It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tepco releases badly altered image of Fukushima Unit 4

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
everyone alters images digitally. if you make an accusation, you should atleast make an attemp to be vaguely specific.
ugh well atleast you didnt talk about how intelligent dolphins are.

Are you blind? Did you not see the OBVIOUS amateur smudge?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Looks like one of my attempts at photo editing.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Kino321
everyone alters images digitally. if you make an accusation, you should atleast make an attemp to be vaguely specific.
ugh well atleast you didnt talk about how intelligent dolphins are.

Are you blind? Did you not see the OBVIOUS amateur smudge?

I would be surprised if Kino had the almonds to come back in and respond to his last comment after he obviously failed to see the Most obvious MS Paint touch up job in Internet history.

Hey Kino E Z F C Z P .....ect......might be time.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There are a lot of anamolies in the Japan footage.

cluesforum.info...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

Actually, if you look at the pic at the Tepco site and translate the text next to it, it says something about the alteration of the pic, namely that it has been altered to prevent a physical security risk of showing the nuclear material.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MarthaFocker

perspective?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

The perspectives are nearly the same, I don't see how that would drastically change the dimensions off the seperate buildings.

I also don't see how a camera lens could cause that in such a drastic way with such small distances between the buildings.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If they used MS PAINT to cover up what was underneath wouldn't there be a filter of some kind that can "restore" the image since the color selection would not be consistent across the whole image?
edit on 4-9-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarthaFocker
reply to post by B3lz3buth

Actually, if you look at the pic at the Tepco site and translate the text next to it, it says something about the alteration of the pic, namely that it has been altered to prevent a physical security risk of showing the nuclear material.

Link to the TEPCO site containing text next to the picture:
photo.tepco.co.jp...
(Scroll down and you'll see the photo and the text.)

The text next to the picture:
撮影日:平成24年8月22日

・核物質防護上の観点から、写真の一部を加工しておりましたが、不適切と受け止められる加工となっておりま したので、写真については、差し替えしております。

Google Translate translates the text as follows:

"August 22, Heisei 24 Photography day:
From the point of view on the physical protection of nuclear materials, which had been part of the photo processing, so processing has become perceived as inappropriate, for the photos, we have been replaced."

In other words, "Since Enenews called us out on altering the photo, we have now replaced the photo with a new version of the photo with the bottom part - which contained the obvious digital alteration - cut out. Since we now have to explain ourselves after being called out by Enenews, we are now telling you that we altered the photo for the 'physical protection of nuclear materials.'"

So, the text next to the photo was apparently added only after Enenews called them out on altering the photo.

They're saying they altered the photo for "the physical protection of nuclear materials." So are they saying they're concerned someone might try to break in after dark and steal radioactive materials from the building or something? To me, it seems like a vague catch-all explanation no different than our government's catch-all "National Security" explanation that is so often used when they're caught covering something up.

Should we now believe TEPCO's explanation of why they altered the photo, now that they've been forced to come up with one?
edit on 4-9-2012 by JimPrange because: added content, text, capitilization & highlights, improved wording

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JimPrange

No we shouldn´t.

I completely agree with your point.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yesterday, a member of one of my Facebook discussion groups posted this photo of the #4 building, with the following comment:

"A zoom on #4 from May 28th 012. You can see the west wall truck bay opening that they photo-shopped over. Now look at the base of the south wall. Except for maybe a few pieces of rebar I don't think that wall is attached to the foundation anymore. The fuel pool is right above."

Enenews updates on this story:

====

September 4th, 2012 at 2:56 pm ET
Tepco edits ‘photoshopped’ image — Removes original alteration (PHOTO)
enenews.com...

Enenews:
"The altered area has been cropped out of the new image."

====

September 4th, 2012 at 7:21 pm ET
Tepco: "We fabricated part of the photo"
enenews.com...

TEPCO's statement next to the photo, from their English language website:
"We had fabricated a part of the photo in terms of physical protection. We replaced the photo of which the fabrication may be taken inappropriate."

====

September 5th, 2012 at 1:21 am ET
Tepco Alters Again: “We replaced photo for physical protection of nuclear materials”
enenews.com...

Enenews:
"First, Tepco released the badly altered photo, which was deleted and replaced with an alteration of the original alteration. Now Tepco has altered their original statement on the alterations."

TEPCO's original statement next to the photo, from their English language website:
"We had fabricated a part of the photo in terms of physical protection. We replaced the photo of which the fabrication may be taken inappropriate."

TEPCO's newly altered statement next to the photo, from their English language website:
"We replaced the photo for physical protection of nuclear materials."

