It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. ‘Scales Back’ Joint Military Exercise With Israel, After First Postponing It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Report: U.S. ‘Scales Back’ Joint Military Exercise With Israel, After First Postponing It

Austere Challenge 12 is still set to go forward in October, but with less than one-third the number of U.S. troops and fewer anti-missile systems, according to Time:

Instead of the approximately 5,000 U.S. troops originally trumpeted for Austere Challenge 12…the Pentagon will send only 1,500 service members, and perhaps as few as 1,200. Patriot anti-missile systems will arrive in Israel as planned, but the crews to operate them will not. Instead of two Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense warships being dispatched to Israeli waters, the new plan is to send one, though even the remaining vessel is listed as a “maybe,” according to officials in both militaries.

“Basically what the Americans are saying is, ‘We don’t trust you,’” a unnamed senior Israeli military official told Time. But a Pentagon spokesman pushed back against the report, both that the scope of the exercise had changed or that it was a sign of U.S. mistrust.

It's about time America starting cutting off Israel over a hundred billion dollars has been wasted on this terrorist nation not to mention all of the American lives that been lost because of it. No America doesn't trust you because we know what kind of lying, murdering savages that run your government. If you want to wage war with your neighbors go ahead just leave America out of it. Because as Michael Scheuer said Israel isn't worth 'an American life or an American dollar'.
edit on 3-9-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I saw this earlier but didn't have time to post it.
It may mean that Iran isn't going to be hit immediately but the first thing that I thought was that Obama was going to be green lit for this, the Israelis will see this as betrayal. They will seek revenge plus it sends a message to Pres. Romney as to what will happen if he steps out of line.
edit on 3-9-2012 by abdel because: because because

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Its just another move on the bigger agenda,
www.timesofisrael.com...

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

America seems to be distancing itself from Israel.

Sounds good to me. Once Israel understands that America isn't guarding its back, its less likely to launch an attack on Iran.

If Israel wanted to wipe Iran out, it would've done so, years ago. (Hey, they wiped the floor with several muslim armies in the past, didn't they? Israel is invincible, right???)

The problem is that Israel knows that it cant go alone. Israel seems to understand that whatever it stands to lose (from a failed war with Iran) far outweighs whatever it has to gain.

Iran being a bigger country, can absorb damage thats inflicted by an Israeli attack.
But after that... its no holds barred. Israel becomes the aggressor. Iran would be 100% justified in annihilating the aggressor.... i.e - Israel.

P.S - I wonder if there would be people who would label Iran as "anti-semitic" for responding against an Israeli attack. I wouldn't be surprised... if that were the case.

So, go ahead Israel. Attack Iran.

Do it.

Now.

edit on 3-9-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Israel gets more American aid than any other nation, with very little return on Investment for America.

It's time that most foreign aid was stopped.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Israel gets more American aid than any other nation, with very little return on Investment for America.

It's time that most foreign aid was stopped.

Three Billion a year , every year.

Its not like the US is broke though, surely that money wont be missed.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Personally, I'm surprised at the amount of support in America for Israel, and surprised at why it is such a hot button political issue in the United States.

Support for Israel isn't even a topic of discussion in the elections of any other country, but it seems to be almost a number one priority, even to the point where political candidates seem to think that they need to visit Israel when running to bolster their foreign policy credentials. It doesn't make any sense at all.

If Americans really knew what went on in Israel, and how the Israeli Government treated their own citizens, they would recoil in horror.

new topics

top topics

join