It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Society Colleges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The Ivy League: Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Brown, Penn, Princeton, Dartmouth, Cornell.

Military Academies: West Point, Air Force Academy, Naval Academy, Merchant Marines Academies.

Other top US schools: Stanford, Duke, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, BC, MIT, UNC, list goes on...
US college rankings

Top international schools: Oxford, Cambridge, too many to list...
World college rankings

When it comes to endowment- Harvard(31 B) has 10 bil more than any other. Yale, Princeton and Stanford are over 15 bil. US schools by endowment

When thinking about which schools the elite go to, these are the type of places that come to mind immediately. 15 presidents attended Harvard, Yale, Columbia or Princeton.

There's also Rockefeller University in NYC.

Not interested in any of the above schools...

What I want this thread to be about is colleges that may be used as training grounds for the elite under the radar. They operate in secrecy don't they? Isn't it possible there is some school in America that gets little publicity but is actually of high importance?

Any ideas?

This one isn't too far under the radar, but a small liberal arts school in Memphis called Rhodes College may be worth looking in to. It was founded by the Masonic Lodge of Tennessee in 1848 and bears the name of one of the major imperial families in the modern world.

There doesn't necessarily have to be famous alum, as it is possible that the elite at the highest levels don't do much in the public realm. Maybe they don't go to college at all?

I'd like to know if anyone here has insight into any colleges that may be secret hubs of elite activity.

edit on 2-9-2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yes. It's called the military.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well, first that comes to mind is the University of Chicago.. It was founded by John D. Rockefeller. it's where Obama "taught" before becoming Senator. It was instrumental in the development of the atomic bomb. It's not exactly unknown.. in fact it's definitely among the top-rated school in the US. But you could make the argument that its importance is greater than is let on, and many would call it "underrated" for sure.
edit on 2-9-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Interesting thread but....I do not think there are any 'unknown' univercities which are operating under the radar for purposes you mentioned. Because these 'connected' families want to give their children the best education there is, by the best educators. Therefore they sent them to the 'secretive' places like yale and so on...they have the 'all in' package.

edit on 2/9/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
the majority of the worlds elite did not get their status from a school....

they inherited it from their rich parents
and went to a rich school with other rich like minded individuals
they passed tests with money

then went on to become world leaders...

if they went to public school and didn't have parents to bribe their way to success....
they would be losers like you or me...

if i become rich...
i will bribe ANYONE who stops my incredibly dumb child from also becoming rich
heck i would even build my own college if i have to
edit on 3-9-2012 by Insearchofthetruth1987 because: spell

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Was looking into this a little more and found a page for top ten colleges by biggest endowment per student...

www.cnbc.com...

10. Grinnell College, Iowa - 749,309
9. Amherst, Massachusetts - 794,579
8. MIT
7. Swarthmore College, Pennsylvania -819,183
6. Stanford
5. Pomona College, California- 942,940
4. Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Mass. - 1,096,595
3.Harvard
2. Yale
1. Princeton

Didn't include the numbers for the obvious schools.

This list shows that many small schools can take care of students who are used to privilege.

top topics

join