====

September 5th, 2012 at 4:37 am ET
Report: Tepco reveals damage to Unit 4 near ‘photoshopped’ area (PHOTO)
enenews.com...

Excerpts of SimplyInfo article selected by Enenews:

"TEPCO released two reports in Japanese last week on order of NISA to explain the soundness of unit 4."
[...]
"The new reports make some key admissions. The west and south walls are degrading and also may have been worse than TEPCO had previously admitted. Floor damage is also expanded from what was previously reported. Cracks on the inside of the west wall was also reported for the first time. It appears some of this is building degradation and some is new findings as they gain access to more areas of the building for closer inspections."
[...]
"The August 2012 report in Japanese shows the west wall [...] 4th floor as failed with the entire 3rd floor now failed with half of the 2nd floor now partially failed. In May 2011 the 2nd floor was assumed sound. This newly declared partially damaged area is above the garage door opening TEPCO has attempted to photoshop out of recent images."

====

September 5th, 2012 at 1:19 pm ET
Tepco Makes “Critical” Admission: Fukushima Unit 4 quake testing “does not take horizontal shaking into equation” — Claims it can withstand a “6+” quake only apply to VERTICAL shaking
enenews.com... hstand-6-quake-only-apply-to-vertical-shaking

Excerpt of SimplyInfo article selected by Enenews:

"The admission that the quake testing does not take horizontal shaking into the equation is critial [sic]. The west wall already has issues with stability and the building supports to the west of the spent fuel pool are destroyed. These two issues make horizontal movement an issue."
edit on 5-9-2012 by JimPrange because: for physical protection of nuclear materials

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimPrange
"A zoom on #4 from May 28th 012. You can see the west wall truck bay opening that they photo-shopped over. Now look at the base of the south wall. Except for maybe a few pieces of rebar I don't think that wall is attached to the foundation anymore. The fuel pool is right above."

Judging from the altered photo and the following diagrams I'd have to disagree.

Ok so you see the green crane top left on the altered photo. That appears to be the refuelling crane which judging from the isometric diagram the pool will be directly below it. Now there is a pool above the cracked corner but from the black and white diagram that appears to be an equipment pool, must be for storing equipment that is in direct contact with the fuel.

Originally posted by MarthaFocker
There are a lot of anamolies in the Japan footage.

Let's not be silly

edit on 5-9-2012 by modern because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
but.... but...... NASA does this all the time, and get defended for it

TEPCO does it and they have to answer for it?

Interesting......

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yes they did. i just went to the "direct link" link in the OP and sure enough, photo is cut off just as illustrated in your post. They can't even cover-up their cover-up very well.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by modern

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove with those lines, it was obvious that those pics weren't from exactly the same perspective.

From your own link

Smaller as their distance from the observer increases

In both pics, the building on the right is the closest one from those points of views, yet in the upper pic it is the smallest building, while in the lower pic it is the biggest building.

In the upper pic, the building on the left, the one furthest away, is bigger than the one closest by, and in the lower pic it is the other way around.

Also that slight difference in perspective between the pics doesn't change the mutual dimensions as dramatically like that.

Those pics can't both be accurate, they don't match up.

edit on 5-9-2012 by MarthaFocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

the fate of humaity isnt at risk with nasa's ones though

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

When I first saw this report I was truly taken back by it. I have seem some outrageous things go down here in Japan since the Fukushima crisis started but this tops almost all of the things TEPCO has presented to the public. They are not even trying anymore. What is very badly covered up in that photo is most likely a hole.

The building, which looks to have been removed and the hole Photoshopped out, looks to be a entry point to the reactor from the ground level. I think TEPCO is afraid to release a photo of the reactor building with a huge hole in the side of it.

If it is not a hole due to removal of a connecting building, then it could also be a hole which some people talked about being created from a side blast on the building. The side blast hole I believe made it`s rounds in the news feeds a few months ago.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Unless of course, it was more than a simple "hydrogen explosion", more akin to a small nuclear explosion that ripped the building off the foundations.

I still think the reactor explosions were nuclear in nature, and not hydrogen.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I thought this might help things and just came across it myself earlier this evening....

September 12, 2012 Fukushima Status Update with Photos all around

I've also had this one for awhile but things do get lost around here... Hope it helps a bit more on background.

600 Photos of Fukushima - Indexed

and the latest which is actually a new development as I'd see it....the clear exposure of the fuel holding pool for reactor unit #3

September 24, 2012 Fukushima Status Update with Photos (and spent fuel storage)

So it's a mixed bag out of there lately, IMO. Progress anyway, however slow.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join