It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A novice in quest of finding "Identity"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Greetings Everyone,

I am a new member to ATS family who joined this forum on my quest to dig, gain insight into that "Hidden", "Mystical" unknown realm governed by Universal Laws of nature. Far beyond understanding of a novice of my likes.

I am a newbie/novice who has been keenly interested in mysticism, spirituality right from childhood. As days progressed by and acquired adulthood found spirutual, herbal pursuits to be my calling. Not sure when would be my day but yes, it would happen for sure. One fine day, glanced upon this site which couldn't be a coincidence... my faith in universal laws of nature tells me

My interests out here include Tratak/Third eye/Pineal gland activation, OBE, Teleportation, finding natural cures for Pre-mature hair greying, baldness, rejuvenation techniques.

Look forward to seek help from all you samaritans out there on these pursuits.

Thanks a ton,

"Lilalice going through the rabit hole"

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Welcome.

Go to India.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilalice

"Lilalice going through the rabit hole"

I am not so sure the rabbit will like it...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lilalice

"Far beyond understanding of a novice of my likes" Dont fret. No one else understands anything either. The ones that claim to know anything 100% are the only ones that I feel comfortable calling liars.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

My interests out here include Tratak/Third eye/Pineal gland activation, OBE, Teleportation, finding natural cures for Pre-mature hair greying, baldness, rejuvenation techniques.

Sorry, no such things exist.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Why not? If there weren't such strict rules on ATS about psychadelic use, or any for that matter, there would be a lot more threads about all of his interests except the stuff about greying/balding.

Oops forgot, welcome to ATS!!! You seem to have very cool interests, I bet you could find some cool books about them, from this site.
edit on 9/3/12 by Vicker because: oops

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Dear lilalice,

Welcome to ATS. Hope you find the answers that will benefit you, then again, sometimes just asking the questions has value. As a Chinese friend has told me numerous times, the person when ends a journey is never the same as the person who began it. Pick your journey, your challenges and choices, always take responsibility for them and remember, you can always go back to the beginning. Peace and you got a flag for letting us know what you were interested in.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

I am from india indeed.. Searching out for a true Guru amidst herd of quacks proclaiming themselves as "Enlightened'. I sincerely hope that someday my quest would make me meet my Guru. Thanks !!!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Hi lilalice, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Welcome.

Don't wait for others to define you. Enjoy your journey.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicker

Why not? If there weren't such strict rules on ATS about psychadelic use, or any for that matter, there would be a lot more threads about all of his interests except the stuff about greying/balding.

Dreaming or hallucinating about things does not make them real.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Oh damn....really? Wait....what?

What you think is real and what others think is real might not be the same thing. For instance my current girlfriend seems to think just about every TV show on MTV is real enough to talk about for long periods of time.

What i think guides me might be something that has popped out of mother earth and brought by rain, or a Bible. Or a post on ATS. Or a Buddhist Anonymous class. Or a snow cone. Mmmmmm....

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Welcome to the boards. See you out there.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Oh damn....really? Wait....what?

What you think is real and what others think is real might not be the same thing.

I did not say that it's not possible to think (believe) that these things exist. I said, as a fact, that they do not. This is regardless of what anyone might "think".

For instance my current girlfriend seems to think just about every TV show on MTV is real enough to talk about for long periods of time.

Like said, it does not matter. Eating substances with psychadelic effects will not give you "unnatural" powers. Regardless of what you or the person under influence thinks.

[think]
What i think guides me might be something that has popped out of mother earth and brought by rain, or a Bible. Or a post on ATS. Or a Buddhist Anonymous class. Or a snow cone. Mmmmmm....

It makes no difference to the discussion if it's a bible or a pine cone that guides you through life.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

reply to post by CrimsonMoon

I am from india indeed.. Searching out for a true Guru amidst herd of quacks proclaiming themselves as "Enlightened'. I sincerely hope that someday my quest would make me meet my Guru. Thanks !!!

Im almost certain he may have been sarcastic....ok maybe 70/30.......just came off that way. What are the odds that you'd actually be from india? And youre asking us for advice?

Understand that everything you are is no more as you were, but you are now what you were meant to be from who you was....while you are being you now.

make sense? Good.....

edit on 3-9-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I am a newbie/novice who has been keenly interested in mysticism, spirituality right from childhood.

Welcome. I have to ask, with these pursuits are you sure you're not a novice in search of never FINDING your identity? What is your level of education, age, and goals in the real world?
edit on 9/3/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

Hi lilalice, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

wow! she is getting the red carpet! Must be a special one, eh?

Welcome alice, and watch out for gopher holes unless you're playing the track at st. andrews

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You are correct about it giving not you unnatural powers. It gives you the opposite. Natural powers. The ability to see and sense auras be it negative or positive, for instance. That is where my neighbor's dog got his ability to sense what people are feeling or sometimes thinking. But who knows, maybe my neighbor's dog is insane. Or maybe he has tried things you haven't.
edit on 9/3/12 by Vicker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for offering "red-carpet" treatment to this new member of your family.

BTW, it's "He".. not "She"
Neo alike Alice going through the rabbit hole

About myself... though being a Hindu by birth, I respect every other religion, sect that teaches us to be human first(empathetic to others as if we were all one soul and body). A stauch follower, supporter of Swami Vivekanand, I am trying to follow his foot-steps... Would owe gratitude to that almighty spirit if I'd be able to match pace with any of his teachings someday.

Right now trying to strike out balance between materialistic and spiritualistic world..

May God bless all of us in our pursuits !!!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

You are correct about it giving not you unnatural powers. It gives you the opposite. Natural powers. The ability to see and sense auras be it negative or positive, for instance. That is where my neighbor's dog got his ability to sense what people are feeling or sometimes thinking. But who knows, maybe my neighbor's dog is insane. Or maybe he has tried things you haven't.
edit on 9/3/12 by Vicker because: (no reason given)

I knew I was going to regret it by calling it "unnatural".. therefore I put it at least within quotation..
There is no such thing as "auras", so I would still call that unnatural.

Did your neighbor's dog get fed with psychedelic substances? ("that is where my neighbor's dog got his.."). That doesn't sound right.
Dogs are known to read people well, and are therefore also used as medical aid (warning epileptics when it's time to lay down). Dogs don't need substances to read you.
The other part of all this is that since people know they are "smart" that way, it's easy to start thinking that everything a dog does he/she does it because of a "sense".
Especially if the observer is high on something.

new topics

top topics

join