It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Arrested After 'Burglars' Shot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
If you turn a gun on another person and pull the trigger no matter the reason, you should get arrested.

I don't see anything wrong here.

Are you F*%$%N kidding me ???? i live in Florida, ( Stand your ground ) so don;t even look at me wrong you fool

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GreatOwl

Minor problem there. When seconds count the police are minutes away. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Immediate protection from criminal types has to be provided by the home owner. Unless your so rich you can afford a panic room and 24 hr security. Most of us aren't though. Without a gun frankly most people are not much more than tasty sheep confronting wolves.

Video. A gun would have stopped this.
edit on 3-9-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You can thank 50 years of liberalism for this rubbish.

I haven't read the article, however, if they legally own the weapon, then I think they will be released or certainly if the useless CPS try and prosecute, they won't be found guilty. The good thing now since that useless shower of a Labour reign of treason has come to an end, Courts are now backing people who defend themselves in their own home and its been too long in coming. This is how it is in most countries, only this backward liberal mess of a country puts the rights of the offender higher than the rights of the victim.

If a person breaks in to your home, you should be able to defend yourself through any and every means available. Reasonable force is not just a pat on the back, reasonable force is dependent on the situation. Killing another person who is a threat or perceived threat to your life, is reasonable force, anybody who has ever worked in the Police will tell you this. If a gang broke in to my home and I perceived them as a threat to my life and my families life, I could stick a knife in each of them and that would still constitute reasonable force and believe me, I would in a second.

If you knowingly break the law, that is your problem and if you knowingly force entry in to another person's property to commit criminal deeds then as far as I'm concerned, if you get beaten to oblivion or half your head blown away, you had it coming.

People need to realise just how violent this country is getting, I know because I've worked with it day and night. I think may be its about time such information become more available to the public. This country is getting more violent, not just our own unemployable degenerates, but foreign criminals and gangs are extrememly violent, like nothing we've been used to post 20th century. I think people need to wise up to this, whether some Commie copper wants to prosecute you or not, defend yourselves at all times, by all means necessary.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

If you turn a gun on another person and pull the trigger no matter the reason, you should get arrested.

That is a very naive comment to make. There are people out there who simply want to have it all for nothing, there are people out there who simply want to destroy Human life and there are others that want both. You have to defend yourself, even fight for your life and to have this attitude to me is dangerous. You may not want to harm another Human, but believe me there are many who would not think twice about harming you or your family. Don't think that world is all sunshine and smiles, because its not, in fact its far from it and its getting worse every day.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The problem in the UK is that any firearms owned legally are for sporting / pest control only, and NOT home or self defence. This has always been the case, even before the crazy knee-jerk bans we had in the past.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this couple get the book thrown at them as an example to others, making the point that the use of firearms to defend oneself is the sole privilege of the police and elites, via their taxpayer funded protection squads.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You remember that while some scumbag holds your wife/mother/daughter/sister down raping her telling you how good it will feel to slit their throat when he's done. People like you blow my mind as much as the people who commit these crimes.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Thank you for clearing that up. I can certainly understand how the adrenaline got the better of you. I'm glad you protected your family and are okay, and I wish you well on your legal matters.

I had a whole lot here I wanted to relate about my experience growing up in a tough neighborhood and what it taught me. But I'm erasing it and leaving it unsaid. I'll say instead, I'm so worn out from, oddly enough, living in a better neighborhood. It is very challenging living among the idealistic suburban moms who have not ever had to find out the hard way that in reality, even with the best of intentions and diligence, the police cant anticipate and prevent crime as well as their idealistic imaginations lead them to believe the police do. Somehow it escapes their notice that, by the very nature of most crimes, the police can usually only be summoned during, or most likely, after the fact. As long as these well meaning idealists persist in their delusions, we are going to have an increase in laws and a collective viewpoint that shifts the balance of power ever more to the criminal element and leaves the rest of us virtually defenseless.

But then, they will have the intimate knowledge of what living in a crime ridden environment is really like even in their "that can't happen here" neighborhood...and it will be too late. Someone will invade their home, they will defend it...and get caught by the same laws they encouraged in their ignorance and idealism.

