It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Offended??? SO WHAT!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Even worse than ketchup is...bbq sauce. How could anyone hate on themselves or a steak in such a heinous way.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you so much for this, OP. Well done.

We here in America are so much like ancient Rome at this point, it's eerie.

In Rome, you were a "nobody" unless everyone else thought you were "somebody". I remember reading this, and shaking my head at those poor ancient people and their backwards ways. Imagine a whole culture of people that were completely dependent on what other people thought for their self-esteem and feelings of self-worth.

Then it hit me.

A few thousand years from now, what will people think of us and our present culture?

Someone will most definitely be shaking his or her head and wondering what the heck our problem was, and how we could all be so blind considering all the examples that came before us.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Offended vs Not offended...if I owned a forum, it would be over 18 only and zero mods. But this isn't my forum so the owners of ATS get to decide that stuff; maybe taking up the issue with them and asking why they mod and say some topics are out of bounds would help you come to terms with your issues.

Having said that; if you want to post ATS forums or any forum you have to obey their rules, simple as that. It's sort of interesting that what you're complaining about is what you are doing. Others can't whine but you can author a thread whining about whining? Because that's what you're doing. Just accept it the way it is; and study why your own emotions get so worked up. You aren't the center of the universe my friend so suck it up, it's not a big deal.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

Did you read a single word of the OP? Or just see the title and run with it?

Thanks for sharing...

~Heff

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Exactly, what happened. Nice isn't it?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

OUCH! I think I just felt a couple of brain cells commit suicide after that one.

Have you even read the thread? Some of it is humorous and some serious...great reading IMO. I suggest you go back over the pages.

Then apoligize.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am a narcissist and I have a superiority complex. I genuinely believe that I am better than most people. Most superiority complexes stem from an underlying inferiority complex but the true narcissist with the true superiority complex does not care about being liked or admired. The true narcissist does not care about what others think of him at all. I dont.

So the world has an inferiority complex. That is what capitalism is.

Capitalism is an inferiority complex.

You are all inferior and you are trying to make up for it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
Offended vs Not offended...if I owned a forum, it would be over 18 only and zero mods. But this isn't my forum so the owners of ATS get to decide that stuff; maybe taking up the issue with them and asking why they mod and say some topics are out of bounds would help you come to terms with your issues.

Having said that; if you want to post ATS forums or any forum you have to obey their rules, simple as that. It's sort of interesting that what you're complaining about is what you are doing. Others can't whine but you can author a thread whining about whining? Because that's what you're doing. Just accept it the way it is; and study why your own emotions get so worked up. You aren't the center of the universe my friend so suck it up, it's not a big deal.

I AM OFFENDED that you didn't read the thread and then went on thinking and then whining about what you thought someone else was whining about whining!

SHEESH!!!

/handsshaking but picks up big rock and throws it over horizon in offended offense.

And before you go and get all offended I am offended at myself for mangling the english language offensively!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
BTW... awesome thread again...

Credit where credit is due. Even if unintentional I am having a blast even if my humor is singular...

I'll bow out again...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I read the thread just I'm making a point in my own humorous way...how many posts are straight off the headlines, with no one bothering to read it? 1000's, it is a serious problem here at ATS.

We choose sides all the time and rarely think about it, when I said what I did; what side did it put you on? When I replied to the mod as I did; what taken side's occurred?

I am trying to show that these things come from a chain of event's and side's get chosen in a snap; so it's important to pay very close attention that we can start choosing sides without even knowing we are.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Ok, I get it now.

People will always make snap judgements. Just like I did with your post.

But I didn't get the sense of humor at the time. Remember to add a
or a
next time so the rest of us can get on your wavelength.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Literally, if someone is yelling at me in my face and disrespecting me I have to have the mind of someone with a smile and calm charisma.

Naturally we are like rams, we think that it would be fun to get all the anger out and step up to the pride vs this other individual, fight with him.

It's all a lie.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Then my point wouldn't have gotten made, about choosing sides in the blink of an eye if it was obvious...

I authored a thread last week where over 2/3rds of the posters hit and run just off of the title. It seemed to be a good way to start the little experiment to show how these snap judgments and taking sides occur; and to be wary of them. I'm sorry that I pulled on over on you guys to make the point.
edit on 3-9-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: emoticon trouble and grammar

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Be careful doing that; in my experience it makes them even more angry.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I honestly have to admit, somewhat begrudgingly... I bit. After a few hours of explaining that steak and ketchup were not the actual meat and potatoes of this thread... frayed nerves had me set up to prove my own hypothesis in a very hypocritical manner.

I did confess, earlier, that I am a very faulted man. And I'd like to thank you for making that statement hit home for me now.

Sincerely and truly...

~Heff

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

lol I'm sorry about that, I can imagine the wrangling gets tedious. But it's true how very few people, actually add to a thread, I'm guilty of skimming at times, if I am already very familiar with a topic or hit a giant wall of text...but it's rare.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
Be careful doing that; in my experience it makes them even more angry.

You're right, what is the best thing to do when someone is yelling at you in and disrespecting very close to you?

I can't see saying sorry is going to make them less angry.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Just walk away; you don't have to stand there and take anyone's abuse, if they can discuss something calmly and rationally then stick around. Arguing back doesn't work either, no one is being heard in that case, and it just escalates. So taking a walk is best, if it is with a loved one; say to them I can't discuss this right now and then walk away, you can talk to them calmly after they have calmed down.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What Hefficide said,

and they all said Amen, well I said amen, hope that didn't offend anyone,

It is the control drama, the Celestine Prophecy and the experiential guide to the Celestine prophecy explain it .

www.sortlifeout.co.uk...

We are all players with different roles, you can step out of the drama and watch it unfold. Most are actually unaware of the role we have been playing until we wake up, like spoiled children it is how we get our way.

The intimidator/bully, bullies you into submission for instance, and the poor me has learned to submit to survive.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You "99 %" er's are so freakin stupid. Don't you realize that Romney simply took advantage of the tax code that is in place? Just as everyone does that has personal property? Just like every home owner does when they do their taxes, they are allowed to write off the interest on their mortgage, business owners do as well.

All I see from you wiener's is envy of someone else that has worked smart and took advantage of the opportunities that came their way.

I am not a rich person. I wasn't given much of anything from my parents except for love, food, public education and roof over my head and a good foundation of morals.

Quick story, I foreclosed on my first house I bought on my own, at age 25, I had decent credit because I paid my bills on time. I had to foreclose, because my business failed. Took me 5 years to get back on my feet to qualify for another home loan, @ 10% interest(in which I bought a foreclosed home that was so nasty inside, the realtor wouldn't even take me for a walk through. I bought that house, because of the potential and the price. Three years later, my house was demolished my hurricane Isabel. After it got rebuilt by professionals, paid for by my insurance company, I took out an equity loan and bought a 20 acre piece of land that was foreclosed.

Sold that piece of land, tippled my money and bought a house to rent out. Since then, I have bought 2 more rental properties.

So, does that make me a bad person for taking advantage of my misfortune and turning it into a positive?
That is the American way. If you have a strong desire to succeed, you can. Dont just sit on the side line and bad mouth people that do. Get off your ass and look for the opportunities that you can't see, because you have your head stuck so far up your rear you cant see.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join