It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interpretations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Music is a very powerful TOOL for every sect of society and rightfully so, as intended, it seeks every open space and branches out. Nothing IMO can compare to how wutang manifests itself as a group and essentially created it's own market
They clearly spell this out in the song I'm going to refer to-

Ok so if you're interested, take the song lyrics from BOBBY DIGITAL- SILKWORM.
Here is something I found very fascinating and very profound about this particular song.

Lyrics: "I got oscar nominee MCs stuck to my hatchet.."
I'm assuming most people take such a statement to be about violence,.. I don't.
Here is what came to me:
My interpretation: These guys (wutang) have been around a long time and don't get enough credit for how powerful their words are.
In my interpretation, the hatchet represents an arm on a record player and the needle burns right into the record -it's so hot. The records these guys got inspiration from are most likely from a different path than the mainstream, and in this way, they're paying homage to their mentors.
Wutang never fit in because they're intelligent,cryptic and naturally they see that alot of artists get shafted because of hollywood style politics and they LIVE IT.
It's almost as if they thrive in the "dark" which is also another powerful metaphor pertaining to this group. Meanwhile, the true darkness is thrust into the light (mainstream and hollow crap)
I believe that music is the pulse of society.
Anywways, let me know if i'm off base here.
Peace
edit on 2-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Here is 1 to decypher:

Blows out your candle, have Wu-Tang tagged up on your tombstone by Jandel
Release the info, 4-4 increase your heart tempo
Scared your ass, you jumped through a closed window
To a hundred beats per a second, my mic's secret weapon
Infertiate your style to that of Led Zeplin
Encyclopedia Brittanica, Hanna Barbera, world of superest incher
Couldn't give a proper word on the scripture of my manner
You're just a flicker to my inferno, we burn for eternal
MC's delight - popcorn, we poppin every kernel"

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
WOW those 2 lyric segments contrast very nicely IMO. Genius.,

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I think there's no second line that really makes sense after this pic....

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I am confused to what you are trying to get at here.
Are you trying to say, Rappers have hidden their tribute to the Wu-Tang inside their lyrics.
Or are you saying Wu-Tang was underrated and only now is it being fully understood for the full impact they had on rap?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JValhalla
I am confused to what you are trying to get at here.
Are you trying to say, Rappers have hidden their tribute to the Wu-Tang inside their lyrics.
Or are you saying Wu-Tang was underrated and only now is it being fully understood for the full impact they had on rap?

I am saying that they're paying homage to the "founders" of rap cryptically within their writings. If you read their lyrics, they're very esoteric and it's not exactly popular, even dangerous in some cases.
These people are extremely intelligent and it would be best that they stay off the mainstream stage. The last thing we need is for people to be opening pathways in their brains.
Haven't you noticed how far rap has dropped off? It' has shed it's coat of necessity.
And within you will find a cold and dead corpse. Passion is drained.

KEEP IN MIND: The first mcs had a record player and a mic. thats it.
I think wutang really understands how important these guys were. It's too bad alot of their work has been pissed away.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by droneonline

I think there's no second line that really makes sense after this pic....

Sorry man, can you explain your post a bit more? I'm not stupid, i'm just ignorant

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oh I know how far rap has dropped off. Wu Tang can lyrically destroy any new rapper. Rza was in fact a genius. The whole 36 chambers is based off mathematics and the number 9. There are so many other rappers that are lyrical genius that get no play. Off the top of my head Kool Keith and all his MPs.

You made me do it

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
OKOKOK

Since i think this threads contents will be misinterpreted until the end, write your own lyrics and cypher them .
Doesn't have to be any genre specifically, just post profound lyrics/
Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JValhalla
Oh I know how far rap has dropped off. Wu Tang can lyrically destroy any new rapper. Rza was in fact a genius. The whole 36 chambers is based off mathematics and the number 9. There are so many other rappers that are lyrical genius that get no play. Off the top of my head Kool Keith and all his MPs.

You made me do it

I didn't know that about 36 chambers.. Thannk you.
Just further proves my point that wutang is deeply underrated. I know alot of rap is about vices and b/s but when people like pac, rza, gza, MM come along, you have to appreciate their talent. There should be a standard IMO.
What are you listening to these days?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Metaphor-
hatchet handle= arm on record player
hatchet blade= pin
turntable base= chopping block

They were so inspired that they forgot that 45s get so hot, they melt and ruin the channeled surface. Their inspirations came from the early mcs.
"Two turntables and a mic"

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

www.metrolyrics.com...

dope beat aswell...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

one of my fav beats, and fav nas verse..
edit on 4-9-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

illmatic,, fav rap album,..,,. maybe tied with tribe called quest discography..,..,

new topics

top topics

join