As an example of the mentality I'm up against, one day I found myself in a conversation in which one of the moms was raging about another mom who put her kids in martial arts classes. "Eeek, it's so violent, what does that teach our children. What kind of mom would put their kids in classes like that. There is no teamwork. Eeeeeeeeek!". The moms just went crazy on this topic. I never knew teaching children the art of self defence would ever be seen as a bad thing...until I moved in among this crowd. Guns are evil and now karate is evil. Fine...I can still wield a mean spatula!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Mianeye

Figures an anti gun troll would post in here...
Wonder what hed do if someone broke into THEIR house...
"hey, get outta my house"

So because i comment on a perfectly normal arrest in a case where guns were used to harm another person, i am an anti gun troll.
Well that makes sense

Police can't start an investigation and question you without arresting you? Should an investigation be done? Yes. Should an arrest be made? No.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Sad to see the British emasculated like this especially witht the Magna Carta that influenced the American Bill of Rights! it is still law in Britain and preserves many rights along with the English Bill of Rights and the traditions of Every freemen being armed. To bad Britain's like Americans have forgotten their history. www.guncite.com...

This is why many Americans are so adamant about their second amendment rights!

Anyone who claims this sort of tyranny is perfectly fine is a disgrace to humanity!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by CX

WOW

So, shoot the bad guy and go to jail?

Remind me to never move there.

Reasonable force .... is hard to quantify.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Don't be too sure that this couple will walk free from court ... .
news.bbc.co.uk...

A farmer who opened fire on two burglars who broke into his remote farmhouse has been found guilty of murder.
Tony Martin, 55, was sentenced to life at Norwich Crown Court for murdering 16-year-old Fred Barras by a majority verdict of 10 to two.

It's against the law to defend ourselves in England. Even if someone punches you, you will be arrested and charged for punching them back.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

There seems to be some misconception that the British were disarmed by the government. Truth is though that the British public were never armed in the first place. Those who had firearms, had them for sporting purposes and never as home / self defence weapons. Even in time of war, the issuing and holding of a firearm was not conveyed upon the population and was strictly controlled.
I, for one, would cringe at the idea of an armed population here in the UK, as with the holding of arms comes a lot of responsibility, something that is massively and sadly lacking here today.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Good thing you aren't writing the laws in the USA then...

Lots of decent folks have shot burglars or robbers defending themselves from possible death, and they do not get arrested in the USA (except for when the LE's don't respect the constitution)..

One idiot robber tried robbing a hardware store that sold guns, and the clerk simply raised his pistol and shot the perp right quick, and the police thanked him for saving them the trouble!
See how that works?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by hawkiye

There seems to be some misconception that the British were disarmed by the government. Truth is though that the British public were never armed in the first place. Those who had firearms, had them for sporting purposes and never as home / self defence weapons. Even in time of war, the issuing and holding of a firearm was not conveyed upon the population and was strictly controlled.
I, for one, would cringe at the idea of an armed population here in the UK, as with the holding of arms comes a lot of responsibility, something that is massively and sadly lacking here today.

No misconception at all the British "were" disarmed by the government many Britains kept firearms for self defense only and not for sport. The irrational fear of firearms is a rather new anomaly mostly pushed after WWII as Britain has a long history of every citizen armed and even requiring every citizen being armed at times in your history. Like I said its a shame Britains have forgotten their history as you seem to have also. Read the link in my previous post...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Glad I don't live in the UK. He would have been shot multiple times. Not just once, but two or three times if he was in my home. Sometimes, they aren't sufficiently stifled by the first round, one or two more will make sure he doesn't attempt to take my life after i turn my back while he is on the ground in my home.
edit on 3-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

Fart in a spacesuit?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

The difference there is that the farmer who shot the boy owned his gun illegally, the couple in the recent incident had a license. Not that it makes much of a difference, except in the eyes of the law.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Figures an anti gun troll would post in here...

Why is it that just because someone posts a different opinion to other's that they are automatically labelled a 'troll'?
He's not - he's simply expressing his opinion etc - that is the very essence of this site - or at least it used to be

CX

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies....

I do appreciate that there is a need for an investigation when someone gets shot, i mean for all we know these guys could have been there under different circumstances. Until an investigation takes place that can't be ascertained.

I just feel very passionately about anyone taking or invading another persons property. I hate it with a passion.

If you break into my house, my kids are there.....expect more than a cup of tea with a biscuit.

CX.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

We haven't forgotten history, but what you link to is meaningless and deals with events and laws going back several hundred years. In more modern times, the British people have not been armed at all except for sporting / pest control firearms. Even before the second world war this was the case and ownership was NOT the right of citizens at all, unless required by the government to protect their arses.

I always find it funny when I see the gung-ho ravings of the US gun nuts, with the old adage "they can have my gun when they prise it from my cold dead hand". The truth being they will meekly hand them over when the Feds come knocking to confiscate them. Sure, there will be a few who resist, but on the whole they'll hand them in and grumble about it quietly.

Thing is, the elites who govern us all, globally, will have their installed leaders disarm anyone who may look like a threat. It's not a left or right thing, that is simply another construct used to divide and conquer the masses, who are now too dumb to think objectively outside of TV supplied soundbites and party political directives.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join