite 3 times when in fact it is one-so lets condense: This is a: President doing pork barrel spending and B: Lack of advertised transparency.

Perhaps you didn't know-but Pork Barrel Spending comes from CONGRESS putting riders onto bills. Usually the bills are named something contradictory like "SAVE THE PRECIOUS CHILDREN FROM EVIL COMMIES AND SATANISTS SO THEY CAN PLAY WITH PUPPIES IN CHURCHES!!!" when the law actually reads something like "Give open wire tap laws over all internet traffic, add 100million dollars to Lockheed for another plane project, buy all the miniature monkey statues in Deluth Iowa for 50,000 dollars a piece".

Cept that law, if struck down suddenly becomes "OBAMA HATES WHITE CHILDREN!" and the same riders get attached to every other bill. Eventually they make it into one that are mandatory like-keeping agencies funded for the quarter (Though technically ONCE congress gave the president power of a line item veto-that is only applicable on budgets). So eventually those barrel projects get pushed through and the president gets slammed either way. In Oregon the same techniques were employed. The Democrat Gov promised to fix roads. Every road budget plan which came from the state congress had a rider to do mandatory prayer in school. Which-the Republicans pounced on him for purposely vetoeing every bill to fix the roads.

He was a one term Gov.

For transparency-it is all very complicated legally. IMO Lobbyists should be drowned in bags. But commonly those meetings include legally protected information like corporate and trade secrets. Obama should not have promised some of the things as if he actually did them-it would have made tax-payers liable for all sorts of lawsuits. This was naivete, not deception.

*Lobbyists will not work in my administration? NOPE!
*We will develop a full budget to eliminate waste? NOPE!
*We will cut the deficit in half in my first term? NOPE!
*I will close GITMO? NOPE!
*If you make less than $250,000 your taxes will not go up? NOPE!

Lobbyists are crap, I am willing to say it was a political favor to someone to get something done, and was a huge mistake-like Monsanto in charge of the FDA?? That is unconscionable.

He tried to cut the deficit, tried to close Gitmo too: The Cons halted all efforts. Calling this a lie and his fault is as Chris Rock said: Since the man can't cure Cancer, I'm gonna vote for Cancer! The problem was the Cons, the rest is smoke screening to perform the mandate of "Doing everything in their power to make Obama a one termer"

*If you like your doctor, under Obamacare you can keep him? NOPE!
*I don’t want to run auto companies or banks? NOPE!
*Shovel ready? NOPE!

First is wrong. Obamacare does nothing to change your doctor. Im guessing you actually know nothing about the law.
What do banks and autocompanies have to do with this discussion?
Shovel?
Is this some sort of random crazy rant like one sees in a cornfield sign sometimes?

Would you like me to keep going???

I invite you to present rational arguments and evidence. I have never heard of Obama promising to not raise taxes on those over 250k. In fact it seems one of the biggest critiques has been his attempts to "Spread the wealth". Can't have it both ways.

One of the most valiant well written
attempts at bursting through "the bubble", I've seen.
Well done. Don't be down if it has zero effect.
These ATS bubbles are weapons grade industrial strength*.

*(of course)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There are 370 million Americans. A LOT of evangelicals went to vote for Bush in 2008.

That would have been a helluva trick...
2nd line..

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
FYI, Ol Chuck had a nice appearance in the bad-ass man movie called Expendables 2. It wasnt very well done, but his part was some great comic relief in an otherwise horrible movie. Just saying, thats more recent than Total Gym or whatever he was selling.

Chuck Norris still rocks

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

agree totally good luck to you an there with you=

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'd imagine that I would vote for Chuck, or at least I would have before seeing him endorse those I refuse to vote for.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by DaTroof
Oh look, a fake badass is telling us what to think! Everyone pay attention!

Chuck Norris, Clint Eastwood... The GOP is really playing on the insecurities of wimpy men, aren't they?

I had similar thoughts. Bunch of tough guys made up for movies. Poor, Chuck, last thing I saw him doing was selling some exercise junk in a TV commercial.

Chuck Norris is in reality an acomplished marshal arts guy.....of note in his day.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
30 million stayed home...huh...maybe because Presidents aren't elected that way! The popular vote...that which YOU cast when you go to the polls isn't worth a bucket of warm p!ss. It MIGHT sway the electoral college...but not necessarily. The electoral college can choose to vote for whomever they want and you get to suck it. This is Why participating in your state elections is so important...these ARE the people that choose the president and you choose them. Voting for President is a backdrop to make people feel they have a choice. The polls are reviewed, notes taken and then it gets filed away.

Voting Repub or Dem or Third party for pres just sends a message to the Gov about which philosophy of Governance people are leaning toward...nothing more. it sometimes influences the electoral college...but keep in mind...IT DOES NOT MEAN IT ALWAYS DOES!
You need to come to terms with this...

The Electoral College

So in a nutshell...if TPTB want Obama or Romney...it doesn't matter how the public votes...your vote only helps guide policy...State involvement is how you influence the Federal election for President.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Chucky should stick to punching people paid to take a fall his ideas are whack

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Sorry Chuck I am not buying it. Both parties are one in the same. In fact, the dem's may be the lesser of the two evils.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join