It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this ugly red stuff on our borders..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
Is this website gonna be open soon?

It's been running since Monday, the opening of the Republican National Convention.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So, is there going to be advertising like this for every country's elections or is the USA the world now?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
So, is there going to be advertising like this for every country's elections or is the USA the world now?

I would think this is for The United States, as ATS, originates from the United States also.

Here's some knowledge on the site. Its been brought up before, actually.

Stremor Corp, a Scottsdale, Arizona technology startup, launched Unpartial.com, a news aggregator website that takes advantage of Liquid Helium, their language heuristics engine that analyzes political news content to help users understand the bias and spin inherent in contemporary coverage of politics. Launched on the official start of the Republican National Convention, the website is an extraordinary tool for understanding the evolution of political rhetoric in the news

Political News Analysis Website, Unpartial.com, Launched by Stremor Before the Opening the Republican National Convention.

Who knows. Maybe they will eventually incorporate, the rest of the Worlds Political Parties, but for now, it looks like Its the United States, only.

One more thing. The owners of this site, can do what they want, regardless if a few people don't like it. No one is forcing ANYBODY to log in........

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Maybe it should just analyze everything every world leader says. Sounds like a good use for it

I'm not against the site, just the advertising of it. Seems to go against many reasons as to why people joined this site, but that's just me.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I would think this is for The United States, as ATS, originates from the United States also.

Not really, it says the founder SimonGray is from the UK (England) www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nick Pope speaking in my hometown (Wiltshire, UK) www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I was a little undecided about the new site, but became more concerned when one of our members posted this:

While social search is undoubtedly powerful and a step in the right direction, the need for this added layer of credibility in search is even more important, returning results from the true experts at that topic.
Excuse me???? "The true experts??" The experts that Unpartial believes to be the true experts?? I'm sorry, but this should really be explained. Even then, I probably won't like it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The correct information can be found here.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dear Hefficide,

Sorry for flying off the handle and not checking all the links. May I put some of the blame on the hour? It's still an interesting question for me though. When do we cross the border between search heuristics that present us with (scientifically obtained) opinions and just rummaging through stuff on our own.

I know there's too much information out there to be examined individually, but I'm an old fart and maybe too set in my ways. Anyway, good luck, I hope it does everything it's supposed to.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

It intends to go way beyond that.

As Liquid Helium is largely powered by its ability to vet the credibility of content, it goes one step beyond the current trend of social search. While social search is undoubtedly powerful and a step in the right direction, the need for this added layer of credibility in search is even more important, returning results from the true experts at that topic. As Stremor’s CTO, Brandon Wirtz says, if he’s searching for information about physics, “Stephen Hawking knows more about photons than any of my friends.”

Forbes Article on Stremor Corp

Search is a HUGE business, and is currently lacking in many areas.
edit on 2-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

I know I did some work for a Microsoft company with regards to cloud computing, multi platform, multi device and marketing including intelligent search engine technology.

Most of the stuff from these is corporate with a lot of money attached, they aren't the only propagators of this strata, but I hope it has some ethical purpose as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Do the people that would use this site really need to have their news "unspun"?

It seems to me the people who need unspun news wouldn't know enough to actually find or use this site anyways, and those who do use the site don't need it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's "political season" here in the USA, and they are launching a new site. Hmm.

Wouldn't you if you were in their shoes?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
its Adness

ADNESS: Adness is defined as advertising that generates a negative reaction from the very people it’s trying to persuade.

The broken social contract between advertisers and consumers is the root of all adness. Examples of adness include advertisements that violate the social contract by blocking content, invading personal spaces, employing shocking or deceptive tactics to get attention, using “adspeak” instead of conversational language and delivering inappropriate messages at an unsuitable time. The term was coined by Carton Donofrio Partners in 2010. In an effort to take a stand against adness, the Baltimore agency launched www.StopTheAdness.org to inspire change within the advertising industry.

Adness

I think this word fits, the people behind the advertising should have gotten feed back from the people its trying promote.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I agree!

The new background images are a mockery of the ATS members who use ATS at no cost other than contributing insightful content now and then.

The site owners, who pay all the bills and take the financial risks, should ask the membership every time prior to making a background image change, or promoting something they feel is worthy of promotion.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
Is this website gonna be open soon?

cause this ugly red crap on my border is really annoying..

Unspin..what is it and why are we being subjected to it's oh so uglyness?

just get on with it already and put my pretty ATS border back..K?

It's Martian weed!
ya know

top topics

<< 1   >>